You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Guns N' Roses Live From Rock In Rio

Intercourse wrote:

that is fucking GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That RIR statement ties in nicely with their recent FB post.

Seriously, Axl.

Give it a fuckin' rest. You blew it and apparently, alienated your long-time supporter, Roberto Medina.

You'll never play in RIR again, you know.

Sky Dog wrote:

Honestly, Axl and festivals aren't a good match anymore. They are huge paydays, but the negative press that comes out of most of their appearances just can't be worth it. They just need to do their own individual shows without opening acts as well. Axl and opening acts don't get along  either. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I've seen a few people suggesting that SOAD played a longer set than scheduled cause they were asked to keep playing as Axl wasnt even there yet, purely speculation, but I find that quite likely.

If it did happen it will no doubt come out in an interview somewhere down the line.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

GUNS N' ROSES: We Would Never Seek To Intentionally Disrespect Anyone, Especially Our Fans - Oct. 11, 2011 

The publicist for GUNS N' ROSES has released the following official statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET regarding the reports that the band was two hours late in taking the stage at this year's Rock In Rio festival on October 2 in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil:

"GUNS N' ROSES would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival's inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that SYSTEM OF A DOWN did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. SYSTEM's extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN'R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl [Rose, GUNS N' ROSES lead singer] got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN'R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN'R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans."

GUNS N' ROSES' official statement comes a day after Rock In Rio festival organizer Roberto Medina told Globo.com's Extra that Axl Rose's behavior at this year's event exhibited a "lack of commitment" and "respect for the public."

GUNS N' ROSES' 2001 show at Rock In Rio also saw the band take to the stage two hours late, and while the crowd waited patiently for them on that occasion, this has not been the case at other shows.

In 2010, organizers of the Reading festival in England pulled the plug on GUNS N' ROSES' PA, silencing them after they took to the stage an hour late and tried to overrun the event's curfew time by over half an hour.

GUNS N' ROSES' was reportedly fined $108,000 (£72,000) by officials at London's O2 Arena in October 2010 after Rose's late stage appearance meant he and his bandmates went over the venue's strict 11 p.m. curfew. The fans were so upset about GUNS N' ROSES' tardiness at the first of the two London shows that they were throwing things at Axl Rose. He told the audience not to be doing that because they could miss him and hit someone at the front of the stage by accident. They wouldn't want that to happen, he added. The concert organizers allowed them to play for the extra hour over curfew for two gigs.

At GUNS N' ROSES' lone U.S. concert appearance in 2010 in Sturgis, South Dakota, the crowd — composed largely of bikers — was forced to wait the usual two hours before Rose arrived. Rather than rioting, however, those in attendance either littered the stage with debris or simply left.

In 2002 fans in Vancouver, Canada and Philadelphia in the U.S. rioted when shows were canceled on the day.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=164490

johndivney wrote:

well i'm glad they admit they do disrespect their fans

it's a very, very, very small step in the right direction

but i doubt anything more will come of it. small step forward two steps back tends to be the way.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

I dont really know what to make of it, but the first thing that pops into my head is how GNR like to selectively pick and choose what their philosphy and attitude is towards the fans, and more often than not they'll tell us one thing and show us another.

I can quite believe that the band dont intend to disrespect anyone, those guys are consummate professionals. Its one man who causes all these problems, the guy who is still back in his hotel at showtime getting a massage and having his $5000 shoes buffed by one of his servents before he even thinks about boarding his private chopper to the show.

And we get told to like it or lump it cause its fuckin rock n roll man...

Well, despite GNRs or one of their lackeys constent attempts to label themselves and what they're all about , I'm quite capable of seeing it for exactly what it is and I know I'm not the only one.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

If those setlists were legit, SOAD did play way too long but cause they had songs to play. I can't really blame Axl for this one to be honest.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

The problems not Rio, its the decades of shit after shit.

http://loudwire.com/guns-n-roses-blame- … e-rio-gig/

Earlier this week we reported on Guns N’ Roses taking to their Facebook page to defend their two hour late start at the recent Rock In Rio Festival on Oct. 2. Their response was generally dismissive and projected a bit of a “too bad, so sad” sentiment without much regret.
Festival organizers didn’t seem too keen on the lackluster response calling out Axl Rose and his ‘lack of commitment and ‘respect for the public’ in a recent interview with Globo.com.

Now, in the wake of all of the controversy, Guns N’ Roses’ publicity camp has released an official statement regarding the late start pointing the blame in a myriad of directions including Mother Nature, System of a Down’s stage setup and ‘inadequate production’:

“Guns N’ Roses would like to set the record straight on Rock In Rio. The festival’s inadequate production and the downpour of rain delayed the event. Anyone who was there knows that System of a Down did not leave the stage until close to 1:15 in the morning. System’s extensive stage production did not finish coming offstage until 1:45 a.m. GN’R's production was up and ready to go at 2:15 a.m. Axl got to the venue before 1 a.m. and he came ready to go onstage. The inadequate cover of the Rock In Rio stage caused a further delay when the soundboard went down due to water damage and was replaced as quick as possible. GN’R walked onstage at 2:40 a.m. and played for two-and-a-half hours in the pouring rain. GN’R would never seek to intentionally disrespect anyone, especially their fans.”

If this were a one time occurrence, fans might be a little more understanding but Axl Rose has made a business out of being late and running the show on his time without much regard for anyone else, and judging from the band’s Facebook response, that doesn’t seem to be changing any time soon. So for those of you heading out to one of the upcoming Guns N’ Roses show on their North America run, you might want to take the day after the show off from work. After all, as Rose said, “This is Rock N’ Roll! Treat yourself don’t cheat yourself!”

Board footer