You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

misterID wrote:

Yeah, that's when it was going to be a box set. smile But they could have left Gilby off the album, imo.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
DCK wrote:

Im 31, why on Earth would I need a bandana? I'm too old to even wear a stupid t-shirt. Been there, done that when I was 25.

GNR rarely come here anyway, and I've seen them both times. I have no certain interest in meeting either Dizzy, Ron, DJ or Tommy. I would pay for a meeting with Axl, but it includes a one-on-one with two pints of beer and groupies staying the fuck away so I can discuss what I want to discuss. Won't happen, so no interest.

I'd pay 30 dollars for two unreleased ChiDem songs, unless they offer that, then not really interested.

I would pay 50 dollars for a decent GNR magazine, not a forum.

I agree with Jarmo on one thing though, this is something we've been bitching about for years. Why don't they have a working website? Forum? All that shit?

Well, a decade too late and they are there. It's just too late for me. I'm too old for this fanboy bullshit. I've paid for my t-shirts, spents so much money on shows and shirts over the past decade.

50 dollars ain't that much in my country, and if they had good stuff, stuff I was interested in, I would join. I would certainly join in 2002. Now, I'm just scared I will be offered a live version of Sweet Child O Mine and a GNR bandana signed by DJ Ashba.

However to shit on GNR for doing the money go-round, well, four words; Aerosmith and Motley Crue.

Aerosmith has been doing this shit ever since the internet has been around. Join Aero Force One and get a pre-recorded "yayayayayayaya!!" scream from Steven Tyler in your e-mail.

Well, whatever.

Wasn't interested in joining that, and not interesting in joining this.

Too old.

Too late.

It's funny, they've waited so long to do this site and forum that the fan forums have grown a loyal fan community and its going to hurt the desire for an official fan forum.

But I have feeling Axl will show up in the official forums and members of the band.

And I think there was a reason Doc McGee was willing to leak "Jackie Chan" on the website and put out "Blood In The Water" on a rerelease of CD that isn't happening. If something like that is put on the site, I'd join.

And if you go to concerts like Russ does, this is a good deal.

BTW, I still wear my Rolling Stones shirt. And I'm 32 big_smile

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Naltav wrote:

If you go to the music section of the site and click on The Spaghetti Incident albumcover, you get this little funfact (which was new to me...):

The Spaghetti Incident
"Many of the tracks were recorded with original Guns N' Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin during the Use Your Illusion I and II sessions and then were later re-recorded by Gilby Clarke. Those tracks were previously intended to be included in a combined Use Your Illusion album, consisting of three (or possibly even four) discs, instead of the two separate discs they ended up being."

Yeah, I'd love to get hold of Slash's "stripped-down" versions of the UYI tracks and the Izzy versions of TSI, and assemble them into one big Illusions boxset. smile

Lomax wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I think there was a reason Doc McGee was willing to leak "Jackie Chan" on the website and put out "Blood In The Water" on a rerelease of CD that isn't happening. If something like that is put on the site, I'd join.

What? What song leaks? Blood in the water is a song? So confused, I heard none of this

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
killingvector wrote:

But I don't want a fan tee-shirt, a bandana, or a laminate.

Plus, I have no real desire to see a show since they already crossed America in support of a four year old album.

So, why pay $30 for access to the chat/fan forum?

Yea what a total fucking joke.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Im somewhat with you DCK.  I would rather something other than a bandanna and t-shirt.  Something that I might actually use.  A cool piece of artwork, limited lithograph etc might be cool.  Something else more practical, fuck a stubbie holder would at least be used by me compared to a bandanna. (God knows I've got enough shithouse GNR memorabillia in this house now, gimme something practical - lol)

I'm getting a bid old to wear just any band related t-shirt, Im pretty picky now what I would or wouldn't wear.  The fact I can't even see this shirt is annoying.

Then throw on top the postage to me here in Oz which is over $50 it makes for a pretty expensive exercise effectively just so I can post on a forum.

I know lots of other bands have fan club sites and pay for access etc so that's cool.  But Guns have their work cut out for them.  At least these other bands are active, communicate, release new stuff have lots of cool things associated with it, e.g. the Metalliclub stuff they offer is cool (those knobs were pretty damn cool) etc.  Not saying Guns won't, but their history doesn't give me a lot of confidence.  You gotta give some value and hopefully they will.

A rerelease of CD with the right artwork sold only to members would be cool.

Re the above posts - Im with you Riad when did Doc talk about leaking Jackie Chan or adding another track for a rerelease?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Russ has, gibbo.

I'll wait for the reviews to roll in on how things are there. The only reason to join is if they put out new/exclusive material.

Even if they did that I wouldn't join, because it would be just a matter of time before somebody emailed me the new material. Paying for "access" to anything like that is so fucking lame in my book.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

hahahahaha, Jarmo's place is such a joke. Everyone falling in line that this package is worth it:

"And in my view, you can't put a price on supporting the band that you love in your heart and soul.
                                                                                      -one.in.a.million."

Shoot me, right now.

Ali
 Rep: 41 

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

hahahahaha, Jarmo's place is such a joke. Everyone falling in line that this package is worth it:

"And in my view, you can't put a price on supporting the band that you love in your heart and soul.
                                                                                      -one.in.a.million."

Shoot me, right now.

No, not everyone.  That isn't true.  That quote you posted reminds me of the sentiment some people I know have for various sports teams/franchises.  The term "die-hard" comes to mind.  You may not understand or agree with it, but the guy is honest about his passion for GN'R.

Ali

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

What a bunch of losers over there. Yes you can put a price on it, and that price is about 30 bucks! I won't pay 30 bucks to post on a forum where undoubtedly I'd be banned the moment I express an honest POV.

And is that REALLY the membership price per year??? I get to keep getting re-billed annually? Fuck that shit!

Board footer