You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

slcpunk wrote:

Has there been an opening band at every show? I'm trying to decide if I want to cruise up to Orlando later or see the whole shabang. Although I don't want to fuck up and miss anything if there is no opener.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Megadeth and GNR at the same show would be awesome overload for me!

It's getting better, they just added BLS and Slash to the list as well (probably because they had to replace Black Sabbath with Ozzy & Friends, of which both Zakk & Slash are part). The only thing that bothers me is Limp Bizkit headlining on Saturday...

But yeah: Axl, Slash, Dave Mustain, Ozzy, Zakk, Sebastian Bach and Lemmy all on the same bill. And then there's Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Twisted Sister, Pennywise, Sick of it All, ...

http://www.graspop.be/en/bands/index.html

Sky Dog wrote:

holy fuck.....barely alive. I just reached in to my shirt pocket and a bunch of red confetti came out. Cramer, balls to the wall. Hands down the best I have ever seen Axl. Happy, rocking...spill over crowd from Radiohead got quite a nice suprise.

I am sitting outside waiting for my bro, dude and wife come by. Should we go? Wife looks scared...I see the dude right at WTTJ and he is floored. I said, "where's your wife?" In the hotel room....he goes, "couldn't pass this opportunity up."

Sky Dog wrote:

although only Bono's friends count as casual fans go, my boys...and this is only 2 of them....were quite impressed.

I concur. Almost a bit surreal

...Matt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, March 02, 2012 12:39 PM
To: Chipman, Billy
Cc: Matt Maskell; Maurer, Eric; Todd Pope
Subject: Re: Just a reminder....whoooooooo

GnR was the one band that I've always regretted missing their shows back in their heyday always assuming I would just make the next one.  When I came down with the flu when they came trough in November, I figured seeing GnR just wasn't in the cards for me. 

The show exceeded the hype.  I'm laughing that we actually got to see GnR at the Tabernacle.  Wow

Sky Dog wrote:
madagas wrote:

holy fuck.....barely alive. I just reached in to my shirt pocket and a bunch of red confetti came out. Cramer, balls to the wall. Hands down the best I have ever seen Axl. Happy, rocking...spill over crowd from Radiohead got quite a nice suprise.

I am sitting outside waiting for my bro, dude and wife come by. "Should we go?" Wife looks scared...I see the dude right at WTTJ and he is floored. I said, "where's your wife?"

"In the hotel room"....he goes, "couldn't pass this opportunity up."

he got rocked!!!!!!!:mosh:

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:

Glad you had a good time! Would be awesome to read a full review by you!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Awesome shit, dude smile

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Wow, getting pumped for tomorrow.

The way they have the HOB set up in Orlando allows me to get a "front of the line" pass if I eat dinner at their restaurant. Which is a no brainer, I can get a bite then take the pass and get in front of all the other chumps in line, lol. I had considered just rolling up there around 10:30 and being anywhere, but I don't want to risk it.

Board footer