You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Guns N' Roses Rock in Rio Freefall!

Bono wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Axl wasn't prepared, and the performance wasn't as good as it was 10 years ago in Rio.   But the reality is, Axl was 10 years younger than and had a better band behind him.

I've always been curious as to why this kind of comment goes unnoticed yet if someone were to say Axl had a better band behind him in 1991 you'd be labelled a hater of the new era. Yet people can openly praise the 2000-2002 era as though it's the best thing since sliced bread. I've never understood that.  I can only imagine some of the comments if someone were to say Axl had a better band behind him in 1991.  Thems be basically fighting words with some, yet people can nonchalontly say it about the 2002 band in compariosn to the 2011 band and it's a non issue. Weird.

This isn't really directed at you Jimmy Zig Zag, just a general observation about your comment which I've seen similar posts to from various members and the reactions or lack there of that it getss.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

hey JimBob...welcome back around these parts smile

to bono, i dunno i liken the 1992 band over the current band as a better band as being a same type of comment as the 2002 band was better than the current band

the same peopel that said they want bucket or robin (or both) back are no different than wanting slash and duff back...complain about nostalgia then want something from 18 years ago or 10 years ago....its all dead and buried

not a shot at anyone...just sayin'. I like ron's comment "there is enough room to appreciate it all" or whatever...paraphrasing but you get the idea, i do think the current band is pretty awesome live though...lots of chemistry and a shit ton of talent

Manets
 Rep: 9 

Manets wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Wow.  Whatever you were smoking before/during/after the concert must be shared with the rest of us.

Agreed. If that was the best concert of his life, he must go to horrendously shitty concerts on a regular basis.

In the past two years I've seen live:
Scorpions (2x)
AC/DC (DVD recording)
Sepultura
Metallica
Bon Jovi
Queens Of The Stone Age
Pixies
Avenged Sevenfold
Linkin Park
Sebastian Bach
System Of A Down
Evanescence
Guns 'N Roses (2x)

And yeah, most of them were great. Bon Jovi had been the best, but my second GNR concert was much better.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

The 01 Rock In Rio show still is the best concert i saw in my life,i think nothing will ever never top that !!!

The show was okay AXl sounded better last year at Rio!
AXL is bat crazy to go to a Gig like Rio without working out his voice.

Estranged was Fantastic i saw people around me huggin and crying !!!
The band nailed the song,kudos to Ron he told me it was alot of work to make the song to sound right, about the guittar tone etc

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i bet! thanks for sharing that

and thanks for sharing your experience on the rio gigs big_smile

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Deleted.

KIKO2K

KIKO2K wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Deleted.

Eh...?!
Are you talking about me ?!

KIKO2K

KIKO2K wrote:

Now he deleted his shitty post.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:

Yeah, cause I changed my mind and decided to give you more time, before a public judgement. I wouldn't be such a gentleman now.

To clear the situation, I wrote something like
'More and more HTGTH enigmas. I hope they are not on a mission or something'

I still hope.

KIKO2K

KIKO2K wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
KIKO2K wrote:

Yeah, cause I changed my mind and decided to give you more time, before a public judgement. I wouldn't be such a gentleman now.

To clear the situation, I wrote something like
'More and more HTGTH enigmas. I hope they are not on a mission or something'

I still hope.

First of all...

Fuck off to call me HTGTH enigma!
Do you know me?!
Who the fuck are you to judge me ?!

Thanks to have changed your mind... NOT !!!! What a joke.

Board footer