You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Sky Dog wrote:

The Faces are incredible...there will be some kick ass collaborations.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

As for calling tejastech a fucking moron.  I was wrong about that and apologise.  I misread your post.  But I still stand by what I said that Kiss, Rush and Maiden should've been first ballot entries as well.

Thank you for the apology. Glad you see where I'm coming from now. I agree they should have made it in on the first ballot. Hopefully they will get in at some point. As bad as those situations are, Deep Purple might be the worst screwjob of all. I had a History of Rock and Roll class in college and when the teacher got to the section on heavy metal, she credited Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Purple as the three grandfathers who paved the way for everyone else. Zeppelin and Sabbath are in, so Purple should also be in and should have been in on the first ballot.

Hell!  Even Ozzy as a solo artist ain't even in.  And I agree about Purple.  The Hall is a joke as far as I'm concerned.  And wether you like em or not even Jovi should've gone in last year.  This year's class is very strong with GNR, Chili and Beastie Boys though.  Makes you wonder who'll go last.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

As for calling tejastech a fucking moron.  I was wrong about that and apologise.  I misread your post.  But I still stand by what I said that Kiss, Rush and Maiden should've been first ballot entries as well.

Thank you for the apology. Glad you see where I'm coming from now. I agree they should have made it in on the first ballot. Hopefully they will get in at some point. As bad as those situations are, Deep Purple might be the worst screwjob of all. I had a History of Rock and Roll class in college and when the teacher got to the section on heavy metal, she credited Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Purple as the three grandfathers who paved the way for everyone else. Zeppelin and Sabbath are in, so Purple should also be in and should have been in on the first ballot.

Hell!  Even Ozzy as a solo artist ain't even in.  And I agree about Purple.  The Hall is a joke as far as I'm concerned.  And wether you like em or not even Jovi should've gone in last year.  This year's class is very strong with GNR, Chili and Beastie Boys though.  Makes you wonder who'll go last.

It'll be Guns, simply because of the controversy factor. There is more curiosity about them right now than the other inductees because they've had one of the most drawn out and bitter feuds of the last 20 years. People wonder who will show up? Will it be a trainwreck like Van Halen? Will they actually reunite and play some songs together?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

I think they'll play together.  Axl will be there.  Will this lead to a full reunion?  Most likely not though.  But speaking of who could be there.  What about the Peppers?  Will Frusciante show up?  Will Navarro show up?  What about The Faces?  Will Stewart show up?  Could be an interesting year.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

I think they'll play together.  Axl will be there.  Will this lead to a full reunion?  Most likely not though.  But speaking of who could be there.  What about the Peppers?  Will Frusciante show up?  Will Navarro show up?  What about The Faces?  Will Stewart show up?  Could be an interesting year.

Stewart has apparently said he wants to reunite at the ceremony. Would be cool to see, even though Rod has become a joke. Dude sold out like Aerosmith. Plus his plastic surgery is gross. Back in the day, though, he was a kickass rock star. The Chili Peppers situation is interesting. I'd be surprised if they don't reunite. I never got the vibe that they were the types to hold grudges. We all know the only guy in Guns still holding the grudge is Axl. He's crazy enough to do it. Like Adler says, Axl is holding a 20 year grudge and probably doesn't even remember WHY the grudge started in the first place. I just hope that if he doesn't perform, they don't allow Myles to ruin those songs.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Hmm. That's kind of interesting. Would you be ok with Axl doing a thank you like this: "Thank you to Buckethead, Brain, Josh, Robin and of course the current members of Guns N' Roses for helping me keep this thing going"

For sure. I mean had they actually released three albums (new era GN'R and had some success) I might say well that era should get a camera pan.

It should really be about the seven guys: Axl, Izzy, Slash, Duff, Steven, Dizzy and Matt.

None of that two drum kit shit either, that is cheesy. Just have Steven do the Appetite and Matt the UYI.

I understand the line of thinking that the CD era has no business being represented.  The only reason I think it does deserve recognition is, as Russ alluded to, GNR has carried on since 1995.  Obviously you can debate the importance of GNR since then, but Axl is still out there doing his thing under the GNR banner.  Now I am in no way saying anyone post 1991 should be INDUCTED to the Hall, but I don't think it would hurt to have those guys there in attendance or even to perform.  Obviously I'd completely understand if that doesn't happen, because a large majority could care less about those guys, but I'd like to see it.

It might also temper the inevitable GNR reunion rumors that are sure to follow, though probably not.  It's impossible to slow down that never ending monstrosity.

Sky Dog wrote:

Matt and Dizzy had ZERO writing credits on the Illusions...the definition of hired hands. Original 5.....that is all.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

Matt and Dizzy had ZERO writing credits on the Illusions...the definition of hired hands. Original 5.....that is all.

Yep. Fuck the coattail riders, including Matt.

Sky Dog wrote:

they really were though...salaried employees no different than Tommy, etc...I am not being ugly, but it is the truth. It is the only way that makes any sense, and I am quite sure the RRHOF would think it is best. If Axl doesn't want to show up, it's his loss. Let the other 4 play.....Hot Rod can sing SCOM! 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

they really were though...salaried employees no different than Tommy, etc...I am not being ugly, but it is the truth. It is the only way that makes any sense, and I am quite sure the RRHOF would think it is best. If Axl doesn't want to show up, it's his loss. Let the other 4 play.....Hot Rod can sing SCOM! 16

Geez, that's the only thing worse than Myles butchering GN'R songs. But certainly would be hilarious to watch. 14

Board footer