You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Sky Dog wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Glad you had a good time! Would be awesome to read a full review by you!

don't need a full review...12:15 crowd QUITE restless but no panic. Soon as lights went down, flip of the switch and it was on. Chinese is a good opener because at first you are actually suprised that you see Axl in this type of venue. WTTJ....SHIT KICKED IN. I need food.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

yea, I had a regular ga ticket, thought I would muscle my way up....no dice. Anyhow, the coolest thing was watching some Radiohead fans get face planted. My bro said Radiohead was awesome too...that is quite a double bill.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I love Orlando's HOB. Can't friggin believe GN'R is going to play there. Seriously wish I was back home cuz I'd be there sad

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Wow, getting pumped for tomorrow.

The way they have the HOB set up in Orlando allows me to get a "front of the line" pass if I eat dinner at their restaurant. Which is a no brainer, I can get a bite then take the pass and get in front of all the other chumps in line, lol. I had considered just rolling up there around 10:30 and being anywhere, but I don't want to risk it.

I did that same thing for Chicago so I ended up being the first person to walk in after the Gold VIPs.

Also, that HoB in Orlando is pretty rad. I saw Train there about 7 years ago. I couldn't imagine getting to see GN'R there. You're gonna have the time of your life.

I saw Queensryche there a couple of years back and it was a great venue. I was in the "back" and still was very close. I've seen GNR at The (old) Joint in LV twice and that was a blast. I'm bringing a buddy of mine who has never GNR in concert before, he's pumped and I am sure he's going to be blown away. I work for myself and still stay up pretty late most nights however my wife gets up at 4am for work every day. So we're going to pump her full of caffeine and then vodka. Should do the trick. 16

I'd like to get up top on the balcony and see the show from there, that would be my first choice. I'm too old (yea I said it) to be down on the floor right up front these days.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
madagas wrote:
ottosporteman wrote:

Glad you had a good time! Would be awesome to read a full review by you!

don't need a full review...12:15 crowd QUITE restless but no panic. Soon as lights went down, flip of the switch and it was on. Chinese is a good opener because at first you are actually suprised that you see Axl in this type of venue. WTTJ....SHIT KICKED IN. I need food.

CD has a great build up, but I still think WTTJ is the superior opener. People lose their shit when that song kicks in.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

I love Orlando's HOB. Can't friggin believe GN'R is going to play there. Seriously wish I was back home cuz I'd be there sad

Where are you now?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm outside Knoxville TN.

I saw Black Flag (actually Rollinsband doing all his old Black Flag songs) and The Circle Jerks at The Joint. A couple weeks later Pearl Jam. Such a great venue.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

The Circle Jerks...ahhh the good ole days!

They get some great bands in there for sure. To see GNR again in such a small venue will be a treat.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Has there been an opener at ever one of these small shows? What time does the opener go on? GNR is going on around 11:30-12 right?

Board footer