You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Walking Dead

AtariLegend wrote:

I bet Glen gets killed off anyway either later in this season or next.

Way too predictable.

johndivney wrote:

That was a really bad. So much stupid it's mangled my brain.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

That was a really bad. So much stupid it's mangled my brain.

Haha.

And Enid. What the fuck. JSS IS JUST SO STUPID

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I just don't understand why they felt the need to build that up so much. It was pointless. I love the show; but I sincerely hope some of these story issues get wrapped up in the mid season break episode. They severely drag the show down and hurt the pacing going into Season 2 territory. I know that some of these elements are being set up for stuff to happen in the future; but if it doesn't compliment the main plot, leave it alone for now. Since we are reaching into a major plot point that happens in the comics next episode. Enid is so one note and doesn't need all this back story and mystique if she's just some kid that's being used as Carl's potential love interest. Since Sophia in this TV continuity is long gone. Speaking of Carl, he was being as much of a prick as that Ron kid during this episode. So something is going down and hopefully Ron bites the dust, and Carl has to face some sort of consequence. The temp, side characters that aren't going to make it out when the walls come crashing down need to be dealt with; so the show can have a stronger flow, scenes feel more effective, and have the main cast to concentrate on.

Hidden Text:

Carl is getting his eye shout out. Someone in the lead survivor group is going to lose a limb, possibly. Neagan will be teased later in the season and I don't think it will be during the mid season break. I have a feeling Paul "Jesus" Monroe was the one to get some of the walker groups out of the way and that him and Hill Top will be introduced. It's possible that Jesus may helped Glenn's fate abit. Another theory could be Enid went to Hill Top before showing up in Alexandria and that's why there are still those random questions. Or...she's still just a one note filler character. Rick and Jessie's relationship will develop further. The leader, Deanna will die and Rick will become the new head of the Alexandria Safe Zone. Sasha has taken Andrea's original role from the comics.

Hidden Text:

Watchmen actor, Jeffery Dean Morgan has been officially cast as the villain, Neagan. Fantastic casting choice in my opinion.

The previous episode before this did do some world building and references to the comics for plot lines that are happening soon. Introduced Dwight and most likely teased the Saviors. The group they were hiding from in the woods. Which I had a feeling were the group of criminals that originally turned that community from Season 4&5 into the Terminus cannibals. Also want to see more of Carol being a bad ass and trying to stop Morgan's keeping the lead Wolf alive secret. Another thing I want to point out with Morgan is that I like the character and the actor. His role is better served than what it was in the comics; but I don't want him to be killed off in some bullshit way especially since they built that character up with that whole flash back episode and ridding of the Clear mindset. Let's see what happens I guess.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

AtariLegend wrote:

I bet Glen gets killed off anyway either later in this season or next.

Way too predictable.

Yeah that's the problem I have as well.

AtariLegend wrote:

Anti-climatic, almost nothing happened. Why was this a mid-season finale?

Read online afterwards that they showed a prologue for when the season resumes before "the talking dead" which I have no interest in ever watching. Really silly, include it in the episode or don't show it all. Same with those post-credits scenes. I'm not watching past the bit where the credits start rolling, I had no idea about that Morgan stuff last season until I read it here.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bullshit cock tease episode. The show pisses me off when they fuck with the fans like this. STOP MILKING THIS STORY. DELIVER THE GOODS. The show needs a climax and resolution now. I mean how many years can we keep doing this rinse and repeat shit?

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bullshit cock tease episode. The show pisses me off when they fuck with the fans like this. STOP MILKING THIS STORY. DELIVER THE GOODS. The show needs a climax and resolution now. I mean how many years can we keep doing this rinse and repeat shit?

Ratings are too high and some producer said last year they wanted 12 seasons. They're making money and it's not like it's based upon a book with a specific ending.

We won't see a end game to this show or a build-up to a final season until people stop tuning in. I think even if Andrew Lincoln said, "okay guys next season is my last". They'd just keep going on (fans might not though) and write in new characters. This show will end up like Dexter if it goes another 3 seasons (okay that maybe not that bad).

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Who is the bad guy after Negan? I am sure there is an even badder dude in the way. So lame now. That said I will watch.

AtariLegend wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Who is the bad guy after Negan?

According to wiki. That would be Alpha.

I'm assuming

Hidden Text:

she

won't be for a few seasons. Assuming they keep stretching everything out, season 8? I've never read the comics though tongue.

Board footer