You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I just watched the tv rip version of the show i must admit its a lot better then the you tube stream

In what way was it better?

I also saw the TV-rip.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are most upset about the performance, what version did you watch? TV-rip, youtube or both?

johndivney wrote:
christina_rose wrote:

I really don't understand what his weight has to do with anything, and it makes me really sad that even the 'media' has decided to focus on his looks. Who the hell cares? Yeah, when I saw the first couple of pictures of him I was like um, but it's still Axl Rose. Or at least something resembling Axl. I think he's lost ad doesn't know how to find his way back. There is still a good man under that shell someplace. And while I don't want to see him half ass or screw up any more than the next person, I am just thankful to still have him here and be able to see him sing. Even my husband doesn't get it, bit that's okay by me. When I hear there is a tour going on, I know I have to go, because there's no promise there will be another. I am sad that Axl wasted so many years doing a lot of nothing. He is very talented and is a great singer and showman. It sucks that we only have a handful of what I feel he is capable of producing. As far as Rio goes, it really hurt to watch it. He started the night off not so good, then kicked all sorts of ass, and by the end it was like he had enough. But he still pulled off PC and finished, and I give him credit for that. I'm not about to try and figure out what was going on with him. I hope it was just something like he had a bad day, or maybe he wasnt happy with what was going on. I really hope he is okay. I am still excited about the US tour, and I am also cautious because I know he's got more shows to get through before he gets here. I hope he shows us that he still can in fact kick ass.

For the record, I do have an Axl poster from lord knows how long ago. I'd say 12 years or more. And I'd plaster a poster of him from Rio on my wall too if I got my hands on one.

because he looked like a rock icon once

now he looks out of shape & overweight
it's not a good image for a rock frontman
never mind one who has left an ever lasting impression for his bandana's & hot pants, meaning he'll forever be scrutinized
i'm sure you didn't complain whenever the press compliment him on his fashion.. whenever they do..

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Naltav wrote:
gibbo wrote:

I just watched the tv rip version of the show i must admit its a lot better then the you tube stream

In what way was it better?

I also saw the TV-rip.

Out of curiosity, those of you who are most upset about the performance, what version did you watch? TV-rip, youtube or both?

Just the picture quaity and sound mate

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I watched the stream first, then the HD. It didn't make it any better.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He looked out of shape. No two ways about it. During NR you could really tell, no matter how much clothing he was wearing.  He wasn't looking in the best shape last year, either. Even though I was chided for it. He looked bloated, especially in his chest and face. And I don't think it's a coinceidence that people are talking about how much he's partying again. And yeah, I think it's having an effect on his voice and stamina.

I've seen guys sing the way Axl does and can only make it through one song before they're entirely spent. So, I do understand how much it does take to sing the way Axl does. But he had a LONG time to get ready for this. And like I said before, when he had a proper manager, like Doug or Merck, that Rio performance would not have happened the way it did. He would have been prepared.

I blame that evil fucking trucker mustache. It's got to go.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

The mustache keeps the eyes of some of the fat. It stays on.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Stop hiding behind the stache, Axl!!

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh gee look at that. Seems like some mainstreme media to me. Can't believe anyone even suggested the media wasn't gonna pick up on that disater(argueably). I wish they'd focus more on the show(good or bad) rather than his weight.  But I guess that's how it will go

"Fat Axl sounds like Shit" 

That sucks but that's what articles and reviews are gonna be saying.

Please.  I clearly stated that mainstream press in the US hasn't been covering the RIR festival and therefore it wouldn't affect the US tour ticket sales.  That is an Aussie version of MTV.  I highly doubt that will affect US tour ticket sales.

Ali

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

Haven't seen any coverage in the mainstream media here in Norway either. Might have missed it, but I've checked. Nada!

So this argument that "the world was watching" doesen't hold much water...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Havnt seen much coverage of the festival in general in the UK press, but coverage of Axl's appearence at said festival is making the news here... it aint pretty so I'm not going to bother posting it, we've covered it in depth here already wink

Board footer