You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I really don't kwno hwo you recover from this. You've got diehard fans onbline question now whether they even want to get tickets to the upcoming tour. No new songs means this upcoming tour seems incredibly pointless now. The average Joe who saw that tonight won't aknowledge how good the band memebsr are they just want Slash back more than ever.

Axlin I think you might be right. That coudl've very well been the begining of the slow death of Axl's Gn'R

I don't know but I don't know how you recover from that other than to release an album and have an insanely kickass lead single.

You stop touring. Quit playing old GN'R songs. Become a studio musician. It'd be nice if he retires the GN'R name too.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Bono wrote:

I really don't kwno hwo you recover from this. You've got diehard fans onbline question now whether they even want to get tickets to the upcoming tour. No new songs means this upcoming tour seems incredibly pointless now. The average Joe who saw that tonight won't aknowledge how good the band memebsr are they just want Slash back more than ever.

Axlin I think you might be right. That coudl've very well been the begining of the slow death of Axl's Gn'R

I don't know but I don't know how you recover from that other than to release an album and have an insanely kickass lead single.

You had a few bono 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I love Ron, and he does stay true to MANY of Slash's solos, but fuck, he shreds too much where shred is not needed. Some shred is badass, but he needs to pick his spots better. But of all the guys, the practices the most for this. 

DJ was hit or miss, but he did good on Estranged.

Frank, meh.

Dizzy was decent.

Too many pointless jams.  To much bullshitting around on stage with cover tunes.

KOHD was about 45 minutes too long.

The guitar players tones are often total shit, except for on estranged, they usually had WAY too much gain (key for playing super fast and covers up some slop).

Axl was a total debacle.  Its like watching an NFL team that has 500 yards off offense with 8 turnovers and can't get it in the endzone.  They did score a nice TD with Estranged, a few field goals with SOD, TIL and SCOM... 

The HOF, pray Axl doesn't show up, he would likely ruin the brand.. If he sucked in this audience, why would he take pride in the hof?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I came in mid-KOHD.

Practically the first thing I heard from Ax was the Elmer Fudd impersonation.

I was like, wow.... This band is sweet.

It started unraveling from there, unfortunately.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Yeah this band seems to be regressing... even the band were way off tonight besides Ron

Bull shit

Ron fuckin destroyed Jungle tonight. First fuck up i've ever seen him do. He just quit the solo.

As someone said before, he was fucking around with the storm trooper mask and it fell into his face.  Screwed him up, so he stopped playing.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"the death of axl's GnR"
"wow what a disaster"
"a huge trainwreck"

again, i didn't see the stream - only Estranged. but fuck me, there have been at least a dozen GnR concerts that have ended (& performed) more miserably this this RiR

what EXACTLY went wrong that has you people poo-pooing the gig so much? just Axl's poor performance & behaviour? i'd say that that's all typical enough, especially the first show of the year..

The fact Axl seemd bored to death right from the get go almost as though he didn't want to be there is a huge red flag. Rock in Rio means a lot to him he's said so in the past. It's the biggets stage in the world and he comes out liek that. No swagger, no fire, seemingly no confidence. It's almost lie in some way he realized this si't happening. I don't know.  I bash on Axl a lot but even I thought the guy would come out on fire tonight and he literally sucked for 95% of the show and what's worse he was gettig all pissy about it yet he didn't seem to care at all about being there. he went through the motions big time.

johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

It was damn near a disaster of a performance to be honest

fuck, is that all?!
these people are acting like it's the fucking end-game

we've been here before countless times. it's just one bad gig in a litany of bad gigs & missteps.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"the death of axl's GnR"
"wow what a disaster"
"a huge trainwreck"

again, i didn't see the stream - only Estranged. but fuck me, there have been at least a dozen GnR concerts that have ended (& performed) more miserably this this RiR

what EXACTLY went wrong that has you people poo-pooing the gig so much? just Axl's poor performance & behaviour? i'd say that that's all typical enough, especially the first show of the year..

The fact Axl seemd bored to death right from the get go almost as though he didn't want to be there is a huge red flag. Rock in Rio means a lot to him he's said so in the past. It's the biggets stage in the world and he comes out liek that. No swagger, no fire, seemingly no confidence. It's almost lie in some way he realized this si't happening. I don't know.  I bash on Axl a lot but even I thought the guy would come out on fire tonight and he literally sucked for 95% of the show and what's worse he was gettig all pissy about it yet he didn't seem to care at all about being there. he went through the motions big time.

well mate, that's been axl post-93 so i dunno why it's such a surprise tonight

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You stop touring. Quit playing old GN'R songs. Become a studio musician. It'd be nice if he retires the GN'R name too.

I agree. I honestly think its time to retire the name. Axl hibernating as a studio musician though means we'll never hear from him again  16

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"the death of axl's GnR"
"wow what a disaster"
"a huge trainwreck"

Exactly.  I only watched half the show but with the exception of a few songs, he was definitely going through the motions.  The fire wasn't there for whatever reason.

Board footer