You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Azoff-Axl Lawsuit Settled: Includes "comprehensive touring agreement"

Intercourse wrote:

So they'll probably tour the US in 2012 with an album released in 2008 and written in 2000? I don't see a huge demand for a CD tour (anywhere on the world TBH) and an AFD rehash in the States would be the second since 2006

when its so brilliantly summed up as it is above, you just realise how fucking nuts GNR 2011 is...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

So who's managing the band now? I agree a CD tour would look ridiculous. Best off playing festivals.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Awwww no dirt?

They sold the last Euro tour through Ticketmaster no bother, I'd wager there was no US tour cause Axl didnt want to use Azoff while this was ongoing, rather than Azoff black balling Axl. If there was a couple of bucks in it for him Azoff would sell his granny.
Interesting to see how this pans out for the US fans, cause now there's no excuses not to tour.

Nowadays I'm just curious to see where in the hell this GNR incarnation are headed, the status quo of this new era of Guns N' Roses is boring me shitless. I'm beginning to think its all a charade, I want to see some originality and creativity, its new music or bust for me.

johndivney wrote:

the resolution seems a little 2 convenient..

so axl is gonna tour under duress? that's a good idea.. & tour the usa no less.
still it's good news they'll be out there maybe it'll work out 4 the benefit of everyone & axl especially..

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Awwww no dirt?

They sold the last Euro tour through Ticketmaster no bother, I'd wager there was no US tour cause Axl didnt want to use Azoff while this was ongoing, rather than Azoff black balling Axl. If there was a couple of bucks in it for him Azoff would sell his granny.
Interesting to see how this pans out for the US fans, cause now there's no excuses not to tour.

Nowadays I'm just curious to see where in the hell this GNR incarnation are headed, the status quo of this new era of Guns N' Roses is boring me shitless. I'm beginning to think its all a charade, I want to see some originality and creativity, its new music or bust for me.

Same for me. Which is why I think drip feeding the vaultn through I tunes with a couple of videos to back it up would be a way to keep interest while ashba and axl finish offnthe tunes they're working on lol

Sky Dog wrote:
Ali wrote:
madagas wrote:

and for the record, they have been using Live Nation across the globe for multiple shows on the 2006, 2009, 2010 tours....I really don't think this means much.

If it doesn't mean much, then why did Axl's lawyers specifically mention it in papers filed in regards to the settlement? Why have that stipulation, that point mentioned? Anyway, the 2006 and 2009 shows aren't really relevant because those predate the legal battle.

Ali

Gnr has been at odds in some fashion with Clear Channel/Live Nation since the 2002 US Tour meltdown.

Either way, it doesn't matter now. Looking forward, I hope the "venues" they are talking about are Live Nation venues such as Hammerstein in New York and The Tabernacle in Atlanta. 3000-4000 seat theatres. 9

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Does anybody really think that they couldn't have used TicketMaster/Live Nation if there was a demand for the product?  Really?  Come on guys, you're smarter than that.

Are you aware the Irving Azoff is the Executive Chairman of Live Nation Entertainment, of which Live Nation and Ticketmaster are subsidiaries?

Ali

I am well aware of that. Are you aware that businesses are out to make money and will sell out anybody to do it?  Business is business. If there was money to be made, it would have happened.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Does anybody really think that they couldn't have used TicketMaster/Live Nation if there was a demand for the product?  Really?  Come on guys, you're smarter than that.

Are you aware the Irving Azoff is the Executive Chairman of Live Nation Entertainment, of which Live Nation and Ticketmaster are subsidiaries?

Ali

I am well aware of that. Are you aware that businesses are out to make money and will sell out anybody to do it?  Business is business. If there was money to be made, it would have happened.

Again with the oversimplifications.:laugh:

Sure, business is about making money. But, it wouldn't be the first time personal/professional/legal issues have presented hurdles if not complete impediments to doing business.

I'll say it again, I can't see any reason why a touring agreement would be mentioned in the settlement terms unless touring or the ability to tour was a point of contention or concern.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I think it was one sided. If Azoff didn't want a tour, it was because he felt he wouldn't make money. Axl would be the one to make it personal. It's pretty clear from the lawsuit which side took things personally.

I didn't oversimplify it, I explained it for what it was. Axl wanted that verbage included so he could deflect blame and claim victory. Azoff would have let him tour anytime that he could make him money, so why would he care about including the wording?

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think it was one sided. If Azoff didn't want a tour, it was because he felt he wouldn't make money. Axl would be the one to make it personal. It's pretty clear from the lawsuit which side took things personally.

I didn't oversimplify it, I explained it for what it was. Axl wanted that verbage included so he could deflect blame and claim victory. Azoff would have let him tour anytime that he could make him money, so why would he care about including the wording?

I think you did oversimplify it because you are assuming that Azoff would have let him tour anytime despite this professional/legal issue ongoing.  It seems as if you are completely dismissing that as a potential complication in doing a major tour given Azoff's position and his company's virtual monopoly over the touring/concert industry.  Without putting words in Neemo's mouth, I think that was the point he was getting at as well.

Ali

Board footer