You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Bon Jovi-These Days

metallex78 wrote:

Yeah, I shouldn't be so hard on them going soft. I did actually see them on the Lost Highway tour too, and they still played the shit outta the old material. 3 9

As for the business decision thing, that is interesting too. Because while These Days is a very dark album (well, within Bon Jovi's own version of "dark"), there are certainly uplifting tracks on there too.
The song These Days itself is a kinda mellow uplifting track, Something for the Pain & All I Want Is Everything are fun rockers, and If That's What It Takes & Hearts Breaking Even kinda have fun mid-paced rock ballad vibes about them.

Anyway, I just wish they'd at least get back to Keep The Faith style of "positive" Bon Jovi rockers, because shit like One Wild Night reminds me of fucking Ricky Martin music... 14

I imagine that Richie, with the huge chops he has, he must be bored shitless half the time playing all these bland newer songs.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I love this album. I picked it up back in '95 when it  came out, and it was the first album I ever bought. My sister, the same person that got me into GNR, had bought me Crossroads the year before, and Bon Jovi had become one of my favorite bands. I saw These Days at a department store, picked it up, and listened to it all the way threw as soon as I got home. It was the first time I just laid there and listened to music. I've been catching shit for being a Bon Jovi fan ever since. smile And it helped me through a breakup too, many years later.

These Days is a masterpiece no matter who cut it. I know that people dog Jovi but that's mostly because of a lot of the output they've released since These Days.

I'm glad you dig it. It's one of those "dream owns" on vinyl for me but it's rare enough that I can't bring myself to pay what it goes for. I have the 45's for This Ain't A Love Song (which has a live version on the flip side) and Something For The Pain (which has These Days on the flip side) as well as Lie To Me. But I'd love to get the rest of the record on vinyl.

I'm not into vinyl, but I've been reading through the thread you started on your collection and its definitely got me interested. It'll be a while before I have the time and money to pursue that interest though.

Have you heard Richie's Aftermath? It reminds me very much of These Days.

RaZor

RaZor wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Yep, I think Bon Jovi were on a winning streak from Slippery When Wet, New Jersey, Keep The Faith and These Days, but they kinda lost me after that, probably more because my music tastes were getting heavier at the time.

I still remember seeing Bon Jovi on the These Days Australian tour, and they played at Eastern Creek Raceway, (the same place I'd missed seeing GN'R in 1993 17), and they were great.

Say what you will about them releasing middle of the road rock for the last 10 years or more, but these guys fucking ROCKED the shit outta Eastern Creek on that tour. 9

My taste in music got heavier as well, I got really into nu metal in high school. But I'd still listen to Bon Jovi on occasion, when my metalhead friends weren't around.  I did start listening less and less, not because I didn't like anymore, but because I listened to those records so much that I've gotten bored of them.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Have you heard Richie's Aftermath? It reminds me very much of These Days.

Now this just sparked up my interest for that album!

I loved Stranger in this Town, that was a really great album too.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Richies aftermath kicks ass. Its worth a dl to see if u like it. Seven years gone is amazing, you can only get so high, ill always walk beside you... quality album

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

It really is. I also really liked Sugar Daddy and Burn the Candle Down, they have a garage rock feel to them. But, You Can Only Get So High its def my favorite, talk about feeling.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RaZor

RaZor wrote:

One thing I love about his solo albums, it goes to show how much of an influence he is on the main band. You can tell that These Days, Keep the Faith, and allot of New Jersey were Richie albums.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Son of a Gun
 Rep: -3 

Son of a Gun wrote:

Don`t want to piss on anyone`s parade but they suck balls always did and always will shittiest wannabe Rock band ever their uninspired, generic, mediocre, lame, bubblegum, plasitc dirge fucking grates on my nerves I don`t understand how can anyone like this shitty 80`s boy band rant over!!!!

Board footer