You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: The Walking Dead

PaSnow wrote:
Axl4Life wrote:

Makes me believe the show-runners don't even know themselves who Negan killed yet,

I think they definitely don't know who to kill.  That's the beauty in it tho, they're not locked in & can come back with new ideas & a fresh start.  They've probably limited it to 3 or 4 of them, with a story arc for each for the first few episodes on what happens to them and how they overcome.  Even if they knew the victim they'd have likely shot 2 or 3 characters getting beat in case it leaked.  Wouldn't surprise me if they start a "rumor" that it's someone important, like Carl. In fact, maybe they admitted he needs to be written out of the show, due to his aging, however that should've happened 2-3 seasons ago.

I still say they're not dead, just getting beat.

AtariLegend wrote:

Neegan says he's choosing one of them to kill. There is no purpose to this if he doesn't kill.

He also says tear out the boy's other eye if anyone moves? So it's obviously not Carl and unlikely to be Rick.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Neemo, the show was having the best season ever until the end of the finale. That was a chicken shit move plain and simple. They have beaten the cliff hanger to death like it is some sort of Click Bait for them. Very cheesy. Be a man and show the shit and next season can discuss the fall out and how the move forward. That shit was so lame. It is actually worse than GOT. At least GOT showed Snow get killed or whatever and now we wonder about if he comes back. If GOT was run by TWD people we never get that snow scene.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

How was it chickenshit? They did something they knew would go over like a bag of flaming dog shit...people are dying to know who bought it

The backlash shows how impatient society has become...cliffhangers have been around since "who killed J.R." in the 80s...nothing new

There are 11 people in line...could be any of them...I think what makes the cliffhanger so painful is that a few of the characters are truly loved by the fans

Obvious choices for me

Abe or Sasha ... cuz they are already dead by this point in the comic
Daryl cuz he never existed in the comic
Glen cuz this is where he dies in the comic
Aaron even tho he is still alive in the comic he never gets fully developed as a character

Reasons for some people not to die

Eugene cuz he has a big role in the comics later
Rosita cuz she helps eugene get there
Maggie ... cuz Glens death spurs her to grow in the comic
Michonne cuz her upcoming involvment is important in the comic
Rick and Carl. ..cuz TWD is their story

I'd like it to be Glen to keep the lore intact (tho I really like his character) ... but Norman has been branching out with tv shows (riding with reedus or wtf its called lol) and video game apearances (silent hill with kojima) ... anyway might be time for him to move on...I thunk speculation can be fun tho

Sucks if u guys are so pissed about it ..I really enjoyed this season...even the finale

AtariLegend wrote:

They had two episodes already this season end with 2 fakeouts. Glen/Daryl, it's pretty stupid for them to be killed after the maximum shock value is gone.

The show has survived for a while on only killing off secondary characters leaving the characters who everyone perceives to be untouchable unscathed seemingly because of their popularity. Abe/Sasha/Eugene/Rosita/Aaron... no one will be too fussed if it ends up being them. There is no shock value, unless it's for people who read the comics?

They've already told you that it's not Carl/Rick, unless they get desperate and do a re-write/retcon the final lines Neegan says. Carl/Rick are the only two that would actually be shocking.

We're also about to start season 7, the show is popular and they've got a few years to go before it catches up with it's source material. It just doesn't feel like it's going anywhere though, is their any end game to this show/destination? Does The Walking Dead just go on forever until it's cancelled? It would be fine if the story didn't go in circles.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They had two episodes already this season end with 2 fakeouts. Glen/Daryl, it's pretty stupid for them to be killed after the maximum shock value is gone.

The show has survived for a while on only killing off secondary characters leaving the characters who everyone perceives to be untouchable unscathed seemingly because of their popularity. Abe/Sasha/Eugene/Rosita/Aaron... no one will be too fussed if it ends up being them. There is no shock value, unless it's for people who read the comics?

They've already told you that it's not Carl/Rick, unless they get desperate and do a re-write/retcon the final lines Neegan says. Carl/Rick are the only two that would actually be shocking.

We're also about to start season 7, the show is popular and they've got a few years to go before it catches up with it's source material. It just doesn't feel like it's going anywhere though, is their any end game to this show/destination? Does The Walking Dead just go on forever until it's cancelled? It would be fine if the story didn't go in circles.

For legacy of the show they need to start an end game. It is rinse and repeat mode now.....

Prison
Governor
Terminus
Wolves
Negan

Needs to move forward now.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Kirkman has said he wants the comic to span 300 issues...they are only at issue 153 as of today ... they are like half way ... and there doesn't appear to be an endgame at this point

Negan debuted in issue 100 of the comic

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

For legacy of the show they need to start an end game. It is rinse and repeat mode now.....

Prison
Governor
Terminus
Wolves
Negan

They've pretty much been owning everyone up til now...what do u guys think will happen with Negan? Grimes and Co. continue winning or do the Saviors and Negan put them in their place...tune in this fall to AMC

Some shows have been on for years with no "endgame" why does it have to end? Why can't it run like old school shows....keep producing the show until it doesn't make sense anymore financially to keep the cast together or due to decline in ratings...we're so used to 6 years and out ala HBO that that has become the norm...chicken shit way to end the show if u ask me...blah 6 seasons let's do something else? (Ps I'm fucking with u guys)

I dunno I'm enjoying both show and comic...

AtariLegend wrote:

The show isn't going to last 18-21 seasons. They need to start thinking about what the final season of this show is going to look like in a few years, meaning they're going to have to depart from the comics at some point dramatically.

Neemo wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Prison
Governor
Terminus
Wolves
Negan

They've pretty much been owning everyone up til now...what do u guys think will happen with Negan? Grimes and Co. continue winning or do the Saviors and Negan put them in their place...tune in this fall to AMC

I think they give into his demands and struggle for half a season, by the end of next season Neegan is dealt with. Which again is too similar to what has happened already happened. It's the formula sad.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

If u want I can tell u guys what happens in the comics (If u dont know) ..could easily be a 2-3 year arc if they planned it right

Board footer