You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Nashville,TN Dec 4th Bridgestone Arena

-D- wrote:

Listened to SLash and Myles Civil War and I used to think it kicked ass til I heard Axl sing it a gain.
not even close.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:

Nice review mate

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

D, Atlanta was awesome, but, it ALWAYS is going to sound better in person, its so loud and its been mixed really well on this tour.

In Detroit the other night, my friend was at the show.  He said by the end so many people had left, it was a shitty crowd to begin with, and the set list blew.  He did say the band was tight, but lacked the star power and all they had to focus on was Axl.  So you can't make everyone happy, but everyone agrees Axl sounds great!

-D-

-D- wrote:

This GNR concert reminded me a lot of when i saw Velvet Revolver

I went to see VR to see Slash and Duff ended up watching Scott all night

Last night.. I prob watched DJ 50 percent of the time. prob cause he was constantly up in our faces on the rail. but I had to remind myself a lot to watch Axl.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

D, Atlanta was awesome, but, it ALWAYS is going to sound better in person, its so loud and its been mixed really well on this tour.

In Detroit the other night, my friend was at the show.  He said by the end so many people had left, it was a shitty crowd to begin with, and the set list blew.  He did say the band was tight, but lacked the star power and all they had to focus on was Axl.  So you can't make everyone happy, but everyone agrees Axl sounds great!

Sounds like your friend, like some of my friends, won't like anyone outside of Slash playing guitar in GNR.  It's not a uncommon sentiment.  DJ, Ron, and Richard hold their weight quite well in my mind, but some people won't allow themselves to see or believe that.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Sounds like your friend, like some of my friends, won't like anyone outside of Slash playing guitar in GNR.  It's not a uncommon sentiment.  DJ, Ron, and Richard hold their weight quite well in my mind, but some people won't allow themselves to see or believe that.

Funny that it's almost a must here to miss Axl and trash Myles, when Slash is playing his ass off, yet when Axl is playing his ass off, then everbody has to be exstatic - mentioning that it's great, but not the real deal is almost forbidden. Although Myles sings these songs at least as good as the current musicians play them.

Anyway, it's great to see them, especially Axl rocking again! 5

-D-

-D- wrote:

I love Myles and Slash but Myles is nowhere near Axl on Civil War.

Not hating or being prisoner of the moment.. just speaking my honest,truthful opinion.

Only thing of the new band i don't like is Richard's NR solo.. he butchers the fuck out of it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I gotta speak my  honest truth as well and YES Axl sings G'R songs way better than Myles but at the same time Slash sounds so much better on the Gn'R songs than the new Guns N Roses. It is kinda funny how ecstatic everyone is about Civil War when Slash has been kicking that songs ass for a while now. It's an Axl thing though obviously.

Having said all that the Civil War performance was great. Axl sounds awesome,  and as great as the band is I do think the music in the Slash clips sounds better though.   People can mock the "feeling" argument all they want but the flat out truth is Slash does something on the old songs that others cant do. As incredible as the new guys are and as technically identical as they can try to make them "IT" just isn't there the way it is when Slash plays it.  Not only can you hear it but you can feel it. Call it cheesey but it is true

Sounds like you had a wicked time -D-

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Sou. However you can't deny the power behind these performances, they are a show not to be missed. Funny the media is just starting to realize what we've known for the last decade now. Welcome to the party...

There is a HUGE difference between what we saw in 2000-2007 and what we've been seeing since 2010.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
-D- wrote:

Listened to SLash and Myles Civil War and I used to think it kicked ass til I heard Axl sing it a gain.
not even close.

Just saw some video of it and Axl had some helium creeping into the higher notes, but it's still much better than listening to Myles.

Board footer