You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: Guns N Roses OFFICIALLY inducted into Rock n Roll Hall of Fame

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Matt and Dizzy had ZERO writing credits on the Illusions...the definition of hired hands. Original 5.....that is all.

Funny that even Steven says that Matt (and Dizzy) would deserve it.

It'll be a tough situation for Axl though, almost Catch 22. If he is a no show, then he'll get a lot of criticism, and he'll be the asshole. (Not that it'd be so far from the truth in that case.) If he shows up, but doesn't perform, then it will be almost the same, but reunion pressure and rumours will start if there is a photo of the original five. If he performs with them, except Slash (and Steven), then it'll be the most hysterical move in the entire history of RRHOF and GN'R, conclusion: Axl is an asshole. His only possible move to save face and avoid further criticism is performing with the old guys. He'll (need to?) declare that it's a different era - but hey, the whole hardcore fanbase would be happier if reuinon or not, they'd bury the hachet.

(On the other hand I took a look at HTGTH, and the Slash hate factor went high. Some vocal clowns would not even allow the old guys to be there, except maybe Izzy N' Duff, cause Slash & Co did nothing, but 'damaging this band' in the past years. I think you'd get an open conversation with a scientologist sooner, than with estebanf and the other puppets. It'll be interesting what position Jarmo takes though.)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

matt and dizzy had a hand in writing music though...well matt for sure unsure of Dizzy's role in the band, but he did play on the Illusions albums in some capacity

Gilby toured with the band at a time when the were at the height of their popularity and he also appeared on TSI so i'm sure that he will get some kind of recognition

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

It's kinda backwards from GN'R in a way, being that Dave won the name AND had the majority (3/4) of the band. But at the same time, Roger and many fans thought that there was no Floyd without him, so it's similar to GN'R in that regard.

to further the point of discussion for Dave, i heard that Gilmour and Barrett had a musical collaboration before Floyd existed, Dave was brought in after the first few albums to give the band a more traditional sound...i dunno how true it is though....Russ?

Sky Dog wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Matt and Dizzy had ZERO writing credits on the Illusions...the definition of hired hands. Original 5.....that is all.

Funny that even Steven says that Matt (and Dizzy) would deserve it.

It'll be a tough situation for Axl though, almost Catch 22. If he is a no show, then he'll get a lot of criticism, and he'll be the asshole. (Not that it'd be so far from the truth in that case.) If he shows up, but doesn't perform, then it will be almost the same, but reunion pressure and rumours will start if there is a photo of the original five. If he performs with them, except Slash (and Steven), then it'll be the most hysterical move in the entire history of RRHOF and GN'R, conclusion: Axl is an asshole. His only possible move to save face and avoid further criticism is performing with the old guys. He'll (need to?) declare that it's a different era - but hey, the whole hardcore fanbase would be happier if reuinon or not, they'd bury the hachet.

(On the other hand I took a look at HTGTH, and the Slash hate factor went high. Some vocal clowns would not even allow the old guys to be there, except maybe Izzy N' Duff, cause Slash & Co did nothing, but 'damaging this band' in the past years. I think you'd get an open conversation with a scientologist sooner, than with estebanf and the other puppets. It'll be interesting what position Jarmo takes though.)

Steven is a complete idiot. Honestly, he is.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Yeah but they played on the albums and toured with the band when they were at its peak.  I'd give you Gilby Clarke as a hired hand, but I don't hold Matt and Dizzy in that same regard. 

Again, I could see it going any way.  But if I had to rank it, it'd be the original 5, Dizzy would be in the 6 spot, Matt 7th, and Gilby 8th.  Tommy comes in at number 9.  Actually now that I think about it, Tommy and others might factor in higher than Gilby.  Not Matt and Dizzy though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Between Sorum and Dizzy, I would go with Sorum..  However, a lot of the drums were what Steven had demo'd and he just redid.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
faldor wrote:
madagas wrote:

Yeah but they played on the albums and toured with the band when they were at its peak.  I'd give you Gilby Clarke as a hired hand, but I don't hold Matt and Dizzy in that same regard. 

Again, I could see it going any way.  But if I had to rank it, it'd be the original 5, Dizzy would be in the 6 spot, Matt 7th, and Gilby 8th.  Tommy comes in at number 9.  Actually now that I think about it, Tommy and others might factor in higher than Gilby.  Not Matt and Dizzy though.

You can't pick and choose between hired hands...just my opinion...and on top of that, forget any consideration being given to Gilby for playing on SI. SI played no role in Gnr getting in...probably less a role than even Chinese Democracy. tongue

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer