You are not logged in. Please register or login.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

That was really painful to watch. Axl was so annoyed and frustrated by the end of it, I'm surprised he finished. I was stoked, and now I just don't know. I mean, I've bled GnR for years. I'd defend Axl til the bitter end. But man, tonight just hurt. I don't know what to think right now. I want to see him play, but I don't want to witness his downfall. I don't want him to become (more of) a joke. I want him to come out and kick ass. He did that with Estranged. And then fell all over the place. I'm hoping it was the weather, the techs, anything. But I just don't know.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Well from what I seen from YCBM onwards, it was terrible. Axl had a few moments where he sounded good (Nightrain) but overall he didnt even seem like Axl Rose - his movements were so pedestrian, he was fucking phoning it in and tbh he looked awful... he doesnt look well at all sad

And his band, well they fucking sucked as well. All these times I've read bad reviews comparing this band to the old band and claiming there is zero chemistry, I've never agreed at all... but tonight?! Zero fucking chemistry, noone looked like they wanted to be there, and noone sounded as if they had even rehearsed whatsoever.

The writing is on the wall...

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I love Ron, and he does stay true to MANY of Slash's solos, but fuck, he shreds too much where shred is not needed. Some shred is badass, but he needs to pick his spots better. But of all the guys, the practices the most for this. 

DJ was hit or miss, but he did good on Estranged.

Frank, meh.

Dizzy was decent.

Too many pointless jams.  To much bullshitting around on stage with cover tunes.

KOHD was about 45 minutes too long.

The guitar players tones are often total shit, except for on estranged, they usually had WAY too much gain (key for playing super fast and covers up some slop).

Axl was a total debacle.  Its like watching an NFL team that has 500 yards off offense with 8 turnovers and can't get it in the endzone.  They did score a nice TD with Estranged, a few field goals with SOD, TIL and SCOM...

The HOF, pray Axl doesn't show up, he would likely ruin the brand.. If he sucked in this audience, why would he take pride in the hof?

Pretty much summed it up.

And while Ron nailed the Estranged solos, he sounded like he was playing out of a transistor radio, but maybe that was the bad youtube mix, so I'm willing to cut some slack

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:
faldor wrote:

It was damn near a disaster of a performance to be honest

fuck, is that all?!
these people are acting like it's the fucking end-game

we've been here before countless times. it's just one bad gig in a litany of bad gigs & missteps.

I think you're missing the point dude. This was the biggest stage in the world with a real opportunity to say "here we are WE ARE GUNS N' ROSES" this could've easily been a relaunch into somehting real for this band. This is the most stable the lineup has ever been since the old band broke up but tonight will in all likelyhood just make people want the renuion even more and for the diehards it's making them question what is   even the point of this.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

You stop touring. Quit playing old GN'R songs. Become a studio musician. It'd be nice if he retires the GN'R name too.

I agree. I honestly think its time to retire the name. Axl hibernating as a studio musician though means we'll never hear from him again  16

That wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Yeah the mix was definitely a problem.  Sound was pretty soft for some songs and loud for the others.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"the death of axl's GnR"
"wow what a disaster"
"a huge trainwreck"

again, i didn't see the stream - only Estranged. but fuck me, there have been at least a dozen GnR concerts that have ended (& performed) more miserably this this RiR

what EXACTLY went wrong that has you people poo-pooing the gig so much? just Axl's poor performance & behaviour? i'd say that that's all typical enough, especially the first show of the year..

The fact Axl seemd bored to death right from the get go almost as though he didn't want to be there is a huge red flag. Rock in Rio means a lot to him he's said so in the past. It's the biggets stage in the world and he comes out liek that. No swagger, no fire, seemingly no confidence. It's almost lie in some way he realized this si't happening. I don't know.  I bash on Axl a lot but even I thought the guy would come out on fire tonight and he literally sucked for 95% of the show and what's worse he was gettig all pissy about it yet he didn't seem to care at all about being there. he went through the motions big time.

That's the biggest thing that was missing tonight: Passion.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
gibbo wrote:

You had a few bono 16

14 nah dude I stopped after six. That was like 2 hours ago.  My opinion is sober my typeos may be a little drunk as I don't wanna bother spell checking ina  thread that went from page 19 to page 91 in two hours  14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Remember when scott would get fucked up and forget lyrics... That is what Axl was like tonight, except we didn't have Slash to look at when that happened.. We had to look at DJ with his Monster Energy shirt on, or a Starship trooper, wtf? haha.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

After Patience and before PC it sounds like someone says (presumably to Axl):

"Aww Man I haven't seen you in a little over a year, it sounded pretty fucken good as far as I'm concerned".

http://www.youtube.com/user/LiveBroadca … DBLygh9Fuw

Board footer