You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:
Olorin wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not naive enough to think that anything I do or don't do will have any impact or sway in making Axl do anything.

I agree about HTGTH.  The people left who post the Axlite posts is specifically because they think Axl reads that board.  And licking jarmo's ass might be their "in" to Axl.  Lame.

The funny thing is jarmo still gets these perks, but he has absolutely ZERO credibility, respect or sway among the GN'R fan community. It doesn't matter what he posts or deletes. People don't take that board serious anymore.

He makes my skin crawl, he'd throw his granny in front of a bus if it meant there was the chance to suckle on the teet of one of Axl's cronies.
The warped logic and psychotic elimination of opposing views over there is sickening.
Mabye thats an insight into the world of Axl, that kind of crazy fanatisism and distortion of reality cant just spring out of nowhere, cause it was an relatively open board of discussion beforehand, that methodology must have been drilled into jarmo from somewhere.

^^

I think jarmo is operating with some obsessive fanboy's reaction to Axl. I really think he's operating and acting on his own accord but does take direction on deleting certain topics and shit. But you make a good point about it possibly being a glimpse into Axl's world. Scary stuff.

Monkey, I'm very interested in tomorrows show because of everything you just mentioned.  I looked over at HTGTH and there's some "between the lines" code in some of the regular members posts that basically say it was a bad night and they're concerned.

But, if you agree that Jarmo's acting on his own accord, how do you figure it's a glimpse into Axl?  Maybe his world, as in his handlers, but not necessarily him directly.  Especially if Jarmo's acting on his own.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I just mean jarmo could be acting to what he's witnessed. He's been to Axl's house and hung out with Beta, Fernando, Del and Beta's daughter. Maybe he's going along with what he's seen and observed with how people act around Axl. It would take an obsessive, fanboy douchebag to totally change your mentality like that.

Ali

Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just mean jarmo could be acting to what he's witnessed. He's been to Axl's house and hung out with Beta, Fernando, Del and Beta's daughter. Maybe he's going along with what he's seen and observed. It would take an obsessive, fanboy douchebag to totally change your mentality like that.

I see what you're saying, but honestly, I'd say how someone runs their messageboard, more than anything, is indicative of some aspect of their personality.

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just mean jarmo could be acting to what he's witnessed. He's been to Axl's house and hung out with Beta, Fernando, Del and Beta's daughter. Maybe he's going along with what he's seen and observed. It would take an obsessive, fanboy douchebag to totally change your mentality like that.

I see what you're saying, but honestly, I'd say how someone runs their messageboard, more than anything, is indicative of some aspect of their personality.

Ali

Good point.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye theres like an exam you have to take to get in the club?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Sorry was fucking horrible. The worst live performance of that song ever.

You've got to be suffering from hearing loss.

Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so when does the show get bad? cuz i'm on RQ and they are ruling

Once again, you've gotta be deaf. Easy, LALD, TIL, SOD & Estranged were decent for "2002 standards".

The rest was the worst, WORST i've ever heard Axl. And i've listened to over a 100 boots over and over dating back to 1986, every era, seen them live in 2006...

gone back and listened to sorry and RQ again...and i stand by my initial post

i may very well be deaf 16 ...or maybe i just hear it different than you...maybe i'm listenign to diferent things...lets break it down here...the band is pretty much exquisite throughout...some flubs and missed cues but over all they were all pretty solid...almost like listeing to the album cuts...in particular on this vid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/leoruch#p/u/11/vZZTUWz1a04[/youtube]

from 4:45 til the end of the song...axl sounds pretty damn sweet to me

tbh these days i tend to just have vocals kinda fade in and out of the background for me, these days i hear the guitars and bass over everythign else....hard to explain it but its jsut what my hearing tunes into, i really have to concentrate to listen and pay attention to the vocals...anyway i digress...that example of RQ is the band kicking ass as a whole...and there are lots of little snippets like that where it all comes together...then there are parts where it falls apart, but i think there is significantly more little highlights like that than little fuckups

i dont even understand how i could even be an "enabler" i never said it was the best show they ever did or that axl was perfet or anythign...band was pretty good though throughout and axl had to fight through the show all night...sometimes things panned out and other tiems not so well...was still a good show, not perfect, not great, not terrible and definately not the worst...but hey i am not a fine conneseur of live boots like you so what do i know, usually for me its the album cuts or being at a show (mostly album cuts 16)

i'm not about to sit here and be an armchair psychologist of someoens well being...i dont know the man, i dont know how his day went before the show, i dont know all the stuff that happened during the show, i dont know what happened since the last show in 2010....all i know is what i saw the other day when i watched the vids....looked to me like he was pissed at himself for his mistakes...i dunno about suicidal thoughts and druginduced depressions whaever else you guys saw, i know that at the start of the show...prolly first half or so that he seemed to be in great spirits, moving around, feeling the tunes, joking with the band and the crowd, then later as little mistakes started happening i know that he would be downtrodden at the beginnign of songs then his spirits would pick up again as the song wore on and ended

anyway i'll jsut stop talking about it and let you guys tell it like it is...unless you provke me then i may have to respond again

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ali

Funny how a personality and how you run your messageboard can drastically change once you start getting perks from the band.... just saying.

Ali

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ali

Funny how a personality and how you run your messageboard can drastically change once you start getting perks from the band.... just saying.

There is a difference between correlation and a definitive causation.

We'll never know for sure.

Ali

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i'm not about to sit here and be an armchair psychologist of someoens well being...i dont know the man, i dont know how his day went before the show, i dont know all the stuff that happened during the show, i dont know what happened since the last show in 2010....all i know is what i saw the other day when i watched the vids....looked to me like he was pissed at himself for his mistakes...i dunno about suicidal thoughts and druginduced depressions whaever else you guys saw, i know that at the start of the show...prolly first half or so that he seemed to be in great spirits, moving around, feeling the tunes, joking with the band and the crowd, then later as little mistakes started happening i know that he would be downtrodden at the beginnign of songs then his spirits would pick up again as the song wore on and ended

I agree with this. I tossed out the idea that perhgaps he was high on something that cause all the lyric flubs but I'm not about to judge his personal life in this regard. I don't think there's near enough evidence for any of us to draw the conclusion that he's got something serious going on  with his health or in his personal.  Did he look upset at points? yes he did but I'm more of the opinion that's jst Axl being Axl. Basically throwing a  temper tantrum and pouting. It may be something else but I'll go with that way before I start assuming he's having personal or health issues.  Maybe he looked emotional udrring November rain because that's a personal song to him. Maybe in that moment he got choked up for whatever reason. Maybe he was feeling nostalgic?

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Axl's 2002 voice always sounds good on certain parts.. End of Rocket Queen is very high and clean so his voice works on that just as SOD always sounded better with no rasp etc

Listen to YCBM and tell me that sounds remotely good

Board footer