You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: That Metal Show, Trunk/GN'R Discussion

Lomax wrote:

You're just nitpicking now.  Why not go the whole hog and look for an Axl Slash interview

johndivney wrote:

i don't even think dj should be in the band

but he is the go-to guy if you're gonna interview anyone in the band
he's the best at it out of them all
he's actually very good at it, tbf

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Riad wrote:

You're just nitpicking now.  Why not go the whole hog and look for an Axl Slash interview

Nitpicking?  Seriously?  18

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i don't even think dj should be in the band

but he is the go-to guy if you're gonna interview anyone in the band
he's the best at it out of them all
he's actually very good at it, tbf

He's not in the band.  He has zero wrting credits on the album.  I'm guessing he doesn't even appear on the record (though I don't recall the timing of it all).  That's not the guy you want representing the band, unless you want to cement the idea that it isn't really a band at all.

I don't mind DJ.  I don't.  I get that he is media savvy to a point, but he also says some stupid shit and spends too much time plugging things other than GnR.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Over/Under Cheesy/Corny/Uncomfortable moments in this interview? (on interviewers end)

I got the number set at 3

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Lomax wrote:

Loaded opening for GNR ???...

hehe. Excellent. Fucking yes. This is the post GNR world I envisioned. Yes!

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am a little concerned that DJ is being leaned on so much for promotion.  He's the newest guy and he's not even 100% committed to this band since he is very active in other ventures.  Tommy should have been doing the interview with Axl if anybody was going to be.

Tommy would be fine too, but DJ is just this type of guy. He's born to play rock and give interviews. Neither Finck, Bucket or anyone else would do better than DJ. Ron is a great guy, but was never a real GNR media PR guy, he's the fan-guy, the dude who hangs out with us and plays tunes. DJ is a good choice. We haven't ha a guy like this in this band since 93, and it's about fucking time someone knew how to talk to the media. DJ does.

AtariLegend wrote:

Loaded playing shows with GNR???

Fucking cool. Wonder if that's a definite or maybe.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
DCK wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I am a little concerned that DJ is being leaned on so much for promotion.  He's the newest guy and he's not even 100% committed to this band since he is very active in other ventures.  Tommy should have been doing the interview with Axl if anybody was going to be.

Tommy would be fine too, but DJ is just this type of guy. He's born to play rock and give interviews. Neither Finck, Bucket or anyone else would do better than DJ. Ron is a great guy, but was never a real GNR media PR guy, he's the fan-guy, the dude who hangs out with us and plays tunes. DJ is a good choice. We haven't ha a guy like this in this band since 93, and it's about fucking time someone knew how to talk to the media. DJ does.

So you have no concerns that he's pimping everything?

Board footer