You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok so i take a 2 day break and this shit happens..is there a link? or maybe a transcript? interesting thast duff is opening for gnr

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Amen.

If Axl does all of this and continues to just do hits tours with no real future in sight, i'll be back on the "Buzz train", no doubt.

But that doesn't seem to be happening here, so let's give it a chance. It's the most "ready" i've seen Axl since this whole thing begin.

Despite the revisionism, even in 2002, Axl told Loder after the VMA's that they were nowhere close to releasing the album, and seemed like he wanted to be anywhere but there talking with him.

Even with Norris in 2006, he seemed totally reluctant. He seemed to open up on Trunk's radio show in 2006, but the lack of any "band" members kinda negated the whole thing.

Like I said before, this is the first interview Axl's done with a new band member -- ever. That's GOTTA say something, even if Axl forgot to tell DJ to bug off.

I agree.  Like I said before.  I stopped loging on here because I had nothing positive to say cause well Axl didn't seem to have his heart in it.  Now I could be wrong, but he seems into it this time.  Can he prove us wrong?  Sure.  But am willing to give him a chance.  But am starting to understand why Axl NEVER does an interview or anything.  It seems nothing can ever be good enough.  Buzz I get you're a fan of the old GNR and maybe you are not a fan ot his GNR.  Nothing wrong there.  But this GNR is what we have and that ain't gonna change.

Reading comprehension guys. Embrace it. Nobody once has asked for the old band back that I've seen in this thread. The fact is Axl is the only band member. That is a fact. It's not my opinion on the matter. The rest of the guys are as replaceable as Slash's "band" is. If history tells you nothing, you should have at least figured this out by now. You can want them to be a band all you want, but they are in fact a bunch of Gilbys. I can't believe people are even debating this at this point. Amazing.

I agree that Axl could go and fire them all tomorrow and replace em with the fucking Muppets.  That is a fact.  But for the time being.  The band is what it is.  When/if Axl fires one of them well that'll be it.  I see GNR now as a NIN.  It's a one man thing with revolving mmusicians.  But for now one in particular seems to get Axl motivated and that is DJ so for now I say let's appreciate it for while it lasts.  We do not have to always just see the negative man.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Cramer wrote:
-D- wrote:

Slash def was right though with the spineless part.

I don't see this as spineless. I think Duff simply accepts this for what it is. I don't see how he could, but he does.

As I said, I just find it weird.

For me, it is a snap shot of what happened 15 years ago. Hell the entire old band were spineless.

They are pissed and mad waiting on Axl to show up... Prob cussing him.. That cocksucker.. I ought to tell him this n that. He's lucky I just don't do this or that... and then When Axl shows up its like all smiles "Hey Axl, hows it going man?"

They strike me as THAT guy. They let Axl get to this point. They accepted their fate by not having the balls to stand up to him in the beginning. They were scared,frightened bitches and allowed Axl to take the name and eventually drive them out.

Its like u used to always tell me: "In the end, Its YOUR CHOICE"

They chose to let Axl do this n that.. So they quit.. Finally grow some balls and go after him in court... And now, as soon as he got put in that hotel room, his balls shrunk and he turned back spineless and allowed himself to be prostituted in front of the fans as a personal stamp of approval.

Axl has an IQ of prob 180.. The other band members combined might reach 150.

So now, its kinda like the same thing. Hey, wanna open for a band u made huge, play for a thousandth percent of what u made in the band and lend credibility to my new band that I ran u off to form?

"SURE!" sounds great sir. may i have another.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ok so i take a 2 day break and this shit happens..is there a link? or maybe a transcript? interesting thast duff is opening for gnr

No transcript, it hasn't aired yet, it airs 11-11-11. Trunk tweeted a couple of things that will be included in the interview, one of which was that Loaded will be opening shows.

The fact that it hasn't aired yet hasn't gotten in the way of a some people calling it a bad idea though.

GNR fans complaining?  russ!  You must've dreamt this!  tongue

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

so why is this thing 12 pages then...is it just gonna be axl again?

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Neemo wrote:

so why is this thing 12 pages then...is it just gonna be axl again?

Oh that Axl!  He must make people here complaining.  Always his fault.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

DJ isn't Slash so it's a bad idea

Board footer