You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Neemo wrote:

^so does that effectively rule out Adler, Sorum, Dizzy and Gilby then? 16

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was just joking with you, neemo. I know you guys don't like people dissing him. I don't have anything against DJ wink

Bono, as of right now, Gilby and DJ have recorded the same amount of material for GN'R. Zero. Last I've seen, touring musicians don't count. Or if he was an Izzy stand in. Or played on some cover songs. That's the extent of it. If Gilby was let back in the band today, and he was a current, productive member, then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

It just makes no sense to me to see Buckethead or Robin or Richard or Frank or Brain or Chris Pitman being inducted. I mean c'mon Chris Pitman inducted as Guns N' Roses?  That's why I think you gotta draw the line at TSI at the very least.  I honestly think the best thing is to induct

Axl
Slash
Duff
Izzy
Steven
&
Matt
Dizzy

That's it. Those are the guys who are the ones who truely contributed to the success and legacy of Guns N' Roses and as much as people dislike Matt he's more intergral to the Illuison era than Dizzy was. There isn't anything Dizzy played on the albums that Axl could not have and nothing Dizzy does live is a neccesity. So if Dizzy is in Matt gets in for sure whether you like him or not.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I know MrID smile

i just checke ascap

Adler has royalties on pretty much everything from AFD and Lies
Dizzy and Sorum have a credit on So Fine... thats it from the UYI stuff
Gilby has none

misterID

misterID wrote:

Problem is, GN'R carried on past TSI?.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

I was just joking with you, neemo. I know you guys don't like people dissing him. I don't have anything against DJ wink

Bono, as of right now, Gilby and DJ have recorded the same amount of material for GN'R. Zero. Last I've seen, touring musicians don't count. Or if he was an Izzy stand in. Or played on some cover songs. That's the extent of it. If Gilby was let back in the band today, and he was a current, productive member, then I wouldn't see a problem with it.

That's bullshit. Gilby recorded on a  Guns N' Roses album called The Spaghetti Incident. Also he's on their officially released live album and live dvd's.

And what membesr of the band today are productive other than touring?  Seems a pretty big double standard here when it comes to Gilby. Going by your theory here Ron and Richard should be inducted before Gilby and that's ridiculous.

I'm not  saying Gilby should get in but the way he's dismissed over preference for the new guys who have done nothing to contribute to the nomination let alone induction of Gn'R is insane.  Like if Gilby came back now in place of Richard you'd be ok with him being inducted? Where's the logic in that?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Problem is GN'R died when Izzy Stradlin quit. 15

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's bullshit. Gilby recorded on a  Guns N' Roses album called The Spaghetti Incident. Also he's on their officially released live album and live dvd's.

And what membesr of the band today are productive other than touring?  Seems a pretty big double standard here when it comes to Gilby. Going by your theory here Ron and Richard should be inducted before Gilby and that's ridiculous.

I'm not  saying Gilby should get in but the way he's dismissed over preference for the new guys who have done nothing to contribute to the nomination let alone induction of Gn'R is insane.  Like if Gilby came back now in place of Richard you'd be ok with him being inducted? Where's the logic in that?

Y'all should stop bickering over Gilby and Axl's new employees. I say fuck 'em all. AFD lineup or bust. smile

misterID

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Gilby didn't record a single original note with the band. On the live album he's credited as an additional musician, not a band member.

Richard should definitely be inducted over Gilby. Like I've said, his biggest reason to be inducted was that he shared the stage with Slash and Duff.

If Gilby was in the band now, touring, he'd be an active, productive, current member of the band. He'd be in.

Who I'd expect to be at the ceremony:

Axl
Slash
Izzy
Duff
Steven
Matt
Tommy
Chris
Richard
Ron
Frank
DJ
Dizzy

I would figure the original 5 do the speeches. But I'm sure Matt would throw a fit to give his induction speech, too. And they'd probably let Dizzy talk.

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Actually, I remember when Izzy quit, they carried on and still kicked ass wink

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Actually, I remember when Izzy quit, they carried on and still kicked ass wink

How much new material did they create in the studio without him? Zilch. A covers album doesn't count. And Chinese Democracy is an Axl Rose solo project with help from a bunch of talented employees.

Board footer