You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

People "think" that seeing Axl & Slash on a stage for one night again will heighten the wish for a reunion, but I doubt it . I actually think it'll make alot of people realize the Sun looks the same when it rises the following morning. Time won't stop. The trumpets of the four horsemen won't sound. The dead won't rise.

Depends how it went down I think.

Like if GNR had an off night....it would be bad. For example if anything is fucking with Axl's headspace...if he felt pushed into it...and caused him to be under-par. Slash is playing great at the moment..but if he has one of his relapses or something... These guys are human beings...and you don't know what you'll get...could get one of those moments where it just didn't come off at top form - like RIO recently..or you could get a great show like you saw the other night. It's so random...I'm just saying - a bad show would do so much damage..the media would eat it up with a "we waited for this" kinda vibe.

Then again. These guys have magic. When I saw slash at MTV last year it blew my mind. There's something about him. A chemical X. And Axl's even more charasmatic....when he's on he's untouchable. And that was always the magic of old GNR to me. Axl and Slash alone is enough for a band to rock...together it's insane firepower (and lets not forget the cool of Izzy/Duff etc)....so i guess i have mixed views on it to be honest.

I'd have more faith in recorded material. Because i KNOW that would be good. Live is a coin toss - they'd either destroy everything ever or it just wouldn't take that night.

But I still think a reunion won't happen. Why would it? There's nothing to gain for them. If you are Slash it's going from smooth sailing into the drama of the GNR brand again. If you are Axl it utterly undermines everything he works to produce with the new guys.

Just can't see a real motivation to do it for either of them in the end. They're music is still moving in different directions. What i'd like to see is them become friends and maybe oneday we'd get some kind of joint shows and shit. Imagine, 3 hours of VR then 3 hours of GNR!!

I just dont think a reunion is realistic long term. It would crash and burn in months. Best outcome these days is everyone kicking ass in their own projects IMO. Slash's new album is going to be killer.....and I really want a Chinese 2.....I know I'll be playing them back to back having my own little joint tour on my stereo...:mosh:

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

This Slash thing is so hyped up it's more hyped up than what Chinese Democracy was. Whatever happens people will just be disappointed, didn't follow their expectations, "was that it?". An extreme glorification of a cooperation and a relationship that was doomed from the start. We got AFD and Illusions out of the pair (not adding the Izzy debate). It's more than enough to be happy about considering the collision of superpowers that is Axl and Slash.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You have to give it to Eddie fucking Trunk....he's hanging out at 5.45am where he's been waiting around for like 15 hours...

and Axl tells him the real lateness was something that happened in 1991...

and Eddie keeps a straight face  big_smile big_smile:D:laugh:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Trouble is Axl, once you've finished touring the US there's nowhere else to play that hasn't already experienced Chinese. So if you want to keep playing (earning) you're gonna need to push out some new material.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Trouble is Axl, once you've finished touring the US there's nowhere else to play that hasn't already experienced Chinese. So if you want to keep playing (earning) you're gonna need to push out some new material.

Indeed. Really, the whole album's been toured (minus...well, we know he's not done OMG/Silkworms/Scraped/Shacklers/Prostitute very much). He's hit everywhere.

They don't "need" Peter to make these shows work. They need him for when these shows are done. Hopefully work to some favorable conclusion with the record company to get out some more product (songs) and then keep going, touring, etc.

I'm assuming that they're all "well we definitely would love to put a record out sooner than it took the last one, shucks, gee wiz" because they don't know how or when they can put one out because the label is aloof and disinterested in another one. They need to know the label will let them put one out and if it'll be supported. I think any manager's job is to argue GNR's business case to the label.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

I'm trying to imagine young Axl running to his job at a supermarket with a sandwich in hand. 16

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I'm trying to imagine young Axl running to his job at a supermarket with a sandwich in hand. 16

I imagine it's like 91 Axl running during the second part of Patience.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer