You are not logged in. Please register or login.

thegreg1
 Rep: 2 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

thegreg1 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow. Just wow. I can't get over how weird that was.

I stepped out during PC. Did Axl say anything after the song was over?

My youtube feed just showed a shot of Rio afterward.  There was some guy talking in the background.   After that the feed stopped.

Oh ok, I wasn't sure who was talking.

No one was talking. It was the Sinatra song that plays over the PA at the end of their shows which I'm too tired to remember the title of right now

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah, I think it was after Patience.  Then he shrugged and said something like "are we doing this'?.  He clearly checked out at some point after Estranged or Better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I really don't kwno hwo you recover from this. You've got diehard fans onbline question now whether they even want to get tickets to the upcoming tour. No new songs means this upcoming tour seems incredibly pointless now. The average Joe who saw that tonight won't aknowledge how good the band memebsr are they just want Slash back more than ever.

Axlin I think you might be right. That coudl've very well been the begining of the slow death of Axl's Gn'R

I don't know but I don't know how you recover from that other than to release an album and have an insanely kickass lead single.

johndivney wrote:

"the death of axl's GnR"
"wow what a disaster"
"a huge trainwreck"
"i don't know how you recover from this"

again, i didn't see the stream - only Estranged. but fuck me, there have been at least a dozen GnR concerts that have ended (& performed) more miserably this this RiR

what EXACTLY went wrong that has you people poo-pooing the gig so much? just Axl's poor performance & behaviour? i'd say that that's all typical enough, especially the first show of the year..

it seems like a typical overreaction from disappointed diehards.
things'll probably trundle on @ the same pace they have been for the past 15 yrs. even if the US tour does eventually get canned, unless Azoff does sweep the legal rug from under Axl's feet there's no way a rainy evening in Rio is going to finish the band.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

What a strange, strange show.

WHY?! what was so strange about it??

It's hard to describe.  Some parts were great, some were pretty poor.  It started out rough, picked up a bit and was quite solid for a bit, then went downhill again.  Axl was by far the weakest link IMO.  He was missing lyrics time and again, which was weird.  I mean, I know he can be inconsistent live, but to forget the words as much as he did was just stranged.  There were a number of points where it looked like he was pissed and wanted to storm off the stage, but he stayed till the end.  Although I think they planned on playing a bit longer.  "Patience" was the last straw, whatever the hell happened.  I'm guessing Axl had some sort of problem with whatever he was or wasn't hearing. 

It was damn near a disaster of a performance to be honest, aside from "Estranged" and a few other highlights.  Like others have said, I hope this doesn't derail any future dates.  Hopefully it was just a bad night.

I don't know what to tell my friends though.  I've got a group of 9 people going to the Hartford show and after tonight, I'm not convinced there will be a Hartford show.  Again, hopefully they regroup.  But I didn't think I'd feel like THIS right now.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Patience is up now:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadcastC3#p/u/0/7b7NadbByws[/youtube]

Patience starts at about 8:40 and he really fucks the lyrics from around 11:35.

Also it looks like Jarmo in the background at 11:30

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadca … b7NadbByws

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bono wrote:

I don't know but I don't know how you recover from that other than to release an album and have an insanely kickass lead single.

Well that aint coming anytime soon.  So he'll either have to improve his performance or reunite or do nothing.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Bono wrote:

I really don't kwno hwo you recover from this. You've got diehard fans onbline question now whether they even want to get tickets to the upcoming tour. No new songs means this upcoming tour seems incredibly pointless now. The average Joe who saw that tonight won't aknowledge how good the band memebsr are they just want Slash back more than ever.

Axlin I think you might be right. That coudl've very well been the begining of the slow death of Axl's Gn'R

To be fair, I do believe the setlist was cut in a big way tonight due to SOAD going over their time limit, and the heavy rain. We saw the official setlist and there were some unknown songs on there (as well as Estranged, which was played tonight).

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I'm not saying this to be a dick but at no fault fo the guys in the band whatsoever the reunion crys will be louder now than ever.  Throwing in Estranged was nice but the glaring thing is no new songs or even A song. This thing isn't going anywhere.  People are tired of this.

If he's going to perform that poorly while fucking up the lyrics, I'd rather he just retire than do a reunion where he further embarrasses himself. Only way it would work is if he agrees to do plenty of rehearsals before performing in front of an audience.

Everybody has a bad night, and I can understand that. To me this was more than that. He clearly didn't adhere to the basics and it showed. There is no excuse for this, it appears he took it for granted.

Board footer