You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

metallex78 wrote:

28 pages later, the event is 3-4 months away  and now we're talking about Bon Jovi...:nervous:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Bono wrote:
misterID wrote:

Well, good Lord, Axlin, you could call Bono, Bowie, Robert Smith, etc., all trend chasers then. Almost every album they did had a different sound to them. And Axl said he didn't think of music or songs in terms of "hard" or "soft", and to me anyway, his was a natural progression, because I don't hear one forced song on CD, where it seems he was making a hard rock song for the sake of needing a rocker. CD is one of my favorite GN'R rock songs, btw. CD really flows for me. TWAT, TIL, ITW, The Blues, IRS, Prostitute, CITR, totally natural to me.

None of the guys I mentioned ever used different music elements to try and sound modern, or keep up with trends like some bands; they did it because that was the music that influenced and touched them, like Punk, R&B, Classic Rock did for them initially. Chasing trends calls them a poser. And none of those guys are posers. One of things I'm impressed most about Axl is how he dived into synths and beats, mastered it and made it his own. I'm sure Axl knew he was going to take a hit by doing it. 

Totally offensive to say it was a jump the shark moment, imo.

That highlighted part is exactly the opposite of how I feel and likely a  huge reason why I don't like the album all that much. I find the album to be incredibly forced. It's trying way to hard on way too many levels. Over production, too many guitar layers, over produced vocals, too many vocal layers, too many industrial aspects that don't fit or seemingly come out of nowhere.  .

My problem with CD has always been it has glimpses of brilliance lost in a  haze of medicore music with way too much going on. So much of CD in my opinion is pointless.  It's completely forced, trying to be too many things at once.  The album is being forced into being epic and it falls incredibly flat in that apsect. 

All in my jaded, hatefull opinion though of course.  tongue

I have my own problems with too much going on, but I'd never use the term mediocre on anyones playing on the album.

Would I love to hear the album with just the band; ie: Buckethead, Robin, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, Richard and Brain? Hell yeah. But the endless tinkering hasn't done anything to diminish the great music I hear on there. I think the album is brilliant. But the way it was mixed really hides some shining moments. Hearing the instrumental tracks really highlights it to me; some Robin guitar, and some of the synths and "industrial" moments are the coolest parts of the songs and most of them are buried. But in no way do I consider the album flat, forced, or whatever.

But that's just my rose colored, fanboy opinion 16  j/k

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

28 pages later, the event is 3-4 months away  and now we're talking about Bon Jovi...:nervous:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Will Tracii Guns be there? That is the question.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

^ if he buys a ticket 16

johndivney wrote:

he has every right to be there is matt does
i mean slash p much stole all his pre-written riffs for afd ffs!!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Okay fuck it I want everyone there.

Axl Rose
Slash
Duff McKagan
Izzy Stradlin
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed
Tommy Stinston
Robin Finck
Buckethead
Bumblefoot
Chris Pitman
Paul Tobias
Richard Fortus
Brain
Ole Beich
Tracii Guns
Gilby Clarke
Rob Gardner
DJ Ashba
Frank Ferrer
Josh Freese

Best Induction Ceremony Ever. 11

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

Okay fuck it I want everyone there.

Axl Rose
Slash
Duff McKagan
Izzy Stradlin
Steven Adler
Matt Sorum
Dizzy Reed
Tommy Stinston
Robin Finck
Buckethead
Bumblefoot
Chris Pitman
Paul Tobias
Richard Fortus
Brain
Ole Beich
Tracii Guns
Gilby Clarke
Rob Gardner
DJ Ashba
Frank Ferrer
Josh Freese
Tracy & Raberta big_smile
Best Induction Ceremony Ever. 11

johndivney wrote:

paul defo needs inducted that'd be fucked if he weren't

& maybe west arkeen (RIP)  tbf he's written more GnR material than most/

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
johndivney wrote:

he has every right to be there is matt does
i mean slash p much stole all his pre-written riffs for afd ffs!!

Slash stole it? 10 Maybe the band. I don't think Slash would have wanted to play anything Tracii wrote. BTW Tracii didn't write that much with the band in that 'legendary two months'. The only song he was complaining about not getting credit was Don't Cry. An Axl/Izzy song... Here you go.

Anyway, Tracii shouldn't be inducted. What's next, Rob Gardner? It's a tragedy that Axl turned this band into a Championship Manager type of situation. Even fans are always thinking about selling and singing players. 17

Board footer