You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

AtariLegend wrote:

Gilby's early screams in that track are almost as bad as Robins.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

yer lol

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Just watched what was put on youtube, and wow, what a tame interview. Those guys REALLY didn't wanna push Axl's buttons at all. And there were a couple of times that it looked like Axl was getting defensive about what he thought they may have been implying with some of their questions. For the most part, he comes across pretty cool though.

While the Metal Show interview wasn't a great one, I definitely thought that it was a fun one. It was good to see Axl taking part in something like that after all these years. As much as certain parts annoyed some of the diehards, I'm sure it more than made up for it by repairing his image with some of the casuals. As everyone's already said, Axl came across pretty likable. So you've got to think about the big picture.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It was a pretty poor interview, I've watched it once and cant be bothered watching again. Its not Axls fault, he was good value, but the interviewers were so clumsy, they should have delved into some of Axls answers to make a more substantial conversation out of it.

Axl seemed to enjoy it, mabye he would be more open to other offers he gets, another Rolling Stone interview perhaps.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Well to be fair.. Most of the interviews these guys do for TMS aren't ground breaking or deep. I enjoyed it. I didn't go into expecting the world though.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

They played a bunch of clips and it was just typical media stuff; saying that Axl was lying every time he opened his mouth, etc. They really came down on Trunk for going so easy on Axl.

Just goes on to show that stupidity in PR happens on both sides of the fence. Some representatives of the press will always find a way into bashing Ax, no matter what he does.

At least Joe Q Public has been letting go of the Whacko Jacko mode some since 1999 (at which point Chinese Democracy would have been a mainstream darling due to the massive exposure it would've gotten.).

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
gibbo wrote:

This is how it should be done 9

Yea that ripped. The base was especially heavy, reminded me of Faith No More.

Board footer