You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

gnfnraxl wrote:
Riad wrote:

DJ isn't Slash so it's a bad idea

I hope that was sarcasm.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Riad wrote:

DJ isn't Slash so it's a bad idea

I hope that was sarcasm.

I'm sure it was.  Nobody has suggested that...not even close.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I hope that was sarcasm.

I'm sure it was.  Nobody has suggested that...not even close.

Nobody suggested that but there were immediate cries of "Why not Tommy!?" which, as I said, goes toward the "Nothing is good enough" argument I make about some GN'R "fans".

I'm not a fan or DJ and I can still tell you that he seems to be the best choice for this.

That's cool.  I disagree, and I like DJ. 

I think someone that actually has written and recorded on a GnR record adds some much needed credibility to a band that needs all the credibility it can get.  I don't see what offended people so much about that opinion.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I think someone that actually has written and recorded on a GnR record adds some much needed credibility to a band that needs all the credibility it can get.

Dude DJ is writing and recording the NEXT gnr record....

I know you can say it won't happen or that he's lying, but he says he is, and he at least thinks he is.

Lets be honest - if they busted out the full line up of CD writers and gave an indepth interview about the last album wouldn't you be pointing out that it's 3 or more years too late about an album that "no one" cares about and moved on from long ago? And you know better than most that many people who helped write the album have quit the group now. That is what it is. No one tries to pretend that axl isn't in charge and it's not Axl's thing.

So who's left to interview with Axl? We could talk to bumble but he's already given tons of interviews about recording chinese and stuff. We could ask tommmy but he's an edgy guy who doesn't like the media almost as much as Axl! Maybe we could talk to paul about the tracks he submitted to Axl? And if he still writes for Axl now richard is around...But he didn't seem to like the public eye...and would you really be happy with a GNR interview that's Paul and Axl.

Everyone knows it's Axl's band, but DJ is the current face of the co-lead guitarist, he's media savvy- which means he may be able to help out Axl who can be distrustful of the media or at ease depending on his mood - and he's the man who is currently working on songs for the next record with Axl.

People ask the band to move on, and that's what they're doing here.

It's hard to imagine a more logical choice than DJ...sure the plans may colapse and no album may ever hit - but at the moment this interview seems structured to take account of the current situation and the potential future...and that's good.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

The next GnR record is going to be mostly CD leftovers. 

I will say this: if you're going to have DJ doing this interview, he damn well better be writing the next album, and they better be talking about it with specific timelines.  Otherwise it doesn't matter what DJ is doing.

They aren't moving on.  Nothing that has happened to date gives any indication that they are moving on at all.  I used to think highly of your posts monkey, but I don't know what you're smoking lately.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

They are touring, and, they are touring an album in America that came out 3 years ago.  Lets face it, they are doing this for money because this is what they do.  Just like bob seger who is coming to town soon... I don't know if he is putting out a new album, but, he is touring, and people are paying to hear the classics, and so he will make some cash.  No different than what GNR is doing.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

ok then ... thanks for the lowdown on what i have missed for the past day or so 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

ok then ... thanks for the lowdown on what i have missed for the past day or so 16

HAHAHAHA, yes, that was a bs post on my part... I will be more serious next time.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:

looking foward to seeing this. as things are right now, ashba was the best choice to accompany axl imo.

and as far as loaded opening.......be nice to hear so fine, attitude in addition to nice boys that they broke out with duff in london.

things are happening and that makes me happy. i'm taking my son to see them on nov. 15th. i am so fucking excited.

Board footer