You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: December 16, Key Arena- Seattle, WA

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

bono, i posted the same poll on www.gnrevolution.com

no, i didn't but after carefully reading others' posts i achieved the same results as if i had.

i found that everybody here agrees with you, little buddy.

you dont need to keep stressing the same point.

Nice.  Yeah, I've never said ANY of the CD era members should be inducted.  And honestly I don't recall many people making that case, if any.  People, me included, are just saying that CD has played a role in GNR's history.  I'm not saying it's necessarily a good role, but it's there for better or worse. 

And I still hold to the belief that it did keep the GNR name out there.  Sure, it was mostly for us forum geeks.  But if you check out "Chinese Whispers" you'll see that there were quite a few articles, interviews, etc. written about the whole saga over the years.  There was a fair amount of interest.  And again, I'll agree it became a joke FAST.  But to just brush it aside as if nobody ever paid attention or noticed the whole situation, I don't think is entirely fair.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Brian Johnson, Mick Jagger, Eddie Vedder, Greg Allman, Dave Matthews.

I'll give you Eddie Vedder.  The others I haven't seen in person, but I'll take your word for it.  As misterID pointed out though, that's not a very long list. 

MOST shows I go to, bands play for about 90 minutes, and there may even be a solo thrown in there.  So again, Axl's certainly not singing for 3 hours, but what he is doing is still pretty damn impressive.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

bono, i posted the same poll on www.gnrevolution.com

no, i didn't but after carefully reading others' posts i achieved the same results as if i had.

i found that everybody here agrees with you, little buddy.

you dont need to keep stressing the same point.

If people keep asking the same question then my answer be will be the same little buddy. People dont' want the same answers stop asking  the same questions

Oh and I'm positive the only reason hardcore fans feel CD is what kept Gn'R in the public eye is it's like byuying a  new car. You don't see anyone else owning that type of car but on the way home from the dealership  that's all you see. Hardcore fans are so intune with the whole CD saga that even the slightest , slightest mention of CD or Buckethead or whatever sticks out as though it were a front page headline where as the rest fot he world just thought "meh"  or didn't even notice it to begin with.  I mean hardcore Gn'R fans probably see Shaq's name in print and instantly think  "oh yeah I remember rumors he was gonna be on CD"  where as the rest of the world thinks "too bad him and Kobe couldnt co exist"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Go to a Widespread Panic or Allman Brothers, or Skynyrd concert, Axl isn't the only hard working singer around, but he does usually put on a great show.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Go to a Widespread Panic or Allman Brothers, or Skynyrd concert, Axl isn't the only hard working singer around, but he does usually put on a great show.

I never said he was.  I was just basing it off of shows I have seen.  For instance I know Bruce Springsteen used to put on marathon shows.  And I actually sat through/fell asleep during one of them.  GNR and Axl put on long shows compared to most bands, regardless of solos, instrumentals, jams, etc.  I'll stand by that statement.  You naming 5 bands/artists doesn't change that.

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:

Nice.  Yeah, I've never said ANY of the CD era members should be inducted.  And honestly I don't recall many people making that case, if any.  People, me included, are just saying that CD has played a role in GNR's history.  I'm not saying it's necessarily a good role, but it's there for better or worse. 

And I still hold to the belief that it did keep the GNR name out there.  Sure, it was mostly for us forum geeks.  But if you check out "Chinese Whispers" you'll see that there were quite a few articles, interviews, etc. written about the whole saga over the years.  There was a fair amount of interest.  And again, I'll agree it became a joke FAST.  But to just brush it aside as if nobody ever paid attention or noticed the whole situation, I don't think is entirely fair.

read the thread. Saikin asked if the new guys should get in. That's why I'm reiterating my opinion on the subject.

Nobody is denying that CD plays a part in the story of Guns N' Roses but it's a total after thought and the idea that the members in the band during the CD era contributed to keeping Gn'R in the public eye is ridiculous. The myth around the album is what had people's interest. Not who was playing drums cause all people knew was it was Axl and a bunch of guys.  Honestly Robin Finck contributed to keeping Gn'R in the public eye? Not a fucking chance.  DJ and Ron have contributed more than both Robin and Bucket did in terms of keeping Gn'R at the forfront and it would be insane to suggest it's because of them people still talk about Gn'R. 

People talked about CD because Axl said he was making an album and then never did.... untill he did.  It had nothing to do with who was involved. It had more to do with who wasn't involved to be honest.

faldor

faldor wrote:

Alright, I guess I agree with you then.

See that wasn't so hard.

Also, pardon me for not following this annoyingly long back and forth thread with extreme precision.  It makes my head hurt.

Bono

Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I never said he was.  I was just basing it off of shows I have seen.  For instance I know Bruce Springsteen used to put on marathon shows.  And I actually sat through/fell asleep during one of them.  GNR and Axl put on long shows compared to most bands, regardless of solos, instrumentals, jams, etc.  I'll stand by that statement.  You naming 5 bands/artists doesn't change that.

Pearl Jam, U2, Foo Fighters all bands I've seen this year who perform anywhere between 2.5-3 hours on a  nightly basis with nowhere near the amount of solos and Jams that Gn'R put in. The Cure does it as well.

I'd say most shows run about 90-120 minutes though. Axl is doing great but he is kinda only performing for just over 2 hours with the amount of solos and jams thrown in. What Axl does is impressive though because he sounds fucking awesome at almost 50 years old.  I've never felt Axl phones in a performance other than Rio this year.  When he hist the stage you know you're getting his bet effort.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pearl Jam, U2, Foo Fighters all bands I've seen this year who perform anywhere between 2.5-3 hours on a  nightly basis with nowhere near the amount of solos and Jams that Gn'R put in. The Cure does it as well.

I'd say most shows run about 90-120 minutes though. Axl is doing great but he is kinda only performing for just over 2 hours with the amount of solos and jams thrown in. What Axl does is impressive though because he sounds fucking awesome at almost 50 years old.  I've never felt Axl phones in a performance other than Rio this year.  When he hist the stage you know you're getting his bet effort.

Agreed.  I didn't mean to make it sound like Axl was the only performer in the world who could put on 2-3 hour shows.  Obviously he's not, but I do believe he's in the upper tier when it comes to such a thing.  And again, it seems like he's kicking it up a notch on this tour.  I just thought saying that he ONLY performs for 2 hours was a bit harsh.

Board footer