You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Azoff-Axl Lawsuit Settled: Includes "comprehensive touring agreement"

monkeychow wrote:

This is great news for two reasons:

#1: It seems more likely the usa fans will finally get their taste of the action, although I live in Australia, I love to see an active GNR anywhere reallty!

#2: In my opinion it is these kind of law suits that derail GNR and distract the focus from rocking. Bottom line is - if he's chatting with lawyers and doing CEO stuff - Axl doesn't get as much time to write songs and stuff....so in the end these kinds of problems going away increase the chances of us getting new music one day.

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Does anybody really think that they couldn't have used TicketMaster/Live Nation if there was a demand for the product?  Really?  Come on guys, you're smarter than that.

I have a very good friend who works for Live Nation. They only book sure things right now...across the board. If they can make money off you, they will book you. Period. If they can't, they won't.

No terms to the settlement so we have no idea who has the upper hand. I'll wait to read more about this before making an opinion.

Sky Dog wrote:

and for the record, they have been using Live Nation across the globe for multiple shows on the 2006, 2009, 2010 tours....I really don't think this means much.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It means an end to the distraction though...and more chance that if in general their touring agreements are sorted...the band will be able to book shows more easily.

I'd also consider that it may be that rather than being unable to work with live nation Axl just didn't want to. I mean if someone sues me for unpaid fees, and I counter sue them for breaches of duties, I'm not in a rush to run out and support their business.

A peace agreement between Azoff and Axl is only in the best interests of everything, neither side gets bogged down in a distracting, emotional and expensive lawsuit...and the band can focus again on making new music, playing shows or doing whatever they wanna do.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm fairly sure they could have toured the US at any time.  Whether anybody would show up or not is a different story.

Come now, I know you like to play it on the pessimist (or realist as you would call it) side, but you can't think that a lawsuit against the major (only) ticket agency in the US might hinder their chances of touring the US.

I'll agree, that they probably could've toured the US over the last few years, but obviously this whole saga made things a lot more difficult.  To the point where, they didn't feel it was worth it.

Hopefully things change from here on out.

emcitymisfit
 Rep: 28 

emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

and for the record, they have been using Live Nation across the globe for multiple shows on the 2006, 2009, 2010 tours....I really don't think this means much.

I believe Azoff's control is over only the US portion of the business, but I could be wrong.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
emcitymisfit wrote:
madagas wrote:

I believe Azoff's control is over only the US portion of the business, but I could be wrong.

I think you're right, but then again, I could be wrong too.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

If it doesn't mean much, then why did Axl's lawyers specifically mention it in papers filed in regards to the settlement? Why have that stipulation, that point mentioned? Anyway, the 2006 and 2009 shows aren't really relevant because those predate the legal battle.

Ali

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

So they'll probably tour the US in 2012 with an album released in 2008 and written in 2000? I don't see a huge demand for a CD tour (anywhere on the world TBH) and an AFD rehash in the States would be the second since 2006. Are they that interested in hearing Jungle again from any band that calls itself Guns N' Roses?

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

This lawsuit was between Azoff and Axl, not Live Nation and Axl was it not?

I cannot see Live Nation refusing to make millions of dollars managing a GNR tour just cause Azoff has his panties in a bunch.

The only thing I can see happened is that Azoff blocked GNR using Live Nation USA because of his personal issues and this is what got cleared up.

Board footer