You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

lol

apparently del booked the tour based on spite towards posters on certain msg boards, so you never know..

It's interesting because they can't get a weekend spot.

Dude, come on. "Can't get"? You're really, really reaching on that one.

I'm sure they never played a date in a large market mid week with 21 right?  Couldn't possibly be.  WOW!  There's a lot that goes into routing a tour I'm sure, but I highly doubt the venues are denying them weekend access.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

They didn't play every major market mid week.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Actually, during the euro tour I was looking at a lot of different shows in different countries, thinking of travelling. I did notice that it was very rare that they played any Friday or Saturday nights, the vast majority were week nights and most weekend gigs were on Sundays.

Rather than the venues denying them those slots, I'd be more convinced that its down to GN'R leaving everything to the last minute that they miss out.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

A Friday night in Atl might work.  If I go, I'll wait to the last minute to buy tickets...maybe I can get them free.

Edit: Never mind.  It's Wednesday.  That's the two major cities I could attend both being on a week night.  Interesting.

lol

apparently del booked the tour based on spite towards posters on certain msg boards, so you never know..

Is that true? I wouldnae be suprised if Scotland missed out cause I'd called him a wank at some point full of the bevvy lol!

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Actually, during the euro tour I was looking at a lot of different shows in different countries, thinking of travelling. I did notice that it was very rare that they played any Friday or Saturday nights, the vast majority were week nights and most weekend gigs were on Sundays.

Rather than the venues denying them those slots, I'd be more convinced that its down to GN'R leaving everything to the last minute that they miss out.

That's more likely the case. A result of poor last minute planning.

So, in a way. They "can't get a weekend spot". Just not for the reason some like to think!
smile

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

That's your opinion.  There's no fact to that, only that nobody books them to play weekends.  Based on lack of sales, I could easily point to that as the case.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

That's your opinion.  There's no fact to that, only that nobody books them to play weekends.  Based on lack of sales, I could easily point to that as the case.

Yes it's an opinion. Just as yours. I just apply logic and a positive spin on it. You do the opposite.
And for a little positivity icing on the cake, you have the fact that there are more weekdays than weekend-days in a week. The majority of shows HAS to be on weekdays. If not, a short euro tour of 20 dates would last 3 months instead of...oh...say 5 weeks. Money saved on hotel-costs, salary for the band and crew etc etc

See Buzzsaw? The world is not always as cruel as you want it to be!

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Hilarious.  Absolutely hilarious.  Thank you for the laugh.

Board footer