You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Olorin wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

I see what you're saying, but honestly, I'd say how someone runs their messageboard, more than anything, is indicative of some aspect of their personality.

Ali

Funny how a personality and how you run your messageboard can drastically change once you start getting perks from the band.... just saying.

There is a difference between correlation and a definitive causation.

We'll never know for sure.

Ali

Lets not talk about anymore, he's a douche, end of.

Its good to see some life back in the GN'R section, a thread hasnt made it this big since MSL was last trying to sell his wares. At least this ones actually about GN'R 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Olorin wrote:

See at the beginning of November Rain, at 1.15ish - he looks like he's crying or trying to fight off tears anyway...

He kinda looks like he's trying to hold it together a lot of times and looks so uncomfortable, mabye thats why he just gave up at the end hmm

Never noticed that during the performance.

That ain't rain in his eyes. He's about to cry. I have never seen him that emotional EVER.

Something is going on in his life privately. Or he's after a bad reaction to a new anti-depressant.

He's obviously very upset.

Maybe he's thinking "nothing ever goes fucking right for me. Ever."

And he'd be right.

well arent we full of fucking cheer...i dont see no tears or inner anguish or anything like that....maybe my full-on man crush with axl isnt complete....i must not connect with him on such an emotional level as u guys....now i'm gonna cry 15 looks like his wet hair dripped in his eyes and hese blinking it out and looking at the teleprompter 18 but its nice that you guys are so concerned about his mental well being 22

he fucks up first at about 4:50ish then makes a goofy "well i fucked that up" face to the sidelines (to beta?) then messes up the next stanza then richard and DJ are looking cuz they get a bit lost without vocal cues then ron tries to pump him up before the big finale solo and Axl just goes "no fucking way" and they instrumental to the end..pretty simple...hell he even throws in "the cold brazillian rain" maybe thats even what fucked him up lyrically later on

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl's 2002 voice always sounds good on certain parts.. End of Rocket Queen is very high and clean so his voice works on that just as SOD always sounded better with no rasp etc

Listen to YCBM and tell me that sounds remotely good

nope i agree he had to fight through that whole song...but he was a trooper and kept giving it his all...then the face he gives at the end is priceless, like "fuck me and fuck that song" 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:

It is a faulty premise and it is not based on common sense.  Sorry, but if someone doesn't look at the Rio show and assume it will be representative of the rest of the tour, it only means that they aren't jumping to the same conclusion others are.  I don't HAVE TO sit here and say because of one bad show I won't go to a US show.  That's because I won't jump to conclusions based off one data point as opposed to a larger sample size.  That's personal choice and completely valid.

If I buy tickets to see the Golden State Warriors simply because I like the idea of seeing NBA basketball live and find it entertaining, even though the team isn't very competitive, that's completely valid and doesn't make me an enabler.  It just makes me someone that enjoys NBA games as a means of having a good night out.

You don't see it apparently, but the fundamental problem with this "enabler" concept is that the opinion that things are bad, wrong or completely unacceptable is the correct and only opinion.  That just isn't the case, or it wouldn't be a matter of opinion.

Ali

no Bono was dead on.

If u continuously buy Golden St warrior season tickets and they go 20-62 every season.. consistently let their best players go to other teams and seem to have no desire to spend money or win, yes u are enabling the franchise by keeping them in business and giving them bigger profits without them having to put that money back into the team.

If u go as a one off to see what its all about.. u would be a casual fan and that isn't what we are talking about here.

of course GNR aren't the only band this pertains to. Hell Bon Jovi haven't tried to write a decent album in about 12 years.. but cause we keep buying all the shit ones.. they have no reason to change. If they make a shit album and we don't buy it.. maybe they will see that they gotta put a little more effort into it.

No, still not dead on.  You're not seeing/reading/getting the whole gist of what I said.  You completely missed/misunderstood/ignored the part about choosing to not jump to conclusions based on one show and the part about not agreeing that things are "bad" with GN'R.  Sports franchises are different because there are objective criteria for the success of a sports franchise.  The quality of music and/or live performances by an artist are entirely subjective.  That is the thing, one of them at least, that you and Bono just are not getting.  I don't HAVE TO agree with your opinion of the state of GN'R.  You aren't right and I am not wrong.

Ali

True about the music not being as easy to quantify as sports. thats a good point but Im not saying you are wrong per se.. but Axl has shown a pattern of this.. isn't like this was a once in a blue moon thing. I'm saying, Axl goes on 2 hours late.. doesn't stay in shape, doesn't remember his lyrics, doesn't release albums etc etc cause he doesn't have to.. cause as soon as he shows up or does this or that all is forgiven and we continue the beaten wife syndrome pattern *another thread i started damn near half a decade ago*  and feel honored we were graced with his presence at all.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

On a side note.. round of applause to everybody in this thread. This has to be one of the greatest debates/threads I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Great to have a forum with members where something like this is possible!!

