You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Bach flip flops on being the singer in VR..

monkeychow wrote:

It seems to me like slash maybe doesn't know how to slove conflicts with band members or perhaps isn't the best at communication either.

GNR - Steven is fired despite being one of Slash's oldest freinds.

GNR - Signs the name rights to Axl to avoid further trouble with Axl. (*There's different accounts of this story, but it's not a stretch to think that in some regard Axl would have been pissed over a refusal, even if the whole not going on stage thing is a lie)

Gnr - Walks out of the biggest band in the world.

Snakepit 1 - formed using material for GNR because they couldn't agree on a direction.

Snakpit 2 - entirely new line up from snakepit 1 for no public reason.

VR - Can't agree on new singer. Slash bails.

Slash Album - known to use at least one song originally written for VR. (Seems like the new snakepit1 situation).

Slash is awesome, but it does look from the outside like when things get confusing he just runs.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree that Corey is a douche...  Myles is really cool, like Gilby... Cool people are more fun to work with vs. douches or dicks.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Baz sounds like total shit here, worse than Myles....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What happened here again? Why was Baz singing this without Axl on stage?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

What happened here again? Why was Baz singing this without Axl on stage?

If I recall correctly, Axl was having problems with his voice that night and had to cut out early.  Earlier that morning they had played a surprise acoustic show, so many questioned him for doing that when he had a scheduled show for paying customers later in the evening.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Bono wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

Now, with VR... HE has the keys... and his hand on the wheel. And what is he doing? Tarnishing his own band's legacy with indecision and inactivity just as much as (if not, more than) his old singer has his former one.   17

16  That is such a joke. Slash released two albums with VR including two tours and has released a solo album  and has been touring his own album for a year. Do NOT even begin to compare Slash's "indecision and inactivity" with that of Axl's Makes you look foolish.

I'm solely speaking about VR here.... yes, he's much more prolific. How long does this whole "We're searching for a singer" shit hold water? I think VR had one purpose: Beating Rose to the punch. And if that's the case... He clearly has no problem doing his thing as a "solo artist"... Why not just break up VR? like... officially. Let it go. It was cool. It's run it's course... But he's not sure... indecision.. inactivity. Letting that band rot in limbo. Hence the comparison.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't know...maybe he enjoys playing with Matt and Duff?

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Yeah.. cuz he's done a lot of THAT lately... hmm

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:

Yeah.. cuz he's done a lot of THAT lately... hmm

They played together this week again and they seemed to enjoy themselves.

@ monkey:
I agree that Slash often handles personal conflicts badly (I'd add his divorce and nearly-divorce situation to the list), but your list contains more than 20 years... I don't know about you, but in the last decade it's my 5th job, and usually I try to avoid conflicts, but in the media it often comes to a point where enough is enough. Imagine the music business...

Board footer