You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: November 2: Atlanta @ Philips Arena

Intercourse wrote:

Slash - the man that will not die!!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The crowd in that vid seemed really on!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I really liked My Generation!  Tommy threw his bass off stage... 

The drum sound is huge...  Good setlist, but I actually saw people sleeping they were so tired...

Sky Dog wrote:

yep...can't figure out why he can't come on at 10pm....makes a WORLD of difference...especially on a weeknight.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Talking to dude now that left after NR, had to work, he actually didn't like the show and just said, "I don't like the guitar player that acted like Slash"... Its a problem....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Talking to dude now that left after NR, had to work, he actually didn't like the show and just said, "I don't like the guitar player that acted like Slash"... Its a problem....

Sorry, when you're an idiot you're an idiot and DJ shouldn't or can't change his looks just because people struggle to reach an IQ level of 55 and leaves in the middle of November Rain. You can't please people like that. I'm sure he left in 2002 too, when Buckethead was in the band and he "looked too freaky to be a guitar player".

Buckethead was too little GNR of the past and now DJ is too much like GNR of the past?

God allmighty...

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
madagas wrote:

yep...can't figure out why he can't come on at 10pm....makes a WORLD of difference...especially on a weeknight.

This. It really makes no sense and as much as some people say that's Axl so just deal with it, it does hurt EVERY show. It really does. When you play a  2 hour plus set and you're starting at 11pm people are fucking wiped out by the time it ends. The energy drops in the crowd  mid way through the show, a lot of people do leave. I remember the show in calgary, January 2010 and it was a great show but nobody was cheering for an encore. PC hadn't even been played and the place was emptying out cause it was TOO late.   I just saw Foo Fighters(yeah I know they aren't Gn'R) last week. They came on at 9:00pm and rocked the sold out(18 000) place for a full 3 hours. A three hour show and we were done by midnight. Nobody had left and people were screaming for more.

I honestly don't get Axl's mentality when it comes to this.

BUT at least the shows are going off well.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sorry, when you're an idiot you're an idiot and DJ shouldn't or can't change his looks just because people struggle to reach an IQ level of 55 and leaves in the middle of November Rain. You can't please people like that. I'm sure he left in 2002 too, when Buckethead was in the band and he "looked too freaky to be a guitar player".

Buckethead was too little GNR of the past and now DJ is too much like GNR of the past?

God allmighty...

Ummm.... the dude said he had to work and didn't like the show. he didn't like DJ. That makes his IQ only 55? I fucking hated watching Robin on stage so would that make my IQ 55?  Like I just said Gn'R concerts start way too late. Yes thats' the way it is but it's just too late and if people aren't enjoying the show they are entitled to leave if that's how they feel. Doesnt' make them any less smart. Funny how if the reviews are positive it's god given proof of how great the band is and how wonderful everything is in Gn'R land but if someone voices their opinion that doesn't put the band on a  pedestal their a fucking moreon with an IQ of 55?

I don't get it.  hmm

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

God allmighty...

It's a no win situation with some people. 

Ali

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

"I" liked the show, but "everyone" in that place cringed when DJ put the cigarette at the end of his guitar, pulled out the gold top, etc... Its just a lil too much...  One of the guitars looked just like his Appetite Sig model.  I am just noting what people were saying, and most were like, "that dude is trying too hard to act like slash". 

My friend thought Axl sounded fine, but, didn't like all the BS instrumentals (that aren't that entertaining) that made the show DRAG on forever... I left at 2:00 am, madagas, am I right with my time here?  Anyway, good show overall!  Really was...

Board footer