You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

Olorin wrote:

That would be pretty cool lol!

Wonder if ITW will make a comeback this time around, it got left off the setlist for more than the 2nd half of the last tour. They seemed to get a real kick out of playing it, and it was thought it was ditched to preserve Axls voice, so I'll be interested to see if it returns.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i feel really lucky to have witnessed that Hamilton show in 2010...they played everything except catcher, prostitute, Riad & IRS ... was a good show 9

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What would make me laugh is if for the next 2 years worth of shows Axl just played only CD songs - and then I could read endless posts demanding the band play Jungle and SCOM.

That will never happen, but I would absolutely back the 'New Chapter' movement.
Anyway, it's clear that they have to play some classics - otherwise people would have another valid ground, questioning the use of the name 'Guns N' Roses'. But if it's a nostalgia act, then be a real one, and not some fake b(r)and. Or (and it's the better case) move on, and play your new (I mean not older than 20 years...) material in a serious amount.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i feel really lucky to have witnessed that Hamilton show in 2010...they played everything except catcher, prostitute, Riad & IRS ... was a good show 9

That Canada tour was probably the best leg in hindsight, lots of new songs, Axl sounded great, lots of good reviews and very little controversy.

Is it really such an impossible task that they couldnt match it this year in the US?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I hope they would. I simply get scared by their rumoured lack of faith in Chinese or other unreleased songs.

I would be more than happy if they kept the set list like always...they need to do those damn hits...but sprinkle in with NEW Chinese session songs..keep Sorry, Better, Chinese, Madagascar and then add like 3 others.

Would never happen but I would pay good money to go see such a thing.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

I'm glad you guys are finally gonna get to see them this year. I really thought the CD songs played in Dublin last year got a really good reception (after the hiccup), lots of the crowd singing along. Anyway, they sounded amazing, really tight, just wanted to say hope y'all have a great time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

HTGTH.com
Two new US shows were announced today. Nov 13 in Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center & Chicago (Rosemont), IL at the Allstate Arena (Nov 15)
4 hours ago

http://www.targetcenter.com/default.asp … &objId=956
# Date:  Sunday, Nov 13, 2011
# Time: 9:00PM
# Doors Open: 8:00 PM
# Seating: Guns N Roses
# Tickets: Tickets available at Target Center's Box Office, all Ticketmaster outlets, online at Ticketmaster.com or call 1.800.745.3000
# Ticket Prices: $41.50, $51.50 and $81.50
# Availability: Friday, Sep 16, 2011 5:00PM
# Executive Suites

For more information regarding suites for designated Target Center events, please call 612-673-8344 or email

http://www.967irock.com/site
GUNS N' ROSES - ALL STATE ARENA
96-7 I-ROCK has your tickets to see GUNS N' ROSES!

ALL STATE ARENA
Tuesday November 15
Become an I-ROCK INSIDER to sign up to win tickets!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That might be when the Bulls and Blackhawks are out of town for two weeks.  If it is, I won't be there.

Board footer