You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

On a brighter note, after reading that UYI article, i'm in a lot more positive mindset about a new Guns tour this fall in the U.S.

Thanks Russ

Man, I gotta read that article.  It's like the magic elixir.  You just went from 0 to 100 in a couple of hours.  22

Eddie Trunk commented briefly on the GNR US tour rumors tonight on his Sirius/XM show.  He said that he has credible sources that tell him a tour is being planned and he knows of dates in the midwest that are being worked on.  He mentioned Oklahoma specifically.  He said that nothing was official, but he cited Richard leaving Thin Lizzy to focus on GNR the rest of the year.  So he, like many others, are just connecting the dots.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder what style Axl will go for in this leg, hope he ditches that sparkly jacket for the black leather one. Or even better, his leather one from 2006.

johndivney wrote:

he'll still be rockin the avuncular allman look of the last few years.. he's aged disgracefully into that look that he was always meant for. now he just needs the tunes to back it up. they need to throw some of their southern rock tunes into the set when they hit the US.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I'm with Buzz. It's likely I'll go if they play somewhere within an hour of me.
There was a poll on this site a couple years back: How far would you travel?

I think in 2009 I would have traveled 160 miles for a Nu-GnR show.
2 years later, my excitement for Chinese Democracy has shriveled-up, and I guess I'd still go just to see Axl, but I won't drive more than 50 miles. hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

(p.s. Sorry for all the "Guns N' Roses" in that post but it's the only way I can make myself laugh when people still insist on saying "Nu-GNR" and all the asinine stuff 16)

No need to apologies. In 2011, it IS laughable!  22

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

2006 starts now!

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The US leg of the 2006 tour also started Halloween-ish in Florida.

I remember this because they bounced the actual start date back n' forth a few times.

Axl even made some comments on that at the VMAs, and Merck talked about it in his open letter.

Board footer