You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Neemo wrote:

i still thinnk they would be wise to take the vast majority of the unreleased music and get the band in the studio and record it proper as a full band in the studio

i really feel that CD suffered from a cut paste syndrome...shit recorded in 2007 did not really mesh as well as it could have with shit recorded in 1997..IMHO

i also think that if they did it that way they would have some semblance of band chemstry goin on

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm only just getting started on watching this but i noticed when asked about the chemestry Axl mentioned...

"I feel like the right people helped make Chinese, and some of the other songs that we've done"

I'm wondering if that's a refrence to the DJ submitted ideas or the additonal material Dizzy's been talking about.

EDIT: sorry just saw someone had already posted this.

KIKO2K
 Rep: 5 

KIKO2K wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i still thinnk they would be wise to take the vast majority of the unreleased music and get the band in the studio and record it proper as a full band in the studio

i really feel that CD suffered from a cut paste syndrome...shit recorded in 2007 did not really mesh as well as it could have with shit recorded in 1997..IMHO

i also think that if they did it that way they would have some semblance of band chemstry goin on

Disagree...i want to see more Finck and Bucket stuff.
Dj can do new songs with AXL e cia ....leaves the stuff thats already done there untouched.

To me Bucket Finck combo did pretty well on CD i mean the licks and the solos are fuckinfantastic there,sounds great,band chemtry and all...what sucks its the overproduction factor.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I hope that concert finds its way out, the footage in this interview is fantastic, it sounds so fuckin' good.

Gotta agree with the shite interviewer comments, no follow up questions to any of Axls answers, so frustrating. Axl was the only one to do it when he asked Eddie what he meant when he was saying how vocal he had been about the HOF, wonder if it was just down to the editing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Mabye an extended cut aired online if enough people badger him...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

be better if they could just throw the entire uneditied thing up onto youtube or their own website

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Trunk has tweeted a few times that there's "A LOT more footage" and he wants to find a way to air it. Maybe they'll work up a second show with more info.

But we know he already aired all the "juicy" parts. A segment about DJ tying his shoes is not going to save anything.

A media person blew it. Shocking. Still can't fathom the fact you have to be an A student to become a journalist.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

OKay, I had it on DVR and gave it another watch. Maybe I was a bit too tired and cranky - long week.

I still think the interview was majorly weak. But there were some good nuggets. Like the new album situation; about the new management dealing with the record label. That's good. Last time that happened CD was released. The thing that scares me is that the GN'R managemnt position comes with a short life span and a long, slow replacement. I don't really understand what he meant by taking the band around the country and seeing how it goes, in regards to releasing new stuff?

If he still wants to promote CD, I mean it is his baby, and maybe there is something to what he's saying about the videos and shit, considering Danzig did the same thing with Mother where it was a hit YEARS after the album was actualy released. Thing is, if CD is still his current priority, why not do Doc McGee's CD relaunching idea?

Again, Axl was great in the interview. Wish he had a better interviewer. David Fricke (who I'm a big fan of) had a great Q&A session with Duff recently. That would be awesome.

I still think TMS guys were scared shitless of Axl and that hurt the interview. But if there is 2 hours of footage with him I'd love to see it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer