You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Cordoba, Argentina - Orfeo Superdomo (Oct 12, 2011)

Olorin wrote:

They love their rock its not just an Axl thing, other bands like Iron Maiden get just as wild a reception, its awesome!

Sky Dog wrote:

that gave me a headache...at happy hour to boot.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

I dig the fact Estranged goes a tiny bit quicker than it should. It makes the song so much better. They slowed it way too much down in 93, now it's perfect.

I mean, fucking hell. The song is an absolute masterpiece of epic proportions.

If Bucket had laid his hands on creating those solos, I'm sure it would have been even better. Wops, did I say that out loud? bucket

Estranged is a masterpiece, the pinnacle of Guns N' Roses. It shits on every other song in the set.

Sky Dog wrote:
Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

I dig the fact Estranged goes a tiny bit quicker than it should. It makes the song so much better. They slowed it way too much down in 93, now it's perfect.

If Bucket had laid his hands on creating those solos, I'm sure it would have been even better. Wops, did I say that out loud? bucket

Estranged is a masterpiece, the pinnacle of Guns N' Roses. It shits on every other song in the set.

I always thought Bucket would nail Estranged in a live setting. However, the studio version is the shit. Everything is perfect and no other guitar player at the time, in the world, could have played it better than Slash. Estranged and Coma are Axl's and Slash's masterpieces together. SCOM is their pop/rock masterpiece, but those other two are the pinnacle of their artistic capabilities.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
-D- wrote:

Axl looks like he has already lost 15-20lbs

He's been on a 'crash diet' 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

DCK you just made me throw up in my mouth 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Neemo wrote:

DCK you just made me throw up in my mouth 16

Glad to be of service, fucking the holy grail up for everyone.

Bucket would have come up with something better. 16

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
madagas wrote:
Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

I always thought Bucket would nail Estranged in a live setting. However, the studio version is the shit. Everything is perfect and no other guitar player at the time, in the world, could have played it better than Slash. Estranged and Coma are Axl's and Slash's masterpieces together. SCOM is their pop/rock masterpiece, but those other two are the pinnacle of their artistic capabilities.

madagas wrote:
Olorin wrote:
DCK wrote:

Well put!

Can't argue with that!

Not sure about the part that "no other guitar player at the time, in the world, could have played it better than Slash"-part. The core of the song, to me, are the songwriting/lyrics.

Finally seeing/hearing it again reminds me of how brilliant the SONGWRITING/LYRICS of Estranged really are!

Don't know what I'm trying to say. But the truth is, what touched me first about Estranged, was the lyrics. Phrases like "When I find all of the reasons, maybe I'll find another way, find another day, with all the changing seasons of my life, maybe I'll get it right next time"  and  "I'll never find anyone to replace you, maybe I'll get it right...next time"

Whenever I hear the song. I sort of think back to that "interview" with Axl in "Makin' Fuckin' Videos" for Don't Cry, where he talks briefly about re-incarnation ("whether anyone believes in that or not....It also symbolieses that, if you don't get it right, you get to try again...or...you might HAVE to try again")

That kind of thinking really touched me in a way that I'm still trying to figure out.

And in later years, when I've really gotten into various documentaries about string-theory, re-incarnation and alternate universes and other hippy-trippy shit like that, that song (and other lyrics by Axl) have really touched me on a level that no other band/artist ever have!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
madagas wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Was he screaming at the help or what? This guy can be such a loser sometimes.

nobody knows....but feel free to assume the worst.:rolleyes:

Oh really? Assume the worst? What would you assume by watching that particular video? That Axl wasn't an asshole? Who are you kidding?

Board footer