You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Santiago, Chile - October 5, 2011

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

So still -- a mixed bag. But signs of improvement are there. Maybe after a month in SA, Axl will be ready for the U.S. tour.

Thanks for the breakdown.

I would think his voice therefore wears a bit during a show, which hurts particularly the high notes. Whatever one thinks of LALD, the amount of those screams alone always gets to me. It's a bit of a showoff, but you'd think he'd give it a rest if he'd feel his voice couldn't handle it.

A month after the SA tour Guns will be in the East Coast, which is big money district and he needs to show up on time and pack a good punch to ensure his pension fund is well taken care of.

But throw in Catcher, Going Down (be it a Stone Roses cover or not) and Oh My God and a lot of the problems would go away.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, it didn't take long for the "STFU," "loser," "idiot" posts to show it's ugly head.

I'd take Buckethead back in the band over Slash. Any. Day. Of. The. Week. Of course, that's my opinion. And if you disagree, you're wrong. 16

misterID

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

So still -- a mixed bag. But signs of improvement are there. Maybe after a month in SA, Axl will be ready for the U.S. tour.

Thanks for the breakdown.

I would think his voice therefore wears a bit during a show, which hurts particularly the high notes. Whatever one thinks of LALD, the amount of those screams alone always gets to me. It's a bit of a showoff, but you'd think he'd give it a rest if he'd feel his voice couldn't handle it.

A month after the SA tour Guns will be in the East Coast, which is big money district and he needs to show up on time and pack a good punch to ensure his pension fund is well taken care of.

But throw in Catcher, Going Down (be it a Stone Roses cover or not) and Oh My God and a lot of the problems would go away.

I never liked how Axl sang LALD back in the 90's. It was friggin awful. rarely did I hear a good version from him back then. I like the way he sings it now. But the screams at Rio were fantastic.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Totally unnecessary, dude.

Gimme a break. Ali is clearly a  troll who even calls people at HTGTH  haters. Posts over at mygnr are also bullshit posts. Basically expresses the attitude of a "Fuck Slash" poster in disguise albeit terribley disguised Whatever though.

As for calling Naltav a  loser...   what can I say. Anyone who can't see through his bullshit needs help.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

And then tell us that Buckethead's solos on CD are as good or better than anything Slash has ever done?

I'm a Slashite. Fucking love his solos on SCOM, NR, Estranged, DC, and on and on. I would argue that Bucket's TWAT solo is right up there with those. Epic stuff IMHO. But still should not be branded Guns N' Roses.

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Gimme a break. Ali is clearly a  troll who even calls people at HTGTH  haters. Posts over at mygnr are also bullshit posts. Basically expresses the attitude of a "Fuck Slash" poster in disguise albeit terribley disguised Whatever though.

As for calling Naltav a  loser...   what can I say. Anyone who can't see through his bullshit needs help.

Well, I've never seen Ali with a "Fuck Slash" attitude, or post. He's been pretty cool here as far as I'm can see. And a lot more respectful than some of the guys here who don't hide the fact they hate anything to do with the new line up, which Ali is clearly a big fan of.

The insults are beneath you.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:

Include TWAT in that list and I'm with you.  Also, "Madagascar".  As far as "epic solos", for me, I think Bucket's solo is as good as anything Slash has ever done.  In fact, that may be the most stunning guitar solo I've ever heard.  His solo on "Sorry" is just gorgeous, too.  I love what Robin does in "Better" and "This I Love".

Ali

Oh COME ON!!! STFU. Are you honestly gonna sit there and tell us you basically love the half the CD album more than Estranged?  And then tell us that Buckethead's solos on CD are as good or better than anything Slash has ever done?

Hey even if Axl reads this fourm you aren't going to be his friend! he's not gonna hang out with you.

People have lost their freaking minds!

Thank god I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday cause clearly what bugs me most is stupid posts, not the actions or inactions of the band 14

Your arrogance and condescension notwithstanding, that is my opinion.  Not agreeing with your viewpoint doesn't mean I've lost my mind, nor does it make my posts "stupid".

To make matters worse, you didn't even read and comprehend what I wrote correctly.  Perhaps try that next time.

