You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Neemo wrote:

yeah DJ never really said much, but i think it was more due to the fact that thye chopped up the interview to get to the stuff that most people would wanna see/hear

i thought Axl came across really well and thats the biggest thing to focus on right now tbh, casuals who watch that will get a good vibe asbout him...maybe put some of the "he's an  asshole" attitude on the back burniner...who wants to bet that some horder will be pedalling the full TMS interview soon 16

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Axl came out well and he could have been pushed more. The video thing was bullshit though, just a white PR lie.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah that was a perfect opportunity to follow up with another question about the Better video with Lars in it and ask what happened to that then?

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Yeah that was a perfect opportunity to follow up with another question about the Better video with Lars in it and ask what happened to that then?

We're moving into hardcore area with that one..it would take some close following to snap this stuff up. But obviously you're right.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

DCK wrote:

Axl came out well and he could have been pushed more. The video thing was bullshit though, just a white PR lie.

I noticed he still said 'yet' as though we may still get the Better video at some stage 16

It was great to see Axl talking and in good spirits but the interview was poor for the reasons already mentioned. There were gaping holes left after some answers Axl gave and they just moved on. I think even the most neutral of viewers would have been frustrated at their inability to push on and ask a followup question.

In their defence they'd probably been up 30 straight hours at that point so I guess it is understandable they weren't firing on all cylinders.

It's a shame but who knows with new management maybe this won't be just a one off and media appearances etc might be a bit more frequent.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah I thought it was strange he sad "yet" too in regards  to a video. That almost implies there is one to come?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

zzzzzzzzz......what the fuck happened in Abu Dhabi? arrrrgghhhh...that's when Tommy wrote ONE MAN MUTINY...and was tweeting about not taking the bullshit anymore.

johndivney wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Way to take a shit on a golden opportunity.

the interview is a reflection of it's subject.

it's all well & good excusing axl, saying he was ready & engaging.
but how come he can't be that ready @ a reasonable & respectful time for others?
the interviewers were @ a disadvantage due to axl's behaviour. he deserves to carry responsibility for the weak interview - by not only conducting it @ 6am, but by his intimidating & unpredictable manner of attending to press. it was obv from the get-go these polite presenters were gonna make the interview we got - which is precisely why axl/gnr agreed in the first place probably. how about axl sits down & talks with people who are gonna demand proper answers from him?

now just fwiw, i don't actually care one way or the other whether axl does do an interview again & answers some questions. interviews & promo aren't of interest to me in the grand scheme of things, just distractions
i'm just saying the missed opportunity thing is just par for the course & again can be traced back to axl if you want to distribute some blame..

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

it's interesting that axl said he curbed the late nights for the sake of his crew on tour in 1991, but he keeps tms guys up until 6am for a fucking interview.

i think the tms will be getting shit for the wet fart i've just witnessed.

Board footer