You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

no way in hell I join that forum unless we start getting new music. I'm 45 years old, what the hell am I going to do with a Gnr bandana and laminate?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:
Olorin wrote:

So the cheapest option to join the forum would cost me $78.86 including shipping, and the premium option $98.86.

Hmmm think I'll pass for now 16

I tried to read the thread on this at htgth yesterday, my head was fried in seconds and gave up, that fuckin jarmo and his thought police, they ruin every thread. Imagine paying for that shite?

Holy shit! That much? I pay $40 a year to post on some other band's official website and I get exclusive shit all the time. Shirts, unreleased albums, presale codes for concerts. No shipping costs on top just a flat rate of $40.  It takes forever for them to send out the stuff they promise BUT it always arrives. For those worried about how long it takes them to ship items I think that's every band really.  Still basically $80 for the cheapest option is insane. Sounds like a mega rip off to me especially when you know you're only gonna be allowed to post opinions they tell you to have. 

Like others have mentioned too I wouldn't jump at the chance to give Fernando and Beta my credit card info.

To be honest I'd pay $80 to post on this site way before I'd pay anything to post on the official Gn'R site regardless of perks....... Dont' get any ideas though guys 16

just to claify. I believe it's that expensive solely due to shipping outside the US. Not that that makes it right, but I think shipping is a lot less stateside. Russ could probably clarify that.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Im 31, why on Earth would I need a bandana? I'm too old to even wear a stupid t-shirt. Been there, done that when I was 25.

GNR rarely come here anyway, and I've seen them both times. I have no certain interest in meeting either Dizzy, Ron, DJ or Tommy. I would pay for a meeting with Axl, but it includes a one-on-one with two pints of beer and groupies staying the fuck away so I can discuss what I want to discuss. Won't happen, so no interest.

I'd pay 30 dollars for two unreleased ChiDem songs, unless they offer that, then not really interested.

I would pay 50 dollars for a decent GNR magazine, not a forum.

I agree with Jarmo on one thing though, this is something we've been bitching about for years. Why don't they have a working website? Forum? All that shit?

Well, a decade too late and they are there. It's just too late for me. I'm too old for this fanboy bullshit. I've paid for my t-shirts, spents so much money on shows and shirts over the past decade.

50 dollars ain't that much in my country, and if they had good stuff, stuff I was interested in, I would join. I would certainly join in 2002. Now, I'm just scared I will be offered a live version of Sweet Child O Mine and a GNR bandana signed by DJ Ashba.

However to shit on GNR for doing the money go-round, well, four words; Aerosmith and Motley Crue.

Aerosmith has been doing this shit ever since the internet has been around. Join Aero Force One and get a pre-recorded "yayayayayayaya!!" scream from Steven Tyler in your e-mail.

Well, whatever.

Wasn't interested in joining that, and not interesting in joining this.

Too old.

Too late.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

no....I didn't say t-shirt.....and I know you are a collector. I don't collect so no use for the other stuff.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Nah Russ, each to it's own. I'm just not *there* personally any longer. Age is relative to whatever you might do or think.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

As some have said, I joined. So far I was able to enter a drawing for an autographed poster and access the forum which (so far) is uncensored. Not saying it'll stay that way but let's put it this way; there's a thread speculating on the release of CDII.

Funny story though-
The users at mygnr are all up in arms over the charge for the website. So much so that I've been accused of having been given a free membership by the band so others would sign up...... I assure you, I paid.

So who are the moderators in there anyway Russ? Has the cost of membership been brought up in the official forum?

Surely they'd have thought of basic memberships for overseas fans who want to join but dont want to pay these excessive shipment fees hmm

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Naltav
 Rep: 70 

Naltav wrote:

If you go to the music section of the site and click on The Spaghetti Incident albumcover, you get this little funfact (which was new to me...):

The Spaghetti Incident
"Many of the tracks were recorded with original Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin during the Use Your Illusion I and II sessions and then were later re-recorded by Gilby Clarke. Those tracks were previously intended to be included in a combined Use Your Illusion album, consisting of three (or possibly even four) discs, instead of the two separate discs they ended up being."

Board footer