You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i wouldn't read too much into the Slash thing...I think it's just Slash talks to everyone re-promotion, and Eddie as a rock/metal head also talks to everyone...don't think it's a conspiracy.

As for Duff...it's def bizzare..but I doubt he feels like a looser...it's not like the world doesn't look at him and remember who he is and why we know of him....I think it's about the choices of both men. Axl had a direction he wanted to take GNR, and he's doing that in his own way, meanwhile Duff and Slash have their own musical interests - some together and some very seperate.

I doubt duff wants to be back in GNR full time unless it was as a full partner...that's not happening and I think he's cool with that.

If anything it shows, if you'll forgive a crass analogy, the size of both men's balls.

Duff doesn't feel threatened because he knows his street cred is eternal for his role in AFD, UYI era. Meanwhile Axl/Tommy are obviously confident enough in their own era's merrits that they're cool to do their thing with Duff backstage.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Glad there are a few more in this camp.

But if it allows for a HOF reunion type of thing... Fuck it. why not.

Slash def was right though with the spineless part.

Lomax wrote:

Awesome to see how Duffs fans have bigger egos than he has.
I'd be just as happy to see GNR open for loaded.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
-D- wrote:

Slash def was right though with the spineless part.

I don't see this as spineless. I think Duff simply accepts this for what it is. I don't see how he could, but he does.

As I said, I just find it weird.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Loaded playing shows with GNR???

Fucking cool. Wonder if that's a definite or maybe.

this will never happen

& not just because loaded are in the UK & then SA & then back to Europe in November http://duff-loaded.com/thetaking/tours/ (so maybe some dates in Dec w GnR)
but because it just couldn't happen. could it?!

Maybe it's cause of the venue owners?
Either way it's still not too bad price wise, I remember paying almost twice that to see Megadeth in the Ulster Hall.

btw... Wish I had friends who liked GNR/Duff, I'd so be there. I'll be in BMC litteally two small streets away just before that starts. tongue.

well most of my mates aren't going cause of the price & work the next day but there's still me & another guy thinking about going but undecided yet.
you're more than welcome to join us if we do go.

the plan at the minute, on my end, is to head to katy dalys in the early afternoon & start getting shitfaced.

i'll drop you a PM on wed morning letting you know concrete plans if you want. even if you're not going to the gig sure you can call round & have a pint or two. if i go, that is. still smarting over ticket prices. but i'll maybe heckle duff about that if i get drunk & stupid enough.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

So Axl gives a video interview with the lead guitarist, something that's not happened in decades - and apparently it pisses everyone off.

I don't think it pisses people off. To me it comes off as just plain scared! Things are moving AWAY from what certain "fans" want.
It happens everytime something remotely positive happens in the world of GNR.

As for Duff opening for GNR...

That shit is bizarre. But in a positive way! From the interviews I've seen of Duff, he strikes me as a very confident, smart and well-spoken grown-up. If he and Axl has patched things up and figured out that their friendship is bigger than GNR, I can see them giggling at the wierd idèa of them touring together!

Imagine Loaded playing It's So Easy while opening for GNR and just has the vocals start, Axl runs out and do the entire song and then splits. Duff goes: "Who the hell was THAT guy?!"
Would be awesome for the fans present at the gig.

The usual suspects on the boards would no doubt whine.

If Axl and Duff want to do this thing, I'm all for it!

johndivney wrote:

chances are axl wouldn't be at the venue, hell he wouldn't even be in the same state as duff while loaded are playing their opening set.

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:
johndivney wrote:

chances are axl wouldn't be at the venue, hell he wouldn't even be in the same state as duff while loaded are playing their opening set.

You got a point...

But on the off-chance that he IS there, that shit would be fun!

I think Axl was at the venue early in Miami. I think Eddie tweeted that he was there around 8PM...

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Naltav wrote:

Imagine Loaded playing It's So Easy while opening for GNR and just has the vocals start, Axl runs out and do the entire song and then splits. Duff goes: "Who the hell was THAT guy?!"
Would be awesome for the fans present at the gig.

I also think that could be awesome but therein lies the problem. I would hazard a guess that most people who think Loaded opening for GNR would be cool is because there is a part of them hoping for just such an event.

Sadly I think for me whilst it would probably be cool if it happened I couldn't help but feel like it was a bit of a cock tease.

It's great that the two of them seem to have somewhat mended some of the bridges between them that were previously burnt, but for me I feel like either give me the full blown reunion or nothing, don't blur the lines.  Seeing Duff and Axl on the stage together would just give me reunion cravings, i know I would start thinking imagine if 21...... since that is unlikey I would prefer not to have those emotions stirred up.

JMO 19

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I dunno, I think having any of the ex-members involved with anything with the new band just begs the question "if Axl is getting along with the old members enough to open a tour with them, why the hell does he need new guys passing themselves off as GN'R, when he could have the original members...?"

To me it just creates confusion.

Board footer