Ali

What's there to cmprehend? I've been reading your riduclous posts for the last few days and you always have to back peddle on what you said. Your whole arguement about press not picking up the Rio show and then when it did it wasn't the right press for you and then when the right press(American radio) did it needed to be national print press. Now you say you like all those songs better than Estranged and then go on to say Bucketheads solo on CD are as good or better than ANYTHING Slash has ever done. What's there not to comprehend Ali? Your posts reak of the type of person who brings a  "Fuck Slash" sign to a concert.  You're no different than the people at HTGTH. You really aren't, save for the fact you're trying to act that way ina subtle manner over here yet you're not very subtle.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm a troll?  Why is that?  Because I don't share your opinion?  Or is it because unlike you I don't make fun of people who don't share my opinion?

As far as me calling someone a hater, I did that last night in jest, clearly.  Someone accused me of drinking kool aid and I said nope, not hater-ade either with a smiley afterwards, indicating the joking nature of what I wrote.  Way to take what I wrote out of context and twist it around roll

I don't express the "Fuck Slash" attitude at all.  A complete invention on your part.  Just because I think Bucket is a better guitar player than Slash doesn't mean that Slash isn't my personal favorite guitar player of all time.  If I had a "Fuck Slash" attitude as you so eloquently stated, I wouldn't have bought all of his post-GN'R albums and gone to see  him live whenever I could. 

Perhaps you could get your facts straight before you start making accusations next time.

Ali

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:
Ali wrote:
Bono wrote:

Oh COME ON!!! STFU. Are you honestly gonna sit there and tell us you basically love the half the CD album more than Estranged?  And then tell us that Buckethead's solos on CD are as good or better than anything Slash has ever done?

Hey even if Axl reads this fourm you aren't going to be his friend! he's not gonna hang out with you.

People have lost their freaking minds!

Thank god I'm leaving for vacation on Saturday cause clearly what bugs me most is stupid posts, not the actions or inactions of the band 14

Your arrogance and condescension notwithstanding, that is my opinion.  Not agreeing with your viewpoint doesn't mean I've lost my mind, nor does it make my posts "stupid".

To make matters worse, you didn't even read and comprehend what I wrote correctly.  Perhaps try that next time.

Ali

What's there to cmprehend? I've been reading your riduclous posts for the last few days and you always have to back peddle on what you said. Your whole arguement about press not picking up the Rio show and then when it did it wasn't the right press for you and then when the right press(American radio) did it needed to be national print press. Now you say you like all those songs better than Estranged and then go on to say Bucketheads solo on CD are as good or better than ANYTHING Slash has ever done. What's there not to comprehend Ali? Your posts reak of the type of person who brings a  "Fuck Slash" sign to a concert.  You're no different than the people at HTGTH. You really aren't, save for the fact you're trying to act that way ina subtle manner over here yet you're not very subtle.

What in the hell are you talking about?  I didn't backpeddle at all.  I stated from the get go that the only way a poor Rio performance would affect US tour ticket sales was if a mainstream press outlet (US) covered the Rio festival.  I went on to cite clear examples of that happening in 2001 when both MTV News and RS reviewed/covered GN'R's set.  That hasn't happened here at all yet.  The Aussie MTV site will clearly NOT be read by many people in the US.  That's why it's the Aussie version of the site roll A radio station isn't a press outlet.  That's stating a fact, not backpeddling.

And, again, you still miscontrued what I said to begin with.  I never said I like those songs better than "Estranged".  I agreed with Russ saying he liked them AS MUCH as "Estranged".

Ali

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I give credit where credit is due.. that TWAT solo is amazing no doubt about it

only thing I would mention though: His tone doesn't match Axl's voice quite like Slash.. Those two were made to be together in that aspect

I also always had ONE major problem with TWAT solo.... When Axl starts his "I would do anything for youuuuuuuuu" the guitar kinda drops down low etc... where I am just screaming for it to continue high and to go nuts..... think SCOM during the Where to we gooo right before the end how Slash's manic shredding elevates the intensity of the song..

TWAT gets right to that peak... pokes a hole through  the ceiling but then just kinda dies out whereas Slash's explode out of the ceiling.

Board footer