You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

first show man....and in the rain...u guys need to chill

Dude, you know I'm usually Captain Positive but I'm telling you I was flat out embarrassed from November Rain on. Was going to have people over for drinking/watching in the middle of the night and SOOOOOO glad I didn't.

Imagine that, trying to speak highly of Axl and his band. Talking about shows like Tokyo 2009 and shit, and then this......thing...comes. It's like a galaxy between the two shows.

Better wasn't as bad I thought..he's in tune for the most part.

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think they made a mistake by not doing a show before this one.

this is the most likely solution to the problem

i would be surprised if things went truly tits-up on the back of this Rio gig/disaster

there have been loads of other 'disastrous' gigs in the life of Axl Rose but he always comes round for more & will find his form eventually
there have been real ruinous disastrous GnR shows before. this just seems like a(nother) bad day at the office

just another missed opportunity

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

first show man....and in the rain...u guys need to chill

Dude, you know I'm usually Captain Positive but I'm telling you I was flat out embarrassed from November Rain on. Was going to have people over for drinking/watching in the middle of the night and SOOOOOO glad I didn't.

Imagine that, trying to speak highly of Axl and his band. Talking about shows like Tokyo 2009 and shit, and then this......thing...comes. It's like a galaxy between the two shows..

this is the way it is with GnR
don't see what there is to be shocked or surprised about, or really even at this stage disappointed

sometimes they're shite
sometimes they're the shit
most nights it's inbetween song-to-song

the alarmist rhetoric emanating from this show i am finding it hard to wrap my head around. from what i can tell we've all been here before @ various stages. the difference now is that we are all here @ the same time thanks to youtube..

DCK

DCK wrote:
johndivney wrote:
DCK wrote:

I think they made a mistake by not doing a show before this one.

this is the most likely solution to the problem

i would be surprised if things went truly tits-up on the back of this Rio gig/disaster

there have been loads of other 'disastrous' gigs in the life of Axl Rose but he always comes round for more & will find his form eventually
there have been real ruinous disastrous GnR shows before. this just seems like a(nother) bad day at the office

just another missed opportunity

Like VMA's..and it didn't stop them from going on. He picks the wrong time to fuck up. Not like RIR3 had such a strong vocal either.

DCK

DCK wrote:

SOD doesn't  belong anymore. Not with Estranged. Throw it away.

The most interesting part though, is that Axl can't handle these songs right now, which means they should re-do the entire fucking set list. Estranged worked for a reason. They need to look at what to throw away and what to bring to suit his voice right now. It's not like 2002. In 2002 he could scream like a banshee. He can't reach that at all now.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Imagine that, trying to speak highly of Axl and his band. Talking about shows like Tokyo 2009 and shit, and then this......thing...comes. It's like a galaxy between the two shows.

I was just in shock sadly. I honestly couldn't believe how bad most of it was and it was happening right in front of me.

some people just build shit up too much...its only a concert ... this show was never going to change the world or make GnR #1 band again or anything...just a festival show....poor weather conditions and first gig of the tour ... maybe i'm just making excuses i dunno i havent watched it tbh cuz it was on at 2 in the damn morning ... but i cant see getting all worked up over one gig it usually takes a few for them to get rolling..and shows are never as good on video as they are in real life expecially crappy internet streaming video

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK

DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
DCK wrote:

I was just in shock sadly. I honestly couldn't believe how bad most of it was and it was happening right in front of me.

some people just build shit up too much...its only a concert ... this show was never going to change the world or make GnR #1 band again or anything...just a festival show....poor weather conditions and first gig of the tour ... maybe i'm just making excuses i dunno i havent watched it tbh but i cant see getting all worked up over one gig it usually takes a few for them to get rolling

Come on. It's Rock in Rio. Nothing is bigger in the world of GNR. It was the birthplace for Illusions and Democracy. It's like the Soccer World Cup for Guns N' Roses and then they bomb out like England always do and we're all just sitting wondering what the fuck went wrong.

Let me list them (in no order);

Massive monsun rain
No new songs
Axl unprepared with his voice
Axl out of tune
Axl forgetting lyrics
Short set list
Live band arguing

Only thing that went well was Estranged.

Board footer