You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: 2011-12 Guns n Roses Tour

faldor wrote:

I wonder if its a case of the radio station jumping the gun and announcing a show before it was officially agreed upon. Why do things always have to be so complicated? Weird how they confirmed the show this morning, then hours later retracted that and said it wasn't happening.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Something is really under way when even Jarmo posts it:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news … ewsid=2213

Promoters in Ireland, France and Italy have announced the following GN'R shows:
May 17th, 2012 - Dublin, Ireland @ The O2
Onsale to General Public: Fri 03/02/12, 09:00
O2 Priority Presale: Wed 01/02/12, 09:00 - Fri 03/02/12, 08:00

June 5th, 2012 - Paris, France @ Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
June 10th, 2012 - Lyon, France @ Halle Tony Garnier
June 11th, 2012 - Strasbourg, France @ Zenith Strasbourg
June 14th, 2012 - Toulouse, France @ Zenith de Toulouse
June 18th, 2012 - Montpellier, France @ Park&Suites Arena
June 19th, 2012 - Toulon, France @ Zénith Toulon
Presale for all French shows: February 2nd at 10:00 at www.gdp.fr.

June 22nd, 2012 - Milan, Italy @ Arena Fiera Milano (Gods Of Metal)
Tickets on sale, more information at www.godsofmetal.it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

That's a LOT of France shows.

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
russtcb wrote:

6 shows in France?? Is that the norm for their Euro tours?

I guess that's the thing. Considering how large France is, the previous tours have had few stops there. I guess this Euro-tour may try and add cities that didn't get a visit last time, pluss the usual large cities (Dublin etc)

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

well, it`s the same proportion they do in the US, one show per ten million inhabitants...  if those dates are arena dates, they will end up with the same average attendance, too. the question is, where are those 8 german dates? one rumoured concert in germany is ridiculous! and considering they skipped germany the last time around, even more so. in europe/germany people don`t do 7 hour road trips to go to a concert... it`s either in their neighbourhood (max. 3 hours) or they won`t go.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Just got a text from the O2 arena asking if I wanted to book tickets for gnr in may, wtf?
I haven't been reading in this section in awhile and had no idea they are coming back here again so soon.

Did I miss something, are they dropping a new album, or is it the same Chinese democracy tour again?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that gnu will headline one of the sonisphere UK dates this year. It's at the start of July.

Although after the fiasco at reading I think I'd rather see them at their own show as opposed to a festival

Naltav

Naltav wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Did I miss something, are they dropping a new album, or is it the same Chinese democracy tour again?

I've noticed Metallica are planning a tour of Europe in the coming months. I have heard they're also gonna be recording during 2012.

So are they touring Death Magnetic from 2008? No, the Lou Reed album doesen't count! No, they're touring with their hits (actually they're litteraly touring The Black Album from 1991, playing the whole album start to finish!) and playing songs the fans want to hear and see.

Board footer