You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

faldor wrote:

From Eddie's blog

11-Nov-11
About tonight's Axl special
11/11/11: just wanted to drop a note about tonights much anticipated premiere of the Axl Rose TMS Special. I have done press all week on radio and print talking about the special but some of the articles obviously take on the tone of the writer, and not always how it was said. Much has been made about the hour the interview happened. Yes it is true we were there a very long time and the interview took place between 5:30-7AM on 10/30/11, however we went there with no promise or set time to even get the interview. Axl told us a few times he was not aware this was something his reps had even set up for him to do. Yes it was late (early) and I would have personally been a little more fresh for an interview of this magnitude, but the idea Axl intentionally had us wait is not accurate. We got there so early because we shot footage with many people in the event we didnt get Axl. Maybe some of that footage will be seen later in a different show. Axl was willing to talk about everything with us and was very generous with his time when he finally did join us.

The show was shot in HD, however VH1 Classic does not broadcast in HD. At some point another channel may air it in the VH1 family that will show it in that format. I have no control over where, when and how this show, or any TMS airs. I also have no control over the various internet laws that block it in some places.

There will be some music from the show that night in the special.

Axl requested new guitarist DJ Ashba sit with him during the interview. Thanks to DJ for being cool and joining us. We actually shot a solo interview with him I hope we can use at some pioint, but Axl for obvious reasons is the focus of the interview. We also spoke to Bumblefoot, various crew and band members, fans and more. Some will be seen, some maybe used another time. Again, this was about Axl once he joined us.

We were only asked by Axl's camp to not ask about an ioriginal reunion. The focus of the interview is about this version of the band that he feels strongly about and turned in a great performance. That being said, Axl does mention past members in the discussion.

I hope you guys enjoy this special and I thank Axl, all of GnR camp and crew, the Buckcherry guys (who opened), and all of our crew for a long but successful shoot. I will be on the air tonight from 11P-2A ET so if you want to call in and talk about it after it airs tune in and I'll take some calls. You can listen online at www.q1043.com or with the iheartradio app

And do not forget this is only one of 9 new shows coming your way. Our new season features Slash, Marilyn Manson, Brian Johnson and more! Full schedule on my site. Enjoy and thanks!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

When that fucking shit started and Eddie and those other guys were acting all hard like they were gonna bumrush Axl and get in his face.... I fucking Face Palmed...... I knew it was gonna be complete shit after that.

I don't care if i got the flu and damn near in a Coma, IF Axl is gonna give me the biggest exclusive interview I've had, Im gonna perk the fuck up.

As someone previously stated, I feel these guys know VERY little about GNR and didnt' really have the same interest in the things we did. They seemed too eager to kiss his ass and to try and please him than doing their fucking job.

All they requested is no Reunion ?'s which is understandable.

Rest, seemed Axl was ready and willing to dive in and they blew it.

-D-

-D- wrote:
russtcb wrote:

If Trunk didn't want anyone to take the wrong tone about them waiting so long for the interview, he shouldn't have spent the ENTIRE night before the interview whining up a storm about it via twitter.

Amen

To be "Metal" guys, they were the whiniest pussies I've ever seen that night.

STFU Trunk

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

I felt that there was some editing immediately after axls response regarding new music, so I think there could gave been some juicier stuff right there.

Great to see the video, but we got more insight from the axl internet chats in 2008.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno man...for me this is awesome...sure we didnt get down and dirty nitty gritty details but man, Axl Rose was on a National TV interview and he came out looking like a cool guy and they showed some proshot concert footage, this is really a step in the right direction despite the lack of content for the hardcores. you have to look at it from the pov of the casual fan for somethign like this...VH1 isnt catering to the forum neerds here thye are playing something that is easily digestable by the general public...face it most of the crap we talk about on here...the average person's eyes would just glaze over

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The interviewers sucked. Plain and simple. They really aren't great interviewers, and anyone who watches the show knows this. The Tony Iommi interview made me cringe nearly all the way through it was so bad. Way worse than their handling of the Axl interview. Tony looked completely uncomfortable during the entire segment because of how awkward and flat out stupid the questions were. I've seen this several times. And why, of all the songs they had to choose from, did they choose Live And Let Die to play on the show?

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one disappointed.

I swear, the only thing they kept bringing up was that the show lasted 3 hours. Okay, it was cool the first couple times you said it, but c'mon... Axl seemed like he was in a good mood, and to be honest, he was giving the best answers himself, without being asked. And it wasn't just that they seemed really scared to ask him stuff, but they didn't even follow up on anything when he did open up. And it was painfully obvious Eddie was too scared to ask him anything. Jesus, why not ask him why he comes on late? He took a full two minutes asking that question and never really even asked it. He didn't even say the word "late.' Axl just answered the late question.

God, Loader should have done this interview.

What I did get:

1 - The R&R HOF seems like its going to be interesting if they get in.
2 - He is STILL promotiong Chinese Democracy. Releasing video(s)? Good grief.
3 - The band seems to be really jelling. He seems to be really happy right now.

-D-

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno man...for me this is awesome...sure we didnt get down and dirty nitty gritty details but man, Axl Rose was on a National TV interview and he came out looking like a cool guy and they showed some proshot concert footage, this is really a step in the right direction despite the lack of content for the hardcores. you have to look at it from the pov of the casual fan for somethign like this...VH1 isnt catering to the forum neerds here thye are playing something that is easily digestable by the general public...face it most of the crap we talk about on here...the average person's eyes would just glaze over

Don't get me wrong.. I agree with all that. Axl doing an interview and coming off well was great and I am happy about that.

on here though, I am ranting as my diehard lunatic fan self.

They missed huge opportunities to really peel back the curtain and Axl seemed more than willing to show them whatever they wanted to see.

It would be like having the hottest, most amazing, smoking hot chick of your dreams in your bed and she basically saying you can do anything to her u want, and all you do is maybe feel her tits and talk all night.

EPIC FAILZ

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe they got a bunch of good stuff...we dunno right? i mean really there was maybe 30-40 minutes of interview on the actual show...Trunk claims the interview was 3 hours long basically we got like 1/6 to 1/4 of everything that was discussed...i think the quality of the material shown last night is more due to editing than the actual interivew content...i mean i could be totally wrong but obviously what was all discussed is not presented in what was broadcast

trunkj seems to be somewhat up to snuff with what has surrounded the whole gnr circus so i bet there was some juicy questions asked...but the editors deemed it not important enough to broadcast

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:

Straight from the horse's mouth: "I felt that the right people helped make Chinese and some of the other songs that we've done, and I think the right people are here playing them...''

With that i think the others songs from CD session with Finck/Brain/Buckethead wil be out and not redone by DJ.

Board footer