You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: Robin vs. DJ Ashba

-D- wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Is Slash a shit guitarist? He had how many years working on the next GNR album, was it 3? What about Buckethead, is he a shit guitarist?

Ridiculous reasoning there D.

Ask yourself this question:

How many years did it take Slash Izzy and Duff to write all the music for Appetite? 1 year if that?

how long did it take Slash to write NR and Estranged solos?

Slash has an undeniable pedigree that has afforded him the right to take as long as he wants now. If he never struck another chord on the guitar, his legacy is safe.

Robin doesn't have that pedigree. He has essentially had his entire life to write/workout riffs/songs.

Writing credits are also misleading ESPECIALLY when u factor in CD is a very underwhelming guitar driven album.

If u take Axl off CD and just listened to it instrumentally, u would turn it off in about 5mins.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
-D- wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Is Slash a shit guitarist? He had how many years working on the next GNR album, was it 3? What about Buckethead, is he a shit guitarist?

Ridiculous reasoning there D.

Ask yourself this question:

How many years did it take Slash Izzy and Duff to write all the music for Appetite? 1 year if that?

how long did it take Slash to write NR and Estranged solos?

Slash has an undeniable pedigree that has afforded him the right to take as long as he wants now. If he never struck another chord on the guitar, his legacy is safe.

Robin doesn't have that pedigree. He has essentially had his entire life to write/workout riffs/songs.

Writing credits are also misleading ESPECIALLY when u factor in CD is a very underwhelming guitar driven album.

If u take Axl off CD and just listened to it instrumentally, u would turn it off in about 5mins.

Just because it's not guitar driven doesn't mean it's a boring album instrumentally.  If you listen on some good headphones you'll hear something new every time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Its nothing to do with pedigree. Your blaming the delay of releasing the last GNR album on Robin, when a fucking army of musicians and producers have came and gone since 93, Slash included, when Axl started trying to make the next GNR album. Its ridiculous, Robin had nowt to do with the delay.

-D-

-D- wrote:

If he was unable to produce A+ quality GNR material as the lead guitarist, Yes, a lot of the blame lies on the entire band, not just Axl.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

There is no evidence that Robin was the cause of any delays. In fact, one could argue that Bucket was responsible for more delays than Finck.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Rex wrote:

Just because it's not guitar driven doesn't mean it's a boring album instrumentally.  If you listen on some good headphones you'll hear something new every time.

but by nature GnR is a guitar driven band, being a guitarist yourself you cant say that a piano/synth driven song is more satisfying than a guitar driven track...or maybe you can...i dunno...me personally its guitars that turn my crank

-D-

-D- wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Rex wrote:

but by nature GnR is a guitar driven band, being a guitarist yourself you cant say that a piano/synth driven song is more satisfying than a guitar driven track...or maybe you can...i dunno...me personally its guitars that turn my crank

Better example

lets say Slash didn't have those Epic Solos on November Rain ok?

NOW, does he get ANY credit for playing a few distorted power chords? Of course not.

Robin's writing credits are for playing chords and throwing out some above avg guitar solos.

His involvement outside of "Better" hardly was make or break for the other songs.

take him off SOD,TIL,TWAT and u get a better guitar player very likely making those songs even better. Bucket on TIL would've been 100000000000 times better.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

I'd love to have heard what BH could bring to TIL.. I might actually listen it then,

Board footer