You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: November 2: Atlanta @ Philips Arena

RussTCB wrote:

removed

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Bono wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Talking to dude now that left after NR, had to work, he actually didn't like the show and just said, "I don't like the guitar player that acted like Slash"... Its a problem....

Sorry, when you're an idiot you're an idiot and DJ shouldn't or can't change his looks just because people struggle to reach an IQ level of 55 and leaves in the middle of November Rain. You can't please people like that. I'm sure he left in 2002 too, when Buckethead was in the band and he "looked too freaky to be a guitar player".

Buckethead was too little GNR of the past and now DJ is too much like GNR of the past?

God allmighty...

Ummm.... the dude said he had to work and didn't like the show. he didn't like DJ. That makes his IQ only 55? I fucking hated watching Robin on stage so would that make my IQ 55?  Like I just said Gn'R concerts start way too late. Yes thats' the way it is but it's just too late and if people aren't enjoying the show they are entitled to leave if that's how they feel. Doesnt' make them any less smart. Funny how if the reviews are positive it's god given proof of how great the band is and how wonderful everything is in Gn'R land but if someone voices their opinion that doesn't put the band on a  pedestal their a fucking moreon with an IQ of 55?

I don't get it.  hmm

I'll try again.

The dude left early because he appearantly did not like the guy that looked and acted like Slash. He also had job the next morning, which is a whole other debate to do.

So, people don't like it when freaky aliens are playing guitar, but also don't like it if someone dressed up more like a rock n roller like DJ Ashba does.

So which is a successfull "image" then? I mean, so people won't bitch about bucket and masks or looking too much like Slash.

Can't please all. Maybe just a t-shirt and a regular hair cut will do.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He left due to work.  Had to drive back to birmingham, AL which is 2.5 hours away.  I think he is dedicated enough fan.  He noted he didn't like watching a Slash Poser.  The Slash Poser is NOT the reason he left.  He said Axl "still got it" on the vocals, performance, etc...

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Nobody bitches about Fortus or Bumble... They also don't play up the slash image either... thing is, DJ is a Slash fan, so, its normal for fans to emulate their idols.

DCK

DCK wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Talking to dude now that left after NR, had to work, he actually didn't like the show and just said, "I don't like the guitar player that acted like Slash"... Its a problem....

A couple of things;

I really can see why people get pissed off about the late start times, but I stick by my thought on it: It is what it is. Axl's going to go on when he feels like it and if you don't like it, don't go. I don't say that to anyone here in particular, I say that to the concert going public. When people complain to me about it, I always say the same thing "I'm not saying it's right or justified, I'm saying it is" So if some dude had to work in the morning and left after November Rain, I can dig that. Dude's got things to do, ya know?

I've seen GNR, Motley Crue several times, a lot of rock bands, famous or semi famous. Not once did I go to one of those shows and plan work the next day. I made arrangements. Knowing I had to go to work at 7am and knowing Axl's bedtime, it's just not working out if you wanna be all "I need my sleep". Depends on your work and all, in my work these days I can come around 10am and leave later on. In other jobs you can't. I know a friend of mine usually just took a vacation day the next day after a concert. It's a big thing, you wanna have a good time. Work the next day just puts me off. I always make it work.

DCK

DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Nobody bitches about Fortus or Bumble... They also don't play up the slash image either... thing is, DJ is a Slash fan, so, its normal for fans to emulate their idols.

Fortus looks like Izzy, that's what people say. But looking like Izzy is "cute" or "cool".

Looking like Slash however it's "how the fuck dare you".

Sky Dog wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

"I" liked the show, but "everyone" in that place cringed when DJ put the cigarette at the end of his guitar, pulled out the gold top, etc... Its just a lil too much...  One of the guitars looked just like his Appetite Sig model.  I am just noting what people were saying, and most were like, "that dude is trying too hard to act like slash". 

My friend thought Axl sounded fine, but, didn't like all the BS instrumentals (that aren't that entertaining) that made the show DRAG on forever... I left at 2:00 am, madagas, am I right with my time here?  Anyway, good show overall!  Really was...

It was way late...nobody around me really paid attention to DJ. I know I didn't. People that stayed were there to see Axl and he delivered. The rest of the stuff is just old tired arguments. The visuals were cool and Axl rocked. We had fun.:beer:

Sky Dog wrote:
DCK wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Fortus looks like Izzy, that's what people say. But looking like Izzy is "cute" or "cool".

Looking like Slash however it's "how the fuck dare you".

Richard is Izzy on steroids and stiff as a board, they are way different players...Izzy/Fortus is way different than DJ aping Slash.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I already knew about DJ, so I accepted a Slash free GNR going into it.  I had a fantastic time!!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer