You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

bigbri wrote:

Haha, well, I guess I'm late to the party on this. All I watched was Estranged. Kicked total ass. I haven't been a Ron or DJ cheerleader here, but I gotta give them credit. Played it well and played it true to the original. Can't ask for much more than that--unless you're asking for different people to play it. And guessing as this is 112 pages, I'm sure that's already been asked.

Congrats new GNR. I won't watch the rest. Don't want to ruin the good feeling.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Anybody who knows me knows I've been all about giving Axl and the new band a break for a while... But Holy Shit.... This was the first time since the inception of the "New GN'R" that I actually thought they sounded like a mediocre GNR cover band.

Say what you want about certain members over the last decade, at least the band, as a whole, had the right vibe.... Not last night. It was borderline embarrassing. I watched a number of bands perform over the last couple of weeks at RIR... and as the headliner last night... They dropped the ball. Big time.
They had some high points... But they lows were GLARING. Axl looks broken.I never say this sort of shit, but he was such a god damn mess, particularly during Patience and Nov. Rain... This could be a catalyst for a reunion. I saw this look on his face at one point that REEKED of "Jesus... I wish Duff, Izzy and Slash were here...." I loved that they played Estranged... But even THEN... something didn't feel right. It was soooo wrong. Like when I hear Gus G. wailing on "I Don't Wanna Change The World"...  BBF is a great guitarist... I'll bet he's a super nice guy... But the tone during the guitar melodies in the beginning of Estranged... something about it... ugh. I felt icky.
Fuck the rain. It's ALWAYS gonna be something with Axl. Weather, monitors... Something. Grow the fuck up.

Call me when you put some fucking new music out, Gentlemen...

Sky Dog wrote:

Tyler, Estranged was good and the tone wasn't bad...everything seems better years ago but that isn't the case with that tune last night. They did it justice. End of story. Slash fucked that song up a bunch of times during my 7 UYI shows. They nailed it, and you could tell they cared...probably cared more than Slash did when he did it back in the day.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so when does the show get bad? cuz i'm on RQ and they are ruling

Honestly dude I'm starting to wonder if you even try to be objective anymore these days. Seriously. They are ruling?  To each thier own.

might not be the best show ever but its hardly the end of the world 1/3 of the way in...Axl doing some joking around and shit, even after the TIL flub

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

Estranged was the high point of the show... Don't get me wrong. Although Mr. Rose forgot the "And all my friends said I was high" part at the end. The beginning just felt weird... that's all. 19

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

They nailed it, and you could tell they cared...probably cared more than Slash did when he did it back in the day.

Let's make sure that is kept in context though. They only cared more(argueably) because it wasn't their song to fuck up and they knew what that song means to the hardcore fanbase. they were tackeling a  classic than many feel is Guns n" Roses greatest achievment.  That song was Slash's song to fuck up, it wasn't these guys song to fuck up and had they fucked that song up shit would really have hit the fan.  Thats' why i think they cared so much. the pressure was on big time for that one. But it's not like it ment more to them than Slash as far as anytnig personal goes. At least i wouldn't believe so.

I think their performance of Estranged was flat out awesome.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think this DJ solo is a reprise of ballad of death...i dunno not overly familiar with BoD to be able to tell ...have to go back and revisit one of his 2010 solos....thats a big fucking crowd! holy shit

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

They nailed it, and you could tell they cared...probably cared more than Slash did when he did it back in the day.

Let's make sure that is kept in context though. They only cared more(argueably) because it wasn't their song to fuck up and they knew what that song means to the hardcore fanbase. they were tackeling a  classic than many feel is Guns n" Roses greatest achievment.  That song was Slash's song to fuck up, it wasn't these guys song to fuck up and had they fucked that song up shit would really have hit the fan.  Thats' why i think they cared so much. the pressure was on big time for that one. But it's not like it ment more to them than Slash as far as anytnig personal goes. At least i wouldn't believe so.

I think their performance of Estranged was flat out awesome.

agree, they cared because they knew how much the fans cared...as for Slash caring, not so sure how much he cared at the time because every interview he gives he slags a little on the epics. I have never heard him say anything all that positive about Estranged. He always seems to talk about the difficulties in recording those epic tunes. Show me an interview where he says, "Hey, Axl really wrote some great lyrics and the piano melodies were cool. It really gave me an opportunity to branch out and be all that I can be." If he did an interview like that, I 'd like to see it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i think this DJ solo is a reprise of ballad of death...i dunno not overly familiar with BoD to be able to tell ...have to go back and revisit one of his 2010 solos....thats a big fucking crowd! holy shit

I thought it sounded familiar at first as well but as it went on it sounded less and less liek BOD. I thought the first part was lame but the second part of it was pretty awesome.

People were saying this is the biggest music festival in the world but I'm questioning that. They have one stage and only about 100 000 fans can attend each day. Glastonbury I believe has three stages, the festival runs for three full days not just nights and the crowds are bigger at 150 000 + people.........  Way more bands at Glastonbury as well....  Just curious is all.

Board footer