If u guys ever did a HOF archive for great threads.. this def would be in there.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:
Ali wrote:
-D- wrote:

no Bono was dead on.

If u continuously buy Golden St warrior season tickets and they go 20-62 every season.. consistently let their best players go to other teams and seem to have no desire to spend money or win, yes u are enabling the franchise by keeping them in business and giving them bigger profits without them having to put that money back into the team.

If u go as a one off to see what its all about.. u would be a casual fan and that isn't what we are talking about here.

of course GNR aren't the only band this pertains to. Hell Bon Jovi haven't tried to write a decent album in about 12 years.. but cause we keep buying all the shit ones.. they have no reason to change. If they make a shit album and we don't buy it.. maybe they will see that they gotta put a little more effort into it.

No, still not dead on.  You're not seeing/reading/getting the whole gist of what I said.  You completely missed/misunderstood/ignored the part about choosing to not jump to conclusions based on one show and the part about not agreeing that things are "bad" with GN'R.  Sports franchises are different because there are objective criteria for the success of a sports franchise.  The quality of music and/or live performances by an artist are entirely subjective.  That is the thing, one of them at least, that you and Bono just are not getting.  I don't HAVE TO agree with your opinion of the state of GN'R.  You aren't right and I am not wrong.

Ali

True about the music not being as easy to quantify as sports. thats a good point but Im not saying you are wrong per se.. but Axl has shown a pattern of this.. isn't like this was a once in a blue moon thing. I'm saying, Axl goes on 2 hours late.. doesn't stay in shape, doesn't remember his lyrics, doesn't release albums etc etc cause he doesn't have to.. cause as soon as he shows up or does this or that all is forgiven and we continue the beaten wife syndrome pattern *another thread i started damn near half a decade ago*  and feel honored we were graced with his presence at all.

I honestly don't care about Axl's physical conditioning beyond any impact it may have on his performance.  I just don't care about that.  The forgetting his lyrics thing...I think that's an overreaction to one blatant example that is the exception not the rule.  The going on late thing is something I don't think is ideal, but to me is not a dealbreaker considering I go to shows once every few years.  I think the quality of the shows by and large make up for the late starts.  That's my opinion.  As far as not releasing the album, to say the fans acted as enablers in the most recent example of that is not accurate.  If anything the enablers were the record label funding the album for so much and so long.

I actually think that since the label cut him off financially, not going to shows would actually have an adverse affect on releasing new music because profits from the tour could and would be used to complete a new record (see Merck's 2006 open letter as confirmation of this being the case back then).

Ali

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Neemo wrote:

looks like his wet hair dripped in his eyes and hese blinking it out and looking at the teleprompter 18 but its nice that you guys are so concerned about his mental well being 22

he fucks up first at about 4:50ish then makes a goofy "well i fucked that up" face to the sidelines (to beta?) then messes up the next stanza then richard and DJ are looking cuz they get a bit lost without vocal cues then ron tries to pump him up before the big finale solo and Axl just goes "no fucking way" and they instrumental to the end..pretty simple...hell he even throws in "the cold brazillian rain" maybe thats even what fucked him up lyrically later on

That's exactly what I said. Rain was getting in his eyes and then he was looking but couldn't read the monitors. Then he starts mumbling the same line over and over and then drops out of the song completely.

There's a reason those monitors are there and it's obvious he's always had a tough time remembering lyrics. If they went out or were obscured, that could have really thrown him off and pissed him off.

Russ called it, after NR there was a weird vibe for the rest of the show.

From the end of Patience to PC he was not into the show at all. I think the look on his face really concerned a lot of fans. But I do think he finished PC strong.

From the start of the show he really seemed to be in good spirits to me. Even laughed off some of the screw ups.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Bono wrote:

You know what I'm sick of.... people on this site who think that because some of us discuss this band in a  passionate way albeit not in the way they would like that our personal lives are shitty. To that I say go F yourself.  None of us have any idea what each other's personal lives are actually like and twice now in the last two days I've seen posts by members suggesting other memebers personal lives must be really shitty based on their opinions on Guns N' Roses.

Honestly if you can't handle the difference in opinions stop posting altogether because the moment you start telling others their lives must be pretty crappy based on them posting their opinions that you disagree with  on this band or this concert on this site you've become a major douchebag.

Unlike others (ahem) who claim that those with different opinions must be complaining simply for "Shock value", right? Or is it different when you make a sweeping generalization of somebody who has an opinion that differs from yours?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

That's just it though.  It's fairly apparent even to the biggest fanboy that he's out of shape and his performance wasn't so good.  I'd have a hard time calling the two unrelated.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

there are singers that are (or were) alot more overweight than axl is look at pavaratti...he was a big dude but could sing like a motherfucker....its prolly partially to blame but i would lean more to suggesting that he was under prepared...but i dont know obviously, but if i had to guess that would be my guess

Board footer