You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: The Walking Dead

Smoking Guns wrote:

This isn't the sopranos. You can't stretch this forever. The show is pretty shallow honestly. I love the show. But it is just a survivor show with some great characters. But at some point they need to all die or find a cure or safe zone or something. I am with Atari. The shelf life will wear thin. We had a lot of time spent on going to DC for a cure. Now we are in just a hopeless abyss of one badass after another with a never ending supply of guns and bullets. Grimes will kill Negan eventually. Or they all die. There is only so much that can happen within the current world the created. Milking this cash cow would be disgusting. Show some integrity and go out on top.

Banshee is going out on top. 4 seasons of killer shit and they are saying "That's it". Breaking Bad did the same. Same with Sopranos. You can only milk that cow so long UNLESS you have no set plot. Like Seinfeld or Friends and each week is different shit.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Dude its an ongoing comic book series...this isn't fine literature, this isn't a defined series like lotr or got ... $2.99 & 22 pages a month ... make it as cool as u can keep the readers interested ..

The show will last as long as the viewers keep watching...like a million shows that have come before

Tbh I'm about done w HBO GoT ... if they are truly going away from grrm influence it becomes irrelevant for me...the amount of deviaion from the books already has put me off quite a bit...maybe when the season starts up I'll get into it again

Boardwalk empire was similar ...one they killed Jimmy I completely lost interest...no idea how that series ends

I can't for the life of me get into breaking bad

I gave up on agents of shield after 2 seasons and Gotham after 1

Fear didn't do much for me season one so it'll be on a short leash starting this weekend

Never bothered with the leftovers after season 1

Was never into sienfeld or freinds, haven't seen banshee or house of cards ...

There is tons of shit on tv to avoid forcing yourself to watch something

I watch hells kitchen, survivor and TWD lol .. tribe taste I know ...my wife let's me know often

There has been a couple bad seasons in a row of TWD. .this season was pretty awesome imo

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think salaries, stars desires to do something new (and realization of royalties will still be coming in), aging of actors, contract demands, fans tire of neverending tale and ratings decline &/or new hot show pops up etc....  The 6-7 year story arc just makes sense.  Sure, TWD *might* be the show which beats all those odds, but realistically, it's not all that likely. 

I think they cliffhanged this seasons ending for the hype & social media buzz, trying to attract more binge watchers in the offseason, then come out wing a bang in next seasons opener, for more buzz.  After that, it just becomes too hard for binge watchers to 'catch up', as watching 80+ episodes straight isn't that fun.  Then, the following season might be the last season.  Breaking Bad went the same way, the final 2 seasons ratings & publicity of the show seemed to increase drastically, that by the final episode it was considered one of the greatest shows of all time, and one of if not the highest rated cable finale. We'll see, I doubt they do more than 3 more seasons.

My guess for next season is they work with Negan at first, then in the 2nd half of next season devise a plan & coerce other Negan members to join them. I bet Negans group is incredibly large, so it'll be a huge undertaking. Wouldn't surprise me if next season finale is a huge, 2 hour, darn near movie.  AMC has the $$ & if FTWD does a little bit better it could grow into a show of it's own.

Going back to the cliffhanger, I just thought of something, does anyone think it would've been a wayyyy better cliffhanger to end it with them finding Daryl & Michonne as the "walkers" and end it with that?   Then intro Negan in the opener next season?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Finished the current issue this morning, and some crazy shit bout to go down in the comic series (issue 154 was released yesterday)

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Neemo wrote:

Finished the current issue this morning, and some crazy shit bout to go down in the comic series (issue 154 was released yesterday)

I need to get back into the comic. Kind of stopped before the big All Out War arc; but I hear it's good and so is the 2 year time jump into the current story arc. So I'll probably buy the new volume companion books since I torrented some of the issues online; but did buy some of the first few books that go up into the prison arc. After reading some of synopsis-es for the latest issues, they have peaked my interest.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Some serious shit going down in the comic last couple months

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

One week away!

So who's getting to meet Lucille?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

One week away!

I am still pissed how they ended last season.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

One week away!

I am still pissed how they ended last season.

Over the past couple of months I binged the entire series. Had never watched. It is great.

The Season 6 finale doesn't bother me as much because I just finished it, so I only have a few days to wait. I fear that the character killed in the comic books will die in the Season 7 opener, but we'll see. Probably will be a huge reveal.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

BigBri the season & midseason openers startup with a bang!  as do the finale's.  Be sure to watch it live or asap if you can after it premieres, otherwise stay off yahoo, social media etc..  It'll be all over the place.

Board footer