You are not logged in. Please register or login.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

Re: Updates: Orlando, FL (Amway Center 10-28-11)

KIKO2K wrote:
Naltav wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And btw, shout out to Russ, remember when I told you on the phone This I Love was CD FUCKIN' QUALITY

Check this out mother fuckers...

ALL FUCKING TIME 9

Awesome! 9

Yeah TIL and Sorry sounds fuckinfantastic live. 22

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

No one is "qualified" to tell someone they didn't have as good of a time as they did. The person who was actually there would know better, yes?

Sorry but it just cracks me up that some can't believe the show was just that good.  And yes, I get the "being there changes your objectivity" part in some way, but isn't that kinda the point that others have been trying to make for years? Sitting around on a forum, watching YouTube videos and judging a show by it isn't reality. Perhaps being there in person is really the way to do so?

Yeah I'm late to the party with this response but What cracks me up is had Axlin said the show was average and not that great you'd be all over him disagreeing calling him a  hater. For the record I NEVER said the show Axlin went to wasn't great. Fucking disgusting that some of you have taken that from my post. I merely said I wasnt' buying the "best ever" vibe I personally was getting from his review.  I chalk that up to the emotion of witnessing it in person less than 24 hours earlier because in reality nobody is getting the best ever Axl Rose in 2011. We just aren't and when a  review comes off that way it's someone who's coming off the high of being there in person which is great but given some time to reflect back on it things are never as good as they seemed nor are they as bad as they seemd.  Especially when someone wasn't 100% sober as Axlin admited himself. wink The best U2 show I ever saw was Portland December 2005. I was fucking hammered and in retrospect after watching clips it wasn't the best ever but it was a great fucking time and the band coudl do no wrong and Bono's voice was immaculate.  Was Axlin's show a great fucking show as he described? Yeah probably. I have no reason to doubt that as the show I saw in 2010 was pretty fucking awesome. BUT if people have a problem with me not buying into a "best ever" vibe I was getting from the  review that's their problem.

I never doubted the fact Axlin had a great time but as someone who's been to mulitple Gn'R shows that have absolutely sucked and that have also been really great yeah I'm in a  good position to know what I can and can't take from a review as I've seen both sides of it in person.  If a review suggests to me it was the best show ever then I'm gonna question that. As I would if it the person was describing it as the worst show ever.  Anyone who doesn't question it if thats' the vibe they are getting is clearly latched onto Axl's nuts or looking to chop them off.

johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If this continues he should get great press all around.

even if ur IF comes to pass, you're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think axl'll make positive reviews. he'll always make great press but that won't be from the media supporting him. he's an easy target for lazy journalists. the performances may reach the public IN-SPITE of the press, but none will be doing him favours - cause he hasn't done them any, at least in a positive sense & that's the rules of the game. i'm on axl's side on this one. music journalists, especially rock critics, 99% of them are rotten sub-species.

ftr,  i also miss faldor.
he's wasted @ htgth

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Going to a concert changes your objectivity.  Very few people have claimed they don't put on a good show.  You'll have to forgive Bono for believing years of posting over someone's immediate response to a cool experience that makes them have temporary amnesia about the last 20 years.

If I remember correctly, Bono had a similar response to the shows he went to...I'd say in this case, he's quite qualified to have the opinion he has.

No one is "qualified" to tell someone they didn't have as good of a time as they did. The person who was actually there would know better, yes?

Sorry but it just cracks me up that some can't believe the show was just that good.  And yes, I get the "being there changes your objectivity" part in some way, but isn't that kinda the point that others have been trying to make for years? Sitting around on a forum, watching YouTube videos and judging a show by it isn't reality. Perhaps being there in person is really the way to do so?

Yeah I'm late to the party with this response but What cracks me up is had Axlin said the show was average and not that great you'd be all over him disagreeing calling him a hater.  For the record I NEVER said the show Axlin went to wasn't great. Fucking disgusting that some of you have taken that from my post. I merely said I wasnt' buying the "best ever" vibe I personally was getting from his review.  I chalk that up to the emotion of witnessing it in person less than 24 hours earlier because in reality nobody is getting the best ever Axl Rose in 2011. We just aren't and when a  review comes off that way it's someone who's coming off the high of being there in person which is great but given some time to reflect back on it things are never as good as they seemed nor are they as bad as they seemd.  Especially when someone wasn't 100% sober as Axlin admited himself. wink The best U2 show I ever saw was Portland December 2005. I was fucking hammered and in retrospect after watching clips it wasn't the best ever but it was a great fucking time and the band coudl do no wrong and Bono's voice was immaculate.  Was Axlin's show a great fucking show as he described? Yeah probably. I have no reason to doubt that as the show I saw in 2010 was pretty fucking awesome. BUT if people have a problem with me not buying into a "best ever" vibe I was getting from the  review that's their problem.

I never doubted the fact Axlin had a great time but as someone who's been to mulitple Gn'R shows that have absolutely sucked and that have also been really great yeah I'm in a  good position to know what I can and can't take from a review as I've seen both sides of it in person.  If a review suggests to me it was the best show ever then I'm gonna question that. As I would if it the person was describing it as the worst show ever.  Anyone who doesn't question it if thats' the vibe they are getting is clearly latched onto Axl's nuts or looking to chop them off.

u are late
LOL
"disgusting" is completely ott it's not like someone's been molested raped or murdered get some perspective.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The best ever show I went to was Trans Siberian Orchestra. I ain't even lying. All the rock bands I've ever seen don't even come close. Bucket included. And GNR. And Metallica.

Carry on.

johndivney wrote:

TSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> U2

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I might have had an epiphany. Are you swedish american bri?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

man, the thread that wont die. people that werent at the show are chiming on the youtube clips in harmony and yet ..........

Bono

Bono wrote:
johndivney wrote:

"disgusting" is completely ott it's not like someone's been molested raped or murdered get some perspective.

Umm..... get some common sense and comprehend the point I was making rather than bitch about whether you think the wording was more fit for a molestation report or not.

johndivney wrote:

TSO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> U2

That ^ was a completely pointless and irrelevant comment. Congratulations

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The best ever show I went to was Trans Siberian Orchestra. I ain't even lying. All the rock bands I've ever seen don't even come close. Bucket included. And GNR. And Metallica.

Carry on.

I wanted to see them but they didn't come to Calgary. I've watched many youtube clips though and it looks like they put on an incredibly performance!

Board footer