You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: gunsnroses.com (Merch store now open, SALE!)

faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:

What a bunch of losers over there. Yes you can put a price on it, and that price is about 30 bucks! I won't pay 30 bucks to post on a forum where undoubtedly I'd be banned the moment I express an honest POV.

And is that REALLY the membership price per year??? I get to keep getting re-billed annually? Fuck that shit!

It's not for everyone obviously, but $30 a year isn't exactly going to send you to the welfare line.  And you're not LOCKED in for life if you decide to join.  If you try it out and don't like it, you can simply decide to not subscribe the following year.  Sort of like ANY SUBSCRIPTION IN THE HISTORY OF MAN.

The first sign of something cool(er than a t-shirt) and I will fork over my money.  I don't mind supporting the band either, even though some people think that's laughable.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm the same, if there s something cool and value for money I will sign up. At the moment for me there's not.

Hopefully there will be in the future.

Although you only get one cance to make a good first impression so it's been strange how they have rolled the site out in an adhoc piecemeal fashion.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Just got this e-mail, as I'm sure many of you did.  I can't keep up with all this terminology. 

And even better, as an early subscriber to GunsNRoses.com’s re-emergence, we are getting you 40% off the $5 price plus a free month’s worth of access to NIGHTRAIN – the band’s online fan club. Click HERE to get YOUR $3 price on what is sure to be a highlight of anyone’s PRESIDENT’S DAY WEEKEND in the US.

So I guess for $3 you get a free one month trial subscription of the fan club.  And additionally, I'm guessing if you are a member of the fan club, you still have to pay for the online stream?  Was hoping stuff like that would be included in the subscription terms.

Edit - It looks like the show is FREE for fan club members.  Is there something wrong with my reading comprehension because I didn't get that at all from what I read?

Edit 2 - Okay, I got a second e-mail saying it was free.  Whoops.

This stream is complimentary (FREE) for the entertainment of our NIGHTRAIN members. Simply visit us on Sunday around 10pm Central US Time (Chicago) for all the fun and games HERE (http://gunsnroses.com/ppvfc)!

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Ali wrote:
killingvector wrote:

hahahahaha, Jarmo's place is such a joke. Everyone falling in line that this package is worth it:

"And in my view, you can't put a price on supporting the band that you love in your heart and soul.
                                                                                      -one.in.a.million."

Shoot me, right now.

No, not everyone.  That isn't true.  That quote you posted reminds me of the sentiment some people I know have for various sports teams/franchises.  The term "die-hard" comes to mind.  You may not understand or agree with it, but the guy is honest about his passion for GN'R.

Ali

There were a few dissenting opinions, but after /jarmo launched into damage control mode, every opinion after fell in line. Capped off by Mr. One in a Million.

O/T wait, is this $30/year???? Seriously?

And 40% off $5? Wow, thanks for that savings in these tough times.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Riad wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I think there was a reason Doc McGee was willing to leak "Jackie Chan" on the website and put out "Blood In The Water" on a rerelease of CD that isn't happening. If something like that is put on the site, I'd join.

What? What song leaks? Blood in the water is a song? So confused, I heard none of this

Seconding the confusion. There was also a thread an hour ago telling people to check their PMs. Has something interesting happened GN'R wise?

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
faldor wrote:
Cramer wrote:

What a bunch of losers over there. Yes you can put a price on it, and that price is about 30 bucks! I won't pay 30 bucks to post on a forum where undoubtedly I'd be banned the moment I express an honest POV.

And is that REALLY the membership price per year??? I get to keep getting re-billed annually? Fuck that shit!

It's not for everyone obviously, but $30 a year isn't exactly going to send you to the welfare line.  And you're not LOCKED in for life if you decide to join.  If you try it out and don't like it, you can simply decide to not subscribe the following year.  Sort of like ANY SUBSCRIPTION IN THE HISTORY OF MAN.

The first sign of something cool(er than a t-shirt) and I will fork over my money.  I don't mind supporting the band either, even though some people think that's laughable.

I'm not saying an of that. But what I'm saying is that it's a JOKE to pay any money to post on a fan forum.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

I have been in plenty fan clubs. Bon Jovi, Prince, Chili Peppers, Kiss Army

The Great tickets to concerts is the draw

I don't know if i trust GNR to run this thing worth a shit which is why i am leery handing over my cash.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

russtcb wrote:

I just found out some information that may interest a lot of folks in this thread:

No one is forcing you to pay for or care at all about the GN'R website.

Why is this the default position of anyone who rejects criticism of the band? I swear, in the past three days, I have read this sentiment expressed multiple times. It is the 'if you don't like it, then you can just leave' mentality.

Just because some choose not to pay does not exonerate from criticism the poor choices made thus far by those who developed these membership package.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Like I said I pay $40/year(including shipping) to post at u2.com but it's worth it. I get exclusive cd releases that are only available for members. Vinyl releases that never hot stores, pre sale codes, t-shirts etc etc. I can't ever see Gn'R doing anything remotley close to that. we'll see.

Board footer