You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

You know what I'm sick of.... people on this site who think that because some of us discuss this band in a  passionate way albeit not in the way they would like that our personal lives are shitty. To that I say go F yourself.  None of us have any idea what each other's personal lives are actually like and twice now in the last two days I've seen posts by members suggesting other memebers personal lives must be really shitty based on their opinions on Guns N' Roses.

Honestly if you can't handle the difference in opinions stop posting altogether because the moment you start telling others their lives must be pretty crappy based on them posting their opinions that you disagree with  on this band or this concert on this site you've become a major douchebag.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I'm sure the band and singer are working to solve the technical & performance issues. But one of the biggest problems was Axl's conditioning coming into the show. He was fat, slow, out of breath, and out of tune. He should have spent weeks preparing for the physical rigor of this upcoming tour. Instead, he shows up late and bloated.

I don't think these are simple fixes. US critics will crucify him for his appearance; and now because his singing is suffering too, he will be torn apart because of that as well.

Some have suggested that he will work himself in to touring shape. Well, there is a problem with that: word of mouth will work faster than his weight loss. This tour will be hurt by low ticket sales if Axl cannot achieve that level of indvidual success sustained in 06/07. Critics and audiences will not settle for half value at full ticket price.  I don't even think the '10/11 version is good enough to impress audiences in the States.

Did his conditioning seem to be good?  No.  But, I don't see any significant difference in his appearance from the other night to 2010.

He has nearly a month's worth of shows before Orlando.  He'll be much better off by then, both in terms of his physical and vocal conditioning.  If he can sing as well as he did during the Canadian 2010 tour, I think it will be a great tour.

Ali

Seriously you dont see it? I dont want to keep going on about this, its kinda cruel, but folks acting blind to it is getting on my tits.  If you cant see it...*deep breath - then howz about you count his chins compared to 2010, cause theres at least one more than the few that were there at the beginning of the last tour.

Yes, getting off his sofa for a while and performing will shed some pounds.
Yes, his vocals will no doubt improve as the tour rolls on... but fuck me, Axl looks worse than he ever has in his life. He might have been carrying a few extra pounds when he emerged to kick off the first tour in Asia, but he was still in powerfull form and spirits.

This time its different, he's looks ill and his performance was bad (he's my favourite singer of all time, but that wont cloud reality -he stank the fucking place out) and on top of that he had a borderline breakdown on live TV.... but hey

nakedgun.gif

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

@ GN'R Facebook, they posted the DJ Ashba solo ('Guns N' Roses and Monster Energy Music artist DJ Ashba'). So far 1 like and 275 comments...

Was the "like" Ashba? 16

that was freakin funny! 14

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

Its the people who excuse this bullshit and still go out and buy tickets etc that allow it to continue.. people like on various websites who refuse to see/hear what is right in front of them and gloss over stuff as if GNR are some regular random band

For some shit band... any performance is acceptable... not for GNR.

I'll be the first to praise this band and give them credit.. but I am not gonna ignore the obvious for fear of what others will think. I don't give a shit if anybody in the band/management what have you read my posts. Enablers may be the biggest problem in the GNR universe. I do this with any band I love. So it isn't just piling on GNR or being an Old band fan blah blah etc

People have every right to go out and buy tickets to see a show regardless of how one show turns out.  What a ridiculous thing to suggest otherwise! roll

It's personal preference, and because others react differently than you do that doesn't make you right and them wrong.  Get off your high horse.

Ali

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Ali

Ali wrote:
Olorin wrote:
Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

I'm sure the band and singer are working to solve the technical & performance issues. But one of the biggest problems was Axl's conditioning coming into the show. He was fat, slow, out of breath, and out of tune. He should have spent weeks preparing for the physical rigor of this upcoming tour. Instead, he shows up late and bloated.

I don't think these are simple fixes. US critics will crucify him for his appearance; and now because his singing is suffering too, he will be torn apart because of that as well.

Some have suggested that he will work himself in to touring shape. Well, there is a problem with that: word of mouth will work faster than his weight loss. This tour will be hurt by low ticket sales if Axl cannot achieve that level of indvidual success sustained in 06/07. Critics and audiences will not settle for half value at full ticket price.  I don't even think the '10/11 version is good enough to impress audiences in the States.

Did his conditioning seem to be good?  No.  But, I don't see any significant difference in his appearance from the other night to 2010.

He has nearly a month's worth of shows before Orlando.  He'll be much better off by then, both in terms of his physical and vocal conditioning.  If he can sing as well as he did during the Canadian 2010 tour, I think it will be a great tour.

Ali

Seriously you dont see it? I dont want to keep going on about this, its kinda cruel, but folks acting blind to it is getting on my tits.  If you cant see it...*deep breath - then howz about you count his chins compared to 2010, cause theres at least one more than the few that were there at the beginning of the last tour.

Yes, getting off his sofa for a while and performing will shed some pounds.
Yes, his vocals will no doubt improve as the tour rolls on... but fuck me, Axl looks worse than he ever has in his life. He might have been carrying a few extra pounds when he emerged to kick off the first tour in Asia, but he was still in powerfull form and spirits.

This time its different, he's looks ill and his performance was bad (he's my favourite singer of all time, but that wont cloud reality -he stank the fucking place out) and on top of that he had a borderline breakdown on live TV.... but hey

http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/nakedgun.gif

Look at this picture posted on MyGNR.  Honestly I do not see a noticeable difference between now and 2010.  Maybe your impression of his overall performance is coloring your view of his appearance?  Not saying that's wrong in any way, but it would be understandable.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?sho … &p=2925188

Ali

Ali

Ali wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Oh I'm happy with my Chicago tickets and I'll be happy with my Detroit ones. My initial concern was that the tour happen at all based on Axl's whole attitude at RiR

Understood, but to suggest there is something wrong with buying tickets despite what, as of now, stands as a single bad show, is absurd to me.

Ali

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

People are enablers, but there's too many of them to stop at this point. No point in trying to convince an enabler that they are an enabler either. If that represents something they feel is worth paying for, then let them pay. Logic won't change it.

Board footer