You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Walking Dead

johndivney wrote:

Decko from Brotherhood getting it in the face!

Then Rick needlessly killing him. Once that horn went off Rick was like fuck me another guy I didn't really have to kill, I coulda just chopped his face off & that'd have been more fun & a change of pace.

How nasty did that cgi look? Especially when they were the wide shots at the quarry. Show is going to look dated as fuck over next few years if it doesn't already just suck - remember carol blowing up something with a bow & arrow & how horrible that looked?

Too many episodes in these seasons.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

How nasty did that cgi look? Especially when they were the wide shots at the quarry.

Ha! That's the first thing I thought.

I reckon the producers saw Hardhome early this year and decided to spruce up the first episode. They obviously don't have the budget for it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

CGI was awful. Hahaha. I thought the episode was good overall.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Watched it late last night. I enjoyed it and thought it was great to set up what's going down this season. Some things could of been trimmed down abit and could of been fully described in the Season 5 finale to be honest. Basically just to reduce padding things out. The Carter prick and a few other details shouldn't of had that much focus if they were just going to be in one episode with one small story piece. The Ricktatorship is back, baby!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I enjoyed it...was pretty good...not sure whats up with Tara and Eugene. ..isn't she gay?

Also Abraham is acting a bit loony...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Neemo wrote:

U enjoyed it...was pretty good...not sure whats up with Tara and Eugene. ..isn't she gay?

Also Abraham is acting a bit loony...

I think Abraham is where Sasha was last season. Losing it a bit. Hope he gets back to normal. One of my favorites. "WHO'S DEANNA?!?!" 16

Thought it was decent. I can see the Rick vs. Morgan show down looming. The protein bar joke was funny between him and Michone. Also liked how he saw right past Carol's helpless act. Hes gonna shake things up a bit for sure. CGI wasn't the best as it was pointed out. Rick is full blown Rick mode and it's awesome.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pretty crazy episode!

Carol's vs Morgan's ideals

And Jessie losing her shit!

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Fucking Carol making those Wolves her bitches.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Loved it!!

johndivney wrote:

wow. what the fuck.

one of best episodes ever imo.

first 10mins i was like oh ffs! what a boring pos show!
i thought they'd totally crapped the bed w/a character driven episode this week, & that they were going to waste the horn blowing on some angsty emo teenager.

& then carol looks out her window & some random guy runs down the street hacks a woman to death?!
(of course she'd have been inside smoking if carol hadn't been such a bitch a couple of mins earlier).

i wasn't sure whether i'd see it correctly. it was like, ok time to sit up & pay attention.

have to say, after last week's terrible cgi i thought this week looked utterly amazing. the blood & some of the hacking the wolves were doing was just brilliant.

top episode. really wasn't expecting that.

the second to last scene w/morgan in the house fighting the last of the wolves seemed weird tho. maybe it was just my copy but it seemed like there was a cut & some weird editing going on there. when the guy suddenly asks him, "you can't can you?" it felt like they'd cut out a fair chunk of conversation & the fight itself. other than that tho, that was a great episode.

Board footer