You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Nashville,TN Dec 4th Bridgestone Arena

Bono wrote:

I gotta say the reaction of the crowd when the Cool Hand Luke sample starts is pretty great.  It' not overly fair to compare this to Slash's pro shot dvd clip though now that I think about it. Still having said that Slash is playing the best he ever has. Axl is the best he's been since the Illusion tour but not his best ever(in my opinion). Obviously it's more difficult to keep your voice 20 years on so....

Myles sounds awesome in the begining but then he goes so high pitched Whats; he doing that's not his actual voice. It sounds like a  cheap Axl impersonation. he should stop it and just sing it his own way.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

I gotta say the reaction of the crowd when the Cool Hand Luke sample starts is pretty great.  It' not overly fair to compare this to Slash's pro shot dvd clip though now that I think about it. Still having said that Slash is playing the best he ever has. Axl is the best he's been since the Illusion tour but not his best ever(in my opinion). Obviously it's more difficult to keep your voice 20 years on so....

Myles sounds awesome in the begining but then he goes so high pitched Whats; he doing that's not his actual voice. It sounds like a  cheap Axl impersonation. he should stop it and just sing it his own way.

Have you heard the Brownstone impression? Makes me want to rip out my eardrums. Most awful vocal sound EVER. He ruined arguably my favorite Guns song. At least Axl can still sing the fuck out of it though. 9

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Bono wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between what we saw in 2000-2007 and what we've been seeing since 2010.

Speak for yourself, I completely disagree. I've seen nothing but solid performances the entire time. However I don't nit pick like other board peeps do either.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Cramer wrote:
Bono wrote:

There is a HUGE difference between what we saw in 2000-2007 and what we've been seeing since 2010.

Speak for yourself, I completely disagree. I've seen nothing but solid performances the entire time. However I don't nit pick like other board peeps do either.

Wow. You're so right your opinions are so much more objective because I nitpick and have the nerve to compare the shows I actually saw over that entire time frame, not to mention boots I've seen. I guess according to you I need to think it's been out of this world amazing for the entire 11 years and how dare I fucking think what is currently going on is so much better.  Yeah I nitpick. I'm an asshole.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I was really hoping that Axl would start singing this again.  I hope I get to hear it in Vegas.  Each boot I watch I get more excited!

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Slash's guitar playing is definitely better on Civil War, but if there's one thing missing other than Axl's voice, it's Dizzy's piano.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Rex wrote:

Slash's guitar playing is definitely better on Civil War, but if there's one thing missing other than Axl's voice, it's Dizzy's piano.

You know what, that stood out to me as well but I thought the opposite.I like it better without the piano

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I don't think the songs are going to sound much better than the guy who created the music. That's what the "feel" is. There's no duplicating it. Even though I liked Bucket's Nightrain's and Robin's SCOM solos better than the originals, they still weren't as good because they didn't have that feel... If that makes any sense. Slash plays the fuck out of his music. No denying it.

johndivney wrote:
Bono wrote:

I gotta speak my  honest truth as well and YES Axl sings G'R songs way better than Myles but at the same time Slash sounds so much better on the Gn'R songs than the new Guns N Roses. It is kinda funny how ecstatic everyone is about Civil War when Slash has been kicking that songs ass for a while now. It's an Axl thing though obviously.

interesting point.
i agree w/you re: slash sounding better & axl & myles.
i seen slash live last year & he did CW & he sounded incredible & the crowd went biccies - like there was a collective 'holy shit' gasp before a massive surge & mosh to celebrate.
but maybe he'd get the same reaction if he was playing to 6-9000 per gig.. but he's not..
& people love that song. anyone i know who knows GnR for better or worse, CW seems to be one of those that is universally loved.. & rightly so. it's been away from a GnR set & Axl's voice too long . that alone should be reason to set aside your curmudgeonly suspicions & celebrate the peace it brings. the fanbase doesn't need it's civil war anymore let's celebrate what we got..

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

though I liked Robin's SCOM solo better than the original If that makes any sense.

no.
it doesn't. mad

Board